New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Temporarily closed

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Temporarily closed
Ranked #91 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Minnetonka, MN
“Great welcome reception, ok dinner, ok breakfast, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The front desk was nice when I arrived and the room was clean. I went down to the welcome reception and the bartender was very nice and the appetizer selection was great. Dinner at the restaurant was just ok, nothing spectacular. The bed was comfortable, the a/c struggled a it to keep up with the 100+ degree heat, but that is understandable. In the morning, breakfast was just ok. The eggs were cold, the fruit not the best, but the service was fine. The location is good for my business needs on the northeast side of town. Probably would choose a different hotel to stay at next time.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Commerce Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Excellent breakfast. Nice clean spacious rooms. Layout is cool to be able to look out the balcony and see the atrium. And to be able to have breakfast or just have a get together in the atrium. Loved it there. Would definitely go back and well worth the $$

• Stayed August 2011
Hurricane, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Our go to hotel and location for staying in Columbus for 2 day trips. Love the managers reception after a day of shopping. Shuttle in the evenings to Easton Town Center and surrounding restaurants. Hotel staff great!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank HurricaneGal_11
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I spent one-night in this hotel on a business trip to Columbus. My bedroom was close to the hi-way side and the traffic noise was somewhat annoying at night. If I was not in my bedroom, I can hear the noise from the atrium downstairs during happy hours and early breakfast. The wall was also fairly thin and I could hear other guest's noise seeping through the wall. So as far as sleep quality is concerned, it is really marginal. Carpet in my room is old. The breakfast is ok, nothing outstanding. There is a strip club a few blocks away from the hotel, so I am not sure about the neighborhood as well. I most likely will stay away from this hotel next time.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank WheelingTraveler
Sarah V, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Temporarily closed, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
My name is Sarah Voloschuk and I am the Front Office Manager at the Embassy Suites Columbus. I am so sorry to hear about the experience you had at our hotel. We most certainly do our best to make sure each and every guest has a quiet night of sleep and I'm sorry for the inconveniences. I have made our security staff aware of your comments and will continue to work with them to ensure quiet hours in the hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback and we hope you will give us a second chance the next time you are in Columbus for business or leisure. Please let me know if I may be of any assistance with a reservation in the future!

Sarah Voloschuk
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We transferred to this hotel after staying one night at an inferior property. It was pleasant from the moment we walked in. We lost power one night during the storms, and the staff was very accomodating.

The rooms are large and comfortable. Parking was easy and the access to the freeway was close by.

The staff was friendly. Breakfast is included, but you can't go too close to 9:30 when it ends because the line gets very long.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Humble, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Overall a very good hotel for business travelers. I've stayed in other hotels in the area and prefer either this hotel or the Hilton Garden Inn nearby. The hotel can be a challenge to access because it's nestled back in the SE corner of I-270 and Cleveland Ave. That said, the relative seclusion is nice and quiet. I arrived late and had the baked fish in the Atrium Grille that's open until 11pm most nights. Very good quality meal considering the time of night. The hotel rooms are well appointed with comfortable beds and reliable internet access. I'd definitely return.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was a two-night stay during our normally one-night stay vacation, so we really appreciated the comfort of the room and hotel. Initially, we were given a room that wasn't ready. The door was open and a floor fan/freshener was running. The room also smelled of too-strong air freshener. We were quickly given a new room on request, but I had to go down to the desk to get one as no one was answering the phone when we called from our room. The new room was spacious, clean and comfortable. My only complaint with the beds was that the sheets felt starched. Definitely not our preference. The evening manager's reception is a nice touch, with light snacks and drinks. We enjoyed playing pool (badly) in the atrium. The swimming pool was usually pretty crowded and noisy. It's not large, so it's probably just a little small for a hotel that appeals to families so much. Breakfast was plentiful and fairly good for buffet and free. Some reviews mention noise from the atrium. We only noticed that when we were in the living room area of our room. The bed area was very quiet for us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family