“Tried & true ... the best ROTR hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #33 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was the fourth time we’ve stayed at this Embassy for Rock on the Range. We like this property better than the airport Embassy, staff and hotel is MUCH nicer. The suite was – as always – well appointed, but the hotel is starting to show its age: worn carpet, small cracks in grout, missing TV guides and hotel info books. Breakfast was oddly limited for an Embassy, only scrambled eggs, stiff dry hash browns and only bacon. There was an omlet bar, but it wasn’t clear who could use it: guests or special event guests? We were instructed to wear green wristbands to identify ourselves as guests, but most people just held on to them. The workers were friendly, quick and efficient. The welcoming lemon and orange water and fresh baked cookies upon arrival were exceptional. No in-room safes. For ROTR fans, this location is ideal: easy in & out, worth the extra $ to cover breakfast(s).

Room Tip: Elevators can be slow, if you're in a hurry get a lower floor. P.S. women - don't stand nea...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My stay at Embassy Suites was great. I felt like a queen. I don't travel much and it really made me feel spoiled. I was able to take advantage of the fitness center as well as the breakfast... both were just right. I would definitely stay at another one wherever I might go.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This Embassy Suites is easy to get to from the highway, the food is delicious, and the rooms are luxurious. No down side. The TVs in the suite were high quality and the mattress was so comfortable! We enjoyed the manager's reception and had a relaxing evening.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I was here for 4 days that were over a weekend. Very nice pool, but couldn't get in it because it was always filled with small children. adult swim was last hour it was open.. not going in it then after all those children had been in it for hours, if you know what I mean ..finally once the weekend was over, and only a couple people were in it, the spa looked scummy and the pool was cloudy. I mentioned it to the front desk, and all she said was, yeah I don't use public pools. The area that was nearby was run down and no good restaurants within walking distance . If my room wasn't so nice and the staff so pleasant I would have left.. the restaurant on premise was surprisingly really good.. kudos to the chef . I stay at Embassy for their great breakfast and happy hour.. but lately every time I stay there are always some sporting team or mini convention and their families that run through the hotel. The parents are in the lobby while their small kids run up and down the elevator and through the halls.. btw, I don't think this is a safe practice.. I used to work in a hotel and as safe as you think they are, you can not let your gaurd down.. because of this, it's very noisy and the elevators are always so slow.. I might just have to stay in a smaller place like the home wood suites..

• Stayed: June 2013
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive. The feedback our guests provide is extremely important to us as we strive to improve our service levels every day. Based on your comments, we did not live up to your expectations during your last stay, and for that I apologize. I will be sharing your comments with our entire staff in an effort to improve the items that you pointed out. The Embassy suites Brand is a family friendly brand and we do get more than our fair share of families that enjoy our lagoon type pool. I am sorry that the noise level and amount of kids in the pool made your stay less than desirable.

I hope that you will choose to give us another chance the next time you are in town and you could contact me directly so that I may ensure that your stay is a successful one. Thank you again for the valuable feedback.

Sincerely

Don Gantt

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was a fabulous hotel. The room was clean, and kept clean during our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed in double bed suite, it had plenty of room for the four of us (2 adults, 2 kids). It was nice to have two TV's with plenty of kids channels to choose from. The pool was large and clean, the kids enjoyed swimming from the inside to the outside. The breakfast buffet was delicious with lots of choices. Even with several groups of children staying at the hotel, we experienced very little noise. The only suggestion I would give is asking for a room away from the highway, which is a little bit noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was in town on business and the company made the decision to have me stay here. Beforehand, I read some of the reviews and I wasn't too thrilled, specifically about all the "kids running around" comments. Well, I guess that must be on the weekend only, because I didn't see any kids at all (I stayed Monday through Thursday). The room looked great and cleaned. I asked for extra shampoo after my first night to the cleaning service and they left me several extra bottles. The people at the front desk were great and very helpful to us finding places to eat around the area. The gym was nice and clean. The treadmills had TV attached to them and if I had any complaints, it didn't carry ESPN. =) Breakfast buffet was great and very enjoyable with an omlette station (I think they will also cook any eggs you requested). It was the same every day, but had enough different options (omlette, pancakes, french toast, cereal, bagels, hashbrowns). They have a Happy Hour (Manager Reception) in the bar area from 5:30 to 7:30 in which you get free alcoholic drinks. Since the bar area is in the middle of an open atrium, it can get a little loud for those in their rooms, but it was only because everyone were enjoying themselves, including me. The bartender was great!! For those people that were complaining of a strip club at the entrance of the road, yes, you see it as you drive by, but it's not next door to the hotel or anything like that. The hotel is still almost 1/2 mile away and you do not see it anywhere from the hotel grounds. If you didn't pay close attention to the sign, you wouldn't have noticed that it was a strip club. Since this was my first time staying at an Embassy Suite, I was very impressed and will look up this hotel chain for future visits.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the highway can be a little noisy, but it didn't bother me. Still, if you'...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Our check in was very easy. However we called 2 days in advance to make sure there was a crib for our infant son. I got a call about an hour after being in our room that they didn't have one. When I told them I wasn't happy they went to the local meijer and bought one. I really appreciated it. The staff was fantastic, it was the hotel it's self that was way under par. The rooms are dark and dingy looking, and its sooooo loud! It's currently 6pm and I can't hear myself think because of the loudness. And we went to take our infant son to the pool, and there was well over 29
Kids in the pool with no adults. Nothing was done concerning this issue.

I love embassy hotels, stay in them all the time. This hotel however has out a sour taste in my mouth. If it wasn't for the fact that I already booked 2 nights here, I would check out tomorrow and find a nicer place to stay...

So disappointed!

Room Tip: Find. Different hotel, it's too loud here
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelli W
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Columbus, Ohio. I understand that you were very disappointed and that we fell short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from the Embassy Brand. I truly apologize, and I can assure you that I definitely will utilize your review to improve the guest experience.. The hotel staff works very hard to ensure our guest enjoy the hotel. I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration. Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future and stay with us next time you’re in town.

Sincerely