WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #87 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Delaware, Ohio, United States
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel is so great! Staff is super friendly. The pool was nicely heated! The rooms and lobby were gorgeous! Breakfast was very good! If you don't stay here, you will miss out! I have been to many hotels and this one is my favorite.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband travels often, is an IT guy, and crosses every t and dots every i. He was in this hotel last week for business and realized about 11:00 AM he left personal belongings in the room. It was his wallet with a sizable amount of cash, credit cards, all his personal information that is in a wallet, and his Penn State ring with a 1.75 carat diamond given to him as a gift from his parents. He left them on the table by the TV! He sent me a text and my normally very calm husband was in a panic. He had meetings all day and really only infomed me because he needed to vent. We were certain the items would be gone and it would be his word against the word of anyone that had been in the room. He recognized it was his fault 100% and was beating himself up. After he borrowed money to eat lunch, and his meetings were over, he got to his room as quickly as possible. As soon as he opened the door to his room he could see his ring on top of his wallet and had not been moved. Everything in his wallet was as he left it. You hope in a situation like this everyone enterng the room would be honest as you would be, but the temptation would have been great. In this case, we can say first hand, the hotel hires at least one very honest individual!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank pitt_twins
Bucyrus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I used to stay at this hotel once a year. My kids loved it for the pool (which is just a great as I remember), but I hadn't been back since they've grown. I traveled to Columbus during the Christmas Season to visit family. I was greated by the smiles of the friendly Front Desk staff of Emily and Lori at checkin, which made for a great start to my trip. The staff was knowledgable of the Columbus Area and helped me find the church I was trying to get to downtown. My checkin was smooth and easy and checkout was quick and painless. My bill was accurate, and I was treated so nicely at the Front Desk by Paul. I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for just 1 night on our way to D.C. The staff was extremely friendly, even as we checked in after midnight. The lobby was beautifully decorated for the holidays. Our room was very clean and modern. We have stayed in several other Embassy Suites, and this one has the nicest rooms so far. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed December 2012
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here because of close proximity to family we were visiting. The staff was incredible from the time our reservation was taken to the time Bill, the self-described "third-shifter" made sure we had coffee before checking out at 4am to head home. Every single person made us feel welcomed and did everything they could to ensure our comfort. For them alone we will always stay at this hotel while visiting Columbus.
Only thing keeping this from a higher rating is the building layout itself. A youth hockey tournament was staying and because all rooms face the atrium, there were a lot of people congregating in that area, at the pool and outside of rooms until very late evening. If a guest wants peace and quiet, the noise (because of the gap under the outside room door) would make that hard. The kids were well-behaved, but the layout of the building just makes sounds reverberate through the building. Additionally, the shower never really got hot and water pressure was really low.
These were minor inconveniences compared to the overall stay, and we will be back!!!!

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the corners of the building on a high floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Northwest Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at this Embassy for a business meeting in Columbus. I was warmly greeted by the gentlemen at the front desk at check-in and was offered a bottle of water. The rooms are clean spacious suites, with comfy beds. The bathrooms are quite small though compared to the overall size of the room. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful with a short order cook to make omelettes. I will be staying here again next time I am in Columbus!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TEDnSARAH
Canton, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I always research hotels online for reviews before we go to them and with that being said this Embassy got pretty avg. remarks with a very high rating for breakfast, it's included in your stay, score!! This is a full breakfast with made to order items and it was very, very good! There was a tip jar on the made to order counter, didn't get that and didn't tip because although we loved it and they did an awesome job I didn't see the reasoning behind it, they get paid right? So I say don't feel the least bit obligated, I didn't and I am very compassionate! I think the management should forbid it, that's just my opinion! Everyone expects money now but if every time you turn around you have to tip everyone you wouldn't have enough for a get away! Maybe we should ask for tips for just going to their hotel...sorry, but it is kinda outta hand!! Back to the hotel review, This hotel is an older hotel and it does show signs of it, there needs to be more money put back into updating and refreshing the carpet and furniture, we had lots of ware and tear, they really need to take care of that but, I knew this going in because of the reviews so my expectations were not that high! The place was pretty clean and no bed bugs, I always check the mattress and sheets...none! Relief! That is my biggest worry, you do not want to come home with those!! I also always wipe down or put the remote in a baggie to use because they are supposedly 1 of the dirtiest things in a hotel room! Now we are from Michigan and smoking is not permitted in public places but here in Ohio we were told that it is up to the management of the hotels as to weather they permit it or not, I didn't know that so when we walked it it smelled like a group of people were sitting there smoking away...it was overwhelming and i was disappointed and we found out that management here allows smoking...I made a point to remember this and we proceeded up to our room and the further that we got away from the lobby it stopped smelling like smoke and it smelled nothing like smoke by or in our room, yay! We put our luggage in our room and went back out to get some dinner and when we came back in it didn't smell like smoke at all, then i noticed the restaurant/bar that is located to your right as you walk into the lobby, their doors were closed and they were open before so I figured that is probably where the smell of smoke came from. We did not smell smoke the next day either, (we only stayed 1 night). Every one was so nice at this hotel...kudos to the staff and to the management for hiring nice, friendly people! The reason I gave this hotel an average rating is because it is a tired looking hotel and needs updating but other than that it was a good overall experience. When you see the name Embassy Hotel there are certain expectations and this Embassy falls short, sorry but there is something they can do about it, update and replace, re-invest their money back into the property! We will look at other hotels next time, even though the breakfast and staff were amazing!
A good side note-If you do go to Columbus head on over to that Easton Mall but, have on your walking shoes, it is huge and a must see!! I could not believe how big it was and it was all decorated for Christmas! Wow!
Happy Travels!!