“Beautiful place but unfriendly staff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #71 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Rayland, United States
“Beautiful place but unfriendly staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Check-in was a breeze and the staff was incredibly friendly. The pool was fabulous but the hot-tub was too hot for my husband to even enter. The room was beautiful and met my expectations. Up until the morning, it was a good trip....then I went to breakfast. We were turned away because we didn't have our shoes on our feet and then after we put shoes on, the pancake lady told us to go sit down because her line was getting backed up (we were in line for omelets waiting our turn.) Highly rude breakfast workers (except the omelet guy). Clearly, they did NOT want to be there on Thanksgiving morning. I will continue to book Embassy Suites but not this one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from our hotel. I am so sorry that you felt our staff was rude towards you but we do require all guest to wear shoes in public spaces. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guests to experience an exceptional stay with us and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will take your comments into consideration.

Don Gantt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Troy, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel was a convenient place to stay for an overnight to visit our student at Denison University in Granville, about 25 minutes away. It was convenient also to take advantage of a quick sightseeing trip to downtown Columbus. The hotel has a huge center atrium, which means noise travels and echoes all the way from the first floor. You could hear some noise from the atrium in the living room of our 8th floor suite. It was fine during sleeping hours (we were there on a weeknight), but early in the morning I could hear dishes clattering from the breakfast area, and voices carried. Again, nothing that kept us awake.... Small problem with the bathroom door not sitting on hinges correctly, and reported it to front desk when we checked out. Good experience overall -- staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for your favorable review on Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with my staff. The team here at the Embassy Columbus, Ohio thanks you for your loyalty and commitment to our hotel and to the Embassy Brand. Thanks again and have a great day!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Great Customer Service in all areas of this hotel. The staff of very accommodating to all our needs. The were friendly, professional, and made sure we were taken care of while there. The breakfast of made to order and they even opened a little early to help us out. We will stay at this location anytime we travel to Columbus, Ohio, again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your favorable review on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide exceptional service to our guests and I am happy to hear that we did just that during your stay. I hope that you will stay with us again if you have the opportunity in the future. Thank you again for your kind words. Have a great day.
Parkersburg, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We booked this hotel for a one night stay in Columbus for a shopping trip and movie premiere. We booked here specifically because we noticed you could check in under the age of 21. I won't turn 21 until July so I knew we needed a place that would allow us to stay. We booked this room and paid fully in advance so everything would be taken care of until we found out otherwise upon arrival. They would not allow us to check in due to us being underage even though we paid in full and accepted all terms and conditions. We tried to explain this to the staff and also that we didn't find anywhere on the site explaining the age restriction (obviously we wouldn't have booked through this hotel if this info was available). Even the two employees couldn't find anywhere on the site that listed this information. After quite a while, a manager appeared and showed us a piece of paper that listed this "restriction" that he had just created and explained that we couldn't check in. So although it was completely ridiculous we decided to just accept that and get on the phone immediately to find another hotel to stay at. The manager so kindly informed us that not only could we not check in, but we weren't being refunded our money either so basically they got a free $150 and an empty room to rent for the night while we were out of luck. I was very disappointed with this experience because we've been planning this trip for months now and saving all of the money we could to afford it and then get treated this poorly. I'm not sure if it's because we were "kids" or because we weren't wealthy businessmen but either way we will most definitely never book with embassy suites ever again and neither will anyone in our friends and family circle. Horrible experience.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank jkalinof
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive. The feedback our guests provide is extremely important to us as we strive to improve our service levels every day. Based on your comments, we did not live up to your expectations during your last stay, and for that I apologize. I will be sharing your comments with our entire staff in an effort to improve the items that you pointed out.

Columbus, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

The breakfast, managers reception,comfortable and quiet suite were a great respit in the middle of a couple of hectic business days! The food was great, Service friendy and amenities wonderful. If time had permitted, I could have comfortably stayed much longer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive! We know you have many options when you travel, and so we are glad you were able to experience our Embassy Suites hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks again for staying with us!

Irvine, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel did it's job - we felt well taken care of and overall I was pleased. I was on a family outing and we decided to stay here. Nice hotel, breakfast is always good, rooms were more than adequate. Next time I'm in Columbus I'm going to check out the hotels near the mall. The mall was wonderful and very well done.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stay away from this Embassy suites. Dirty - not clean, needs addtional staff to keep the place clean. older building - needs to be updated terrible breakfast- cold food, no fresh fruit, pancakes tasted like cold cardboard. bacon ot cooked, etc. seemed like a budget hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I was very disappointed to read this review as this hotel has numerous testimonials stating how clean and well kept the hotel is. I have 20 Housekeeping associates that take pride in their work and have worked very hard to be ranked in the top 30% of all Embassy suite hotels. I do thank you for taking the time to provide a review and for your feedback. Based on your comments, we did not live up to your expectations during your last stay, and for that I apologize. I will be sharing your comments with our entire staff in an effort to improve the items that you pointed out.