“Pictures are deceiving. Not your typical Embassy experience.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #62 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Elyria, Ohio
“Pictures are deceiving. Not your typical Embassy experience.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Pictures are deceiving. Not your typical Embassy experience. We arrived for our 3pm check-in, but unfortunately later left after waiting 45 minutes for them to get a room ready because they had put us in a smoking room, when we requested non-smoking. Then the room they put us in was less than appealing and definitely not the relaxing experience we hoped for. The last straw for us was being given a folded playard instead of the crib we were supposed to receive and a large reason why we stay at Embassy. We even booked directly through the hotel and were told roll-a-way cribs were available for our little girl. Our daughter won’t sleep in a playard, plus has outgrown it anyways. The manager, offered no apology for the experience and not so nicely said, "If you can leave in the next 5 minutes or so I won’t charge you for the room even though you already checked in.” I quickly jumped on my phone to make arraignments for another hotel and was able to get the last room at Embassy Columbus-Airport after confirming that they had the accommodation that we are used to receiving at Embassy. I must say that the Embassy Columbus at 2700 Corporate Exchange Drive, is wreaking of poor management. There was no attempt to contain the kids from riding the elevators for fun, running through the halls, running in and out of rooms slamming doors, and yelling from floor to floor. The atmosphere at that location more closely resembles the old Holidome's that I stayed at as a child, which is a far cry from the Embassy experience that we are used to.

If you want a run-down room like what you would expect at a cheap hotel, combined with a chucky cheese wild atmosphere, stay at this hotel. If you want a real Embassy Suites experience, stay at the Embassy Suites Columbus-Airport. Kristen and the staff there make your stay an enjoyable experience.

2 Thank Phil O
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The lobby was very nice, clean and staff is friendly. The rooms were clean and toiletries were good - Crabtree & Evelyn avocado & basil products. The pool area looked nice as did the restaurant. Breakfast consisted of the typical options and an omelet/waffle station - yum. Coffee was not good and the juice options, eh.

Con - not an exciting location but it was a business trip so it was perfect for that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Celster1
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive! We know you have many options when you travel, and so we are glad you were able to experience our Embassy Suites hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 27, 2013

A terrible place to go for a business event. There were kids running wild, yelling and screaming and treating the place like a big gymnasium, and the parents were lounging in the common area ignoring it all, relaxing and enjoying themselves. Also, it took forever to get an elevator because kids were playing on them, pushing the buttons for every floor. As far as we could tell, the hotel employees didn't even try to ask the parents to control their kids. The manager's reception was nothing but a long line, and there were no clean tables at breakfast. A very stressful visit!

Room Tip: Be sure to take a copy of your acknowledgement with you so you'll have proof of what you request...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Loren0959
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive. The feedback our guests provide is extremely important to us as we strive to improve our service levels every day. Based on your comments, we did not live up to your expectations during your last stay, and for that I apologize. I will be sharing your comments with our entire staff in an effort to improve the items that you pointed out.

I hope that you will choose to give us another chance the next time you are in town again, thank you for the helpful feedback.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed February 22, 2013

the room, pool, reception and breakfast were all very well done.
we did have an issue with one tv, but someone was sent up right away to fix it.
everyone was so friendly and helpful. several people went out of their way to find answers to our questions.
one family member needs gluten free diet. the food manager went out of his way to check what options there were.
thank you for a surprisingly nice visit.

1 Thank susan g
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your favorable review on Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with my staff. The team here at the Embassy Columbus, Ohio thanks you for your loyalty and commitment to our hotel and to the Hilton Brand. Thanks again and have a great day!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We love the suite rooms since there are 6 of us, but for everyone else, the pool, the breakfast and the manager's reception were awesome. We have gone on one night family getaways at other hotels, and sometimes have to get two rooms. This hotel was a great value and you should try it if you have a large family.

1 Thank FamilyDad614
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel one night while in the area to visit a local college for my daughter. The staff was friendly. The two room suite was clean and roomy. Pancakes, eggs, french toast, bacon, juice, fruit and other items were all included in the complementary breakfast. The pool looked nice but my daughter, her friend and I decided to not use it due to the amount of kids in the pool. This hotel is not good at keeping outside noise from being heard in the room It was quite noisey until about 1:00 am. Nice hotel, but our stay would have been more pleasant if not so crowded.

1 Thank MMM621
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your favorable review on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide exceptional service to our guests and I am happy to hear that we did just that during your stay. I hope that you will stay with us again if you have the opportunity in the future. Thank you again for your kind words. Have a great day!
Northeast Ohio
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stay at the Corporate Exchange Embassy Suites at least twice per year, with the most recent being in October.

Each and every time, I am impressed with the courtesy of the front desk staff. They have always been willing to go above and beyond when it comes to meeting any needs I may have.

I am always pleased with the cleanliness and welcoming atmosphere of the facility. The rooms are spacious, and very clean.

I am looking forward to the next trip that will bring me to the Embassy Suites.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rebecca M
Thank you for your favorable review on Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with my staff. The team here at the Embassy Columbus, Ohio thank you for your loyalty and commitment to our hotel and to the Hilton Brand. Thanks again and have a great day!