“Great stay for business”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #50 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Indiana
“Great stay for business”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Rooms were spacious and very modern. The cook to order breakfast is mostly just the eggs made to order but plenty of other goodies to round out the many options to make it a complete breakfast. The afternoon happy hour with snacks and free drinks is a great way to unwind after a long day of meetings. The front desk staff were very helpful except for the one manager who refused to charge the company card on file stating it was against their policy even though they charged the card on every other stay at the hotel from our associates. Even with that snafu I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less hall noise for some reason.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Boardman, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were bombarded with kids at this location then when trying to use the pool a lady was changing her childs diaper beside us in the chairs provided to lay out and relax. We were credited our stay and was able to check out and go to another hotel with a great deal less kids. We left then the next day our credit card was charged for a room in the morning when we weren't aware.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

3 Thank Kenneth T
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I am so sorry if there were some children who were rowdy and disruptive. I especially would like to apologize that our staff did not resolve this issue promptly. I truly appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention and I assure you that I have spoken to our security team regarding your comments so that this does not occur again. I can guarantee that our main concern is for our guests to have an exceptional stay with us and I regret that we fell short of your expectations.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you went through and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.

Don Gantt

North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Elegant modern rooms. Friendly staff. Well done breakfast and happy hour. But my only complaint is why do I need 200 characters minimum there's not much more that I need to write! All I can say is that I recommend this hotel to my friends...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
CAPE COD
Reviewed August 26, 2013

In general I like Embassy Suites and the Columbus location rooms are nice. However, shame on the management or lack of, that allowed this hotel to become a zoo over the weekend. Apparently the hotel played host to a pee wee soccer tournament. The hotel has hundreds of little children running rampid everywhere in the hotel. Just to get on the elevator was a monumental task. All the elevators were tied up because little unsupervised kids were going up and down taking rides all evening long. I stayed on the 7th floor, and decided to walk up 7th flights because the elevator took forever to arrive.

I took my children with me, and they were shocked at the lack of parental control going on. I understand that the management cant act as a baby sitter, but management still has a responsibility to the other paying guest.

In addition, although I slept on the 7th foor, I could here a party in the parking lot going on until 1:00 am. Upon checkout, my wife mentioned to guest services, that our stay wasnt a pleasant one, and the woman immediately said "let me guess, all these crazy kids" which indicated to me that other guess had complained.

In the future when you play host to a massive children's event, please inform any guest prior to arrival, so that they can make accomodations else where.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank phineasKnows
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive. The feedback our guests provide is extremely important to us as we strive to improve our service levels every day. Based on your comments, we did not live up to your expectations during your last stay, and for that I apologize. I will be sharing your comments with our entire staff in an effort to improve the items that you pointed out. Thanks Again!

Don Gantt

galena, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great time, people were very nice, good food and nice reception service. The pool was great for my kids and it was a really nice time! Thanks Embassy Suites. But my complaint is why do I need 200 characters minimum there's not much more that I need to write! All I can say is that I recommend this hotel to my friends and family and people that I do not know!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Ohio isn't normally a holiday destination, but this hotel was fantastic for a traveling party for a wedding! Complimentary hot break, wi-fi and evening drinks, with great service all round. They even have a complimentary shuttle to any 5 mile location!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Matthew D
Boca Raton, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were traveling in a group of 9 and shared two hotel rooms. They accommodated us by trying to keep us on the same floor, staff was friendly and helpful and the stay was comfortable. All accept a couple of the elevators took forever to come and sometimes just didn't come at all, forcing us to go around to the other side of the building to use the other bank of elevators.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple