1) Front desk is understaffed.
We visited on a busy weekend with several large groups staying in rooms. The check-in process was very slow. Guests with simple questions were told they couldn't ask their question until all of the check-ins had been processed. They only had two of the three check-in counters working at this peak time, with about 15 families waiting in line to check in.
One party I was waiting behind while checking in had a complaint that they wanted to address with management. They had to pull the chef out of the kitchen while he was making dinner because apparently he was the manager. That process took quite a while.
Later in the evening, people who were wanting to purchase snacks at the front desk were waiting over five minutes for anyone to actually show up at the front desk to service them.
2) Housekeeping must be understaffed
When we checked in at 4 p.m. on Saturday, there was a pile of wadded up sheets and an empty pizza box at the southwest corner of the 7th floor. When we checked out at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, the sheets and pizza box were still there.
3) Very loud atrium. Unfortunately, all rooms face the eight-story atrium, which is very, very noisy. You have to go to the bedroom part of the suite to actually get some peace and quiet. Woe to those who must sleep on the sofa bed near the door.
4) Elevators are ridiculously slow. One actually got taken out of service on Sunday, making it even worse. And the elevators also are small. Typically only half of the people waiting for an elevator could make it in. Most of the patrons I ran into while in the elevator were also highly frustrated with them. If planning to go from the 7th floor to the lobby or vice versa, make sure to put about 7 or 8 extra minutes in your schedule.
5) We reserved a crib for our room with my reservation and it was not sent up or mentioned at the time we checked in. I went down a couple of hours later and they said they didn't have any more.
6) The rooms were very nice. However, all of the suites only came with 2 double beds. For the ridiculously expensive room rate, why shouldn't these be queen beds?
7) Rooms are too expensive for the poor level of service.
8) They had information saying there was "easy checkout" where our bill would be placed under the door at 6 a.m. For some reason this wasn't done, so I had to go past the front desk on the way out.
Generally, I'd recommend staying someplace else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Columbus is an all-suite hotel in Columbus, Ohio, close to local corporations and area attractions. Our hotel is located 15 minutes away from Port Columbus International Airport and Ohio State University Airport.Stay at this 221-suite hotel that features a living room and separate bedroom. Our suites offer 500 sq. ft. of space, a refrigerator and microwave, 42-inch flat-screen HDTVs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Columbus
- Columbus Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Columbus Ohio