“Excellent place to rest your head”

Motel 6 Columbus West
Ranked #72 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Excellent place to rest your head”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Needed a place to stay for the night while driving with my girlfriend from NJ to Minneapolis. The hotel is right outside of downtown Columbus and literally 2 turns off of I-70. The room was clean,the bed was comfortable and the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Some of the other guests seemed a little "Shady" but they never bothered us and it was a very enjoyable one night stay.While it lacks some of the amenities of more expensive hotels (flat screen tv, room service, etc) you get more than what you pay for. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean, inexpensive place to stay outside of Columbus.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor have air conditioned hallways and aren't out in the open. The first 2 flo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We are traveling with our 2 black labs now so we thought we would give Motel 6 a shot. Of course we only want to try the Motel 6's that have decent TripAdvisor ratings. The first one (in Columbus OH) was cheap and clean and my 2 dogs stayed for free. My wife is a fanatic about clean. You can't beat the price for what you get especially since most other places either won't take dogs or they charge extra. It was comfortable and we slept well. We have 3 more nights on our way to Arizona so I think we'll be Motel6ing it for all 3.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mike O
Portland, Maine
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Motel 6's are generally cheap, clean places to stay for the night. This particular hotel lies next to an abandoned Econo Lodge property and is confusing at first to find. Access is via a side road that leads to a highly rutted and broken up road. You think you are in an industrial park when you enter the area. Overall, this seems like a slightly seedy location for a motel, but you get what you pay for, as nearby hotels are charging upwards of $75 per night in an area that does not have a whole bunch of attractions.

The walls look old, there were some light bulbs missing in my room, the ceiling ahd some stains, the HVAC unit hasn't been updated since the Nixon administration, and the WiFi is iffy in various spots in the room. I think this place needs a major update, but for around $45, it was not terrible. One thing that got me was the ultra-high lodging taxes that Columbus places on hotel rooms, seemingly to make up lost revenue for not having anything to do in town.

As for my stay, I slept only about 2 hours the whole night on account of 2 reasons: the sheets on the bed were uber-thin, resulting in a strong feeling of the latex mattress cover, and the paper-thin walls that allowed me to hear (and respond to) the conversations of my neighbors. I would not stay here again BUT FOR the cheap price when all I want to do for the night is sleep.

Room Tip: Spend a few more dollars and go elsewhere if you can afford the ridiculously high Columbus lodging t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Spring Church
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This motel is off of I-70 easy access to it. Motel was clean and staff were friendly and very
helpful. Cracker Barrel restaurant is right next door, and they do take out so we were able
to get our meals to go, since parking at the motel was a little short. We opted to walk next
door rather than lose our parking spot right outside of our room. We would definitely stay
here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We weren't really asking for much... Just a place to stay for my kiddos to rest up before another 8-9 hours of driving...
This places was extremely cheap, but the hotel was very clean and comfortable. They had an awesome location next to everything... Even a Walmart.
We stayed with three kiddos and they offerred to rent us a cot.. And it was extremely comfortable and huge lol I was expecting a small sized cot.. Thus one was basically a twin sized bed.
They were so friendly.
I give this place an A++ especially for the price.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sally D
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 27, 2012

After searching for this hotel w/my GPS I actually found it by having a nearby hotel look up the phone number for me. There's no iron or alarm clock in the room but they do have wi-fi. The front desk clerk was nice and the rate was great ($65) for this weekend-there is a slight odor in the room, that's my only complaint.

• Stayed July 2012
Lubbock
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The owner/manager was very friendly and welcoming. Lots of restaurants were a short drive away with a nice looking new restaurant just a couple businesses down.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family