WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #87 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was my first experience at an embassy suites. I will try to stay in one from now on when I travel!! We had a wonderful stay. Nice clean room. Great staff. Nice breakfast with great selection of food.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Akron, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our family stayed one night at this fabulous hotel in northern Columbus, Ohio. We had booked 3 of our 4 suites in advance at a reduced rate. The fourth suite, a last minute change of plans, also got the reduced rate. (We are Hilton Honors members which may have helped.) The accommodations were beautiful. The staff was friendly and very understanding of our five small grandchildren. I strongly recommend this great hotel.

Jackson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I loved everything about it but a couple of choices I had made choosing a smoking room it had a really strong odor. I would choose non smoking next time even as a smoker. With 4 children my wife and I took the sofa sleeper it was a killer we hurt the next morning but again the beds the kids slept on looked a lot softer and comfy. But wanted to stay up and couldn't without keeping kids up. Again a choice my wife and I made. Loved the managers reception and breakfast!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The staff friendliness, cleanliness of room, managers reception & breakfast reminded us why we have loved staying at the Embassy Suites for many years. This hotel was a great bargain & helped us have a great relaxing get-away!

We recently stayed at another Embassy Suites in Columbus whose staff didn’t match the caring attitude nor professional service.

Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed here with my family (16 and 14 year old)

Pluses:
Heated swimming pool - 85 degrees. It's an indoor/outdoor pool that you can swim from the inside to outside. It's warm and you can stay in for a long time and never get chilled.
Exercise room - aerobics and free weights
Friendly front desk and breakfast staff

Minuses:
Dated and not as well maintained as I would expect. Massive peeling paint in the bathroom. Bathroom fixtures not in place
Hairball in our bathtub drain
We called the first night for an extra blanket. After waiting one hour, we called again. Then after another 30 minutes we told them to not come up because we were going to bed.
Evening reception was only vegetables and some chips and Chex mix. I've seen better receptions at other Embassy Suites.

Personal minus:
The noise from the highway was significant for me. If highway noise doesn't bother you, then it won't be a big deal. If it is, then it will be a problem for you.

Next time I am in Columbus, I think I will look for another place to stay. There was too much noise for me.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Syracuse, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Check in and check out was a breeze! Staying at Embassy has given me high expectations and I was really let down this visit. Unfortunately we had to drive past and adult book store and through a rough part of town to get there. Not impressed. After leaving the lobby, I smelled a bit of a musty odor (probably due to the high amount of rain we've received or perhaps a lot of people using the pool). The room was as clean as I've come to expect the rooms to be. When I opened the sleeper sofa where my children were to sleep, a support spring came off! So we all huddled together in a room that just wouldn't cool down. The A/C took hours to work. At breakfast I noticed that a lot of the rug where it meets the tile was badly ripped, namely near the elevators and breakfast area. At Check out I presented the associate with the spring and she was as shocked as I was. I forgot to mention the A/C however. Overall a mediocre stay. I hope my next visit to Embassy will be better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

lorain, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

what can I say another great stay with great people see ya next year maybe we'll come sooner a great place for kids and so comfortable access to everything and I cant stress enough this is the best hotel anywhere

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive and thank you for review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I am happy to hear that you are returning next year . Thanks again for your loyalty to the Embassy Brand and for the favorable review.

Sincerely