“Great place to stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #87 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
“Great place to stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were great! Good food in the lounge. They had a soccer tournament with groups staying here so it was a little loud, once in the bedroom you couldn't hear anything. Hotel staff was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

If you like noise and loud parties after midnight, you'll love this hotel. If you like not having towels, toilet paper, kleenex, or your room not serviced when you return to your room at 11:30 pm after your event, you'll love this hotel. If you like being treated rudely, unvalued as a customer and overall brouhaha you'll love this hotel. I however will never stay at it again.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else, the free breakfast does not make up for the aggravation
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jrsygrl311
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your invaluable feedback. My goal as General Manager is to ensure that every guest has the best possible stay with us and I was very disappointed to hear that your stay was less than desirable. I wanted to let you know that this is not our typical service at the Embassy Suites Columbus, Ohio, as you can tell from our rating and the multiple testimonials of our previous guest. I will continue to work with my staff to ensure that any occurrence such as this does not happen in the future. I hope that you will utilize our facility if you are ever in the area again and give us another chance to earn your loyalty.Thank you again for your input.
Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a conference recently and I was so impressed. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were huge and comfortable. I was really impressed with the continental breakfast and there was plenty of room for everyone to sit. The atrium was such a nice place to sit and hangout. My daughter really loved the pool.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your favorable response on our Trip Advisor survey. We strive to provide exceptional service to our guests and I am happy to hear that we did just that during your stay. I hope that you will stay with us again if you have the opportunity. Thank you again for your kind words. Have a great day!
Dayton, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Are all Embassy's the same? Absolutely not! This one is a cut above the rest. Why? Staff -- all my encounters were pleasant. From Robert who shuttled me from airport the 1st day (he's a very special individual -- good guy!) to the checkin at the front desk, to the perky bartender at the Mgr's reception (love her "tower o' one's"... how fun for both her and us!). Heck, even the busser who cleared tables at breakfast was cheerful and pleasant. And a huge shout out to the folks who worked front desk in the evening! I had forgotten to pack my BB charger -- she cheerfully lent me her personal charger to use -- WOW! That's trust and service. It's the little things in life. Rooms: Beds comfy. Place is quiet (visited during the week). Rooms nice and clean -- they have good housekeepers. Next time I'm in the Columbus area, I will book again. Keep it up!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Huntington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Booked a room for our annual girls shopping trip - we will be staying here for any future trips for sure! Awesome service, friendly staff and a clean, spacious room. The managers reception was a pleasant surprise, the cost of their large pizza was great, and if you leave breakfast hungry that is your own fault! We saw staff everywhere being helpful. Yes, the atrium does carry noise to your room (we were on the 7th floor), but still a great stay. Huge TVs in the room, modern decor and the fridge and microwave were great to have!. I had booked a room with two queen beds, but ended up with a king, but the pullout sofa was comfortable for the night and worked out just as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Whichever Embassy Suites I stay at they are all basically the same. Thats not a problem as you now exactly what you are getting when you book in. I love the two room layout with a full living room and desk for working as well as fridge and sink. The bedroom is always well decorated and bed comfortable. Bathroom is, well its a bathroom and is always clean and tidy. The whole room experience in this particular ES is excellent, as I have come to expect. I love the atrium effect in ES hotels, and this one is right up there. The staff are always friendly and polite, greet you in the lobby and continue their friendliness through the HH and on to the bar, where I typically eat (for this particular ES, as there is nothing to walk to) The one thing about the hotel is the slow speed of the elevators, however its a very minor gripe, and so long as they work its all good. The area driving in to this hotel is not the best, but once you are in the parking lot you are fine, and the hotel is as good as the many other ES hotels I have stayed at over the years - apart from having to drive out to dinner, if you choose not to eat in the bar at the hotel, this is recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
ESManagement, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. We do have a fabulous menu here at our Atrium Grille restaurant, but we do also offer complimentary shuttle service within 5 miles of the hotel and there are tons of great restaurants within the shuttles range, and it operates 24 hours per day. Thanks again!
dayton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've never been treated so poorly at a hotel. The manager kept threatening us that we were going to get evicted for drinking, loud kids, etc. The problem was we weren't drinking and they weren't our kids. It was very odd. She actually had the police going door-to-door at midnight accusing people of the above. They need to get the facts before viciously attacking their customers. It's also a very loud hotel due to the open atrium. Various parties were going on there (wedding and birthday) that made it hard to sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank j s
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I apologize that your most recent visit to the Embassy Suites Columbus, Ohio did not meet your expectations. I understand that your perception of the events that occurred is different than that of the hotel staff and I am sorry for that. The Embassy Suites Columbus takes the safety and security of all of our guests very seriously. The hotel staff are very well versed on all procedures in regards to safety and security standards at our hotel. All of our employees are committed to providing exceptional guest service that not only meets our guest expectation but exceeds them. Thanks again for your insight.