“Wonderful Stay at the Embassy Suites!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #50 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
New York
“Wonderful Stay at the Embassy Suites!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The hard-working staff at this hotel really aims to please and it shows. They are on the level of any 5 star hotel including several Ritz Carlton's I have stayed at. In addition, the lobby and rooms are stylishly appointed, roomy and very clean. All the amenities you could want are here..granite bathroom, flat-screen tvs etc. The free made-to-order hot breakfast and manager's early evening drink/light snacks reception was a great bonus. The hotel also provided a free shuttle for the airport and local area. The only negative is the elevators are pretty slow. Also, if you are sensitive to noise request a room on the parking lot side as opposed to the highway. In conclusion - for anyone in the area - I highly recommend this fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking-lot side are quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank donnamay
ESManagement, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and all of the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I recently stayed at this Embassy Suites after not having been here in a long time. It has been renovated recently so everything in my room was in good working order. I had 0 maintenance issues which is big. I slept like a log so bed was perfect. Breakfast was very good and the ladies cooking were very efficient. I did not attend the manager's reception, but they did have one. The people at the front desk were very friendly. Check in was quick and efficient. My company has good corporate here, but I would stay here regardless.

Room Tip: Book it. It was worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Wayne, Maine
Reviewed August 9, 2012

On July 29, I checked into this hotel. I was traveling to Ohio for work. I was staying until Friday August 3. On July 30 when going to my room after work I put my key in the door and it did not work. I put it in again and it did not work but the door immediately opened from the inside. A man was in my room. He said that he just checked in and he was given this room. I went to the lobby and explained what happened. I was told it was a "computer glitch". He apologized and re-activated my key and put me back in the same room. (Now a stranger knows my room number) As an apology I was offered milk and cookies delivered to my room or a cheese and fruit plate. (Seriously - no offer to change rooms - and a snack as an apology) The next day a co-worker who was staying at the same hotel and who stays there every time she travels to Ohio for work called and spoke with a manager by the name Gant I believe. He told her he would save a room for me to change rooms that evening after work and that he would see what he could for service recovery. When I went to the front desk they told me there was no room saved for me but they did put me in another room. My co-worker and I never heard back from Mr. Gant with a better service recovery option than milk and cookies. My co-worker travels to Ohio for work several times a year and she always stays at this hotel. She is very seriously considering changing hotels. Putting another guest in a guests room is a major security issue. I was quite freaked out when the door opened and man was inside my room. I do not know how long he was in there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Angie050963
Sarah V, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Angie,

I appreciate your feedback and am so sorry we are in the middle of phone tag. I look forward to speaking with you today and reaching a resolution for your concerns.

Sarah Voloschuk
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had to stay at Embassy Suites unexpectedly one night and was very glad I did. It is a very nice place and the rooms are very large. They have a separate sitting room with a desk and TV and then a bedroom with another TV. The staff was great too. The person that I spoke with when I called to see if they had a room available was very friendly as well as the front desk staff when I arrived. I ordered dinner from my room and the food from their on site restaurant was delivered fast and was very good. I had to leave early in the morning, so I missed breakfast. I would recommend staying at this hotel when you are in Columbus.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Candi0713
Sylacauga, Alabama
Reviewed August 6, 2012

It's been a few years since I was here, but it's still a very good place to stay for a business person. although it has some age,(like me) it still is in great shape, (unlike me). very nice staff, excellent managers reception, and the usual good job on breakfast. I'll be back my next trip to Columbus.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Had to call 5 times for a pack n play, and this hotel is disgusting! The pool was nasty and there were young rowdy kids that kept jumping on my 2 year old and 7 month old. The bathroom door wouldn't shut and the shower would not turn off. Also, the area is not nice. There is a strip club and tons of bars. Not a good area for families. The only reason we stayed here was because the Holiday Inn Express didn't have our room because someone puked in it the night before.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sarah V, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including areas for improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of maintaining control at our pool; I certainly hope that your children were not injured. I would also like to apologize for the lack of service you received while dealing with our staff members. We have addressed both our front desk and our housekeeping staff in attempts to correct the issues you faced permanently. I hope that you will be our guest again the next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, as we would love to provide a great hotel stay for you and your family.

Sarah Voloschuk
Front Office Manager
Cincinnati
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel is one of my favorites for a one night or extended stay. The rooms are very large with a sitting area (with TV) separated from the bedroom with a door that can be closed to let late sleepers sleep in peace. The hotel has a great indoor and outdoor pool connected with an small opening, and has ample room to relax around the pool. The have a happy hour that includes alcholic refreshments and snacks. The cook to order breakfast is outstanding and includes all kinds of extras. The area to eat in is the atrium, with more than enough room to sit and enjoy your breakfast. The hotel staff is very attentive and seems to always be there if you need help.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends