“Thumbs up, but ...”

Ranked #59 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Lima, United States
“Thumbs up, but ...”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great hotel, but minimal restaurants near it. Nice pool. Fitness center had three good treadmills and a stair-stepper, free weights. Breakfast great. Location is only issue. Only a few restaurants near it. Had to drive 2 exits to have a good choice. Didn't try hotel restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and it will be my last. I needed to speak with a manager about an item that I had left behind my previous visit, the staff kept giving me the run around and telling me the manager was in a meeting or not available which proved to be not true when the manager walked up in the middle of the front desk guy saying "he's not here right now." I called the same day I left to notify someone of the item I left behind, the person I spoke with told me they found it and will set it aside under my name. This was either a lie or they misplaced the item and totally forgot about it by the time I came back to stay again (about two weeks) the staff was very rude, the young lady who works the front desk at night is almost intolerable. The rooms were clean, the food was good, just had a very unpleasant experience. I feel as though I was lied too several times and during the interaction with the "manager" I caught him in a lie which he could not explain. Will never stay here again and would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were very disappointed and that we fell short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from the Embassy Brand. I truly apologize, and I can assure you that I definitely will utilize your review to improve the guest- experience.. The hotel staff works very hard to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration. Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future and stay with us next time you’re in town.

Hilliard, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Our stay at the Embassy Suites on Corp. Exchange Drive in Col., OH. was as good as we've come to expect from ES. The staff always goes a little further to insure your stay is a good one. They were really extended because of it being a seemingly full house and even with inclement weather they were able to give plenty of service with a smile. Good job and kudos to the staff. wm

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Forest Hill, Maryland
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The rooms were to cold, the bathrooms are to small, the staff were rude to children. It was very noisy, the set up is terrible with little kids who could easily fall. The elevators were to slow, the pool is to small for the number of people that were there. The pool was to cold, house keeping did a terrible job of keeping the halls clean, there was clothes all over the hall, and dirty food trays. There was only one good thing wich was the food.

• Stayed February 2014
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Michigan
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed here for one night during an audition for Americas got talent. We didn't arrive until after 11:30 pm so we just went straight to bed. We had a King suite with sofa bed. The room was very clean and neat and didn't have any issues with the room. The next morning we enjoyed their complementary breakfast which was really good, lots of different choices.

The only negative thing I can say is that when we arrived at the hotel at 11:30 pm there was a lady that was very intoxicated and she got sick right outside the main lobby doors (off to the side). We let the check-in lady know that she had just gotten sick outside there and she told us that she would call someone to get it taken cleaned up. Well the next afternoon (1:30ish) when we left the hotel it was STILL there! Right in plain site for everyone to see, very disgusting. I understand that this was not the hotels fault, but it should have been dealt with. They could have at least thrown some snow over it to cover it up!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I went to visit family over the winter holiday, 12/26/-1/2/14. I had a wonderful time at the hotel as the breakfast was nice and the staff was super friendly. It wasn't until the final day that I realized that someone had went through my purse, stole a watch (xmas- gift from my parents) and several hundred dollars from my purse. I realized i left my purse several times unattended in the bedroom as i went to partake in swimming with my family. It was during this time, I believe my items were taken.

I went to the hotel manager the moment I realized the items were missing. She assured me a thorough investigation would be conducted and I would be notified of the outcome. Well, a month later, and i still havent heard a thing, except the investigation has been complete and information was sent to the insurance agency. I have never felt so violated in my life this incident took away from the great experience that I had at the hotel. I can not recommend this hotel to anyone because it left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope this incident never happens to another family.

Lessoned learned early in the year, keep your pocketbook close with you at all times at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you sincerely for your review of the Embassy Suites Columbus on Trip advisor. We were very disappointed that we were unable to deliver the outstanding service that most of our guest enjoy while visiting our hotel. I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. I have spoken to the employees involved with this incident and I am positive that the missing items had nothing to do with any of our hard working employee's. The employees at our hotel pride themselves in not only meeting guest expectations but exceeding them. Our hotel has a long reputation that is void of incidents which you have mentioned.Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Fishers, United States
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I would stay here again - comfortable suite, nice breakfast. The evening reception was typically underwhelming. Very few are noteworthy. ;) The staff in restaurant were accommodating and attentive. There was a lot of snow during our stay and the staff was outside with brooms and shovels assisting guests as they dug out their vehicles. Totally above and beyond!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive! We know you have many options when you travel, and so we are glad you were able to experience our Embassy Suites hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.