“Comfortable”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #32 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We transferred to this hotel after staying one night at an inferior property. It was pleasant from the moment we walked in. We lost power one night during the storms, and the staff was very accomodating.

The rooms are large and comfortable. Parking was easy and the access to the freeway was close by.

The staff was friendly. Breakfast is included, but you can't go too close to 9:30 when it ends because the line gets very long.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Overall a very good hotel for business travelers. I've stayed in other hotels in the area and prefer either this hotel or the Hilton Garden Inn nearby. The hotel can be a challenge to access because it's nestled back in the SE corner of I-270 and Cleveland Ave. That said, the relative seclusion is nice and quiet. I arrived late and had the baked fish in the Atrium Grille that's open until 11pm most nights. Very good quality meal considering the time of night. The hotel rooms are well appointed with comfortable beds and reliable internet access. I'd definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was a two-night stay during our normally one-night stay vacation, so we really appreciated the comfort of the room and hotel. Initially, we were given a room that wasn't ready. The door was open and a floor fan/freshener was running. The room also smelled of too-strong air freshener. We were quickly given a new room on request, but I had to go down to the desk to get one as no one was answering the phone when we called from our room. The new room was spacious, clean and comfortable. My only complaint with the beds was that the sheets felt starched. Definitely not our preference. The evening manager's reception is a nice touch, with light snacks and drinks. We enjoyed playing pool (badly) in the atrium. The swimming pool was usually pretty crowded and noisy. It's not large, so it's probably just a little small for a hotel that appeals to families so much. Breakfast was plentiful and fairly good for buffet and free. Some reviews mention noise from the atrium. We only noticed that when we were in the living room area of our room. The bed area was very quiet for us.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was my first stay at an Embassy Suites property and wow what a first impression. Reception staff were helpful, friendly and efficient from check in to advice on location, posting things home and using the safety deposit box. Suites were a good size and the condition was excellent in terms of maintenance and cleanliness. As a lone female traveller I really appreciated the spacious and well lit parking. Breakfast was included, the selection was very good and there were ample quantities of everything. Positive - the made to order omelettes were lovely; Negative - the area used for breakfast was very chilly but I wised up the second day and wore a jumper down and ate in stages so it didn't get cold. Cost of room service was comparable with similar places and the quality was very nice. I also appreciated the idea of a Manager's cocktail hour although didn't go to this myself but hearing people in the elevator talking it was good. I booked my trip with the primary reason of seeing the zoos in Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati and the location of the Embassy Suites made it easy to get on to the main routes. I loved it so much I have booked to go back in August.

Room Tip: If like me you are terrified of heights then try to get a lower level room or one near the elevators...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This place was perfect in every way during our trip. Every single staff member was friendly and helpful. The free shuttle service and managers reception was very appreciated! The kids looooved the pool. We loved the room. Everything was spotless. We really enjoyed breakfast as well. We will definitely stay here often. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Hotel seemed new, very clean, nice room size. Excellent free breakfast including made to order omelettes, close to the Columbus Zoo. Well worth staying at.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My son and I left NJ after work to get a head start on a long drive westward. We began using Tripadvisor near Pittsburgh, Pa around midnight. Every hotel was fully booked until nearly 4:00a.m. when we arrived at the Columbus Embassy Suites. Needless to say we were tired and just needed a room with some comfortable beds.

Thankfully, there was a room available and not only did we get a suite for the rest of the night but we got to meet the overnight desk clerk, Flo! She is an asset to your hotel. She not only got us to a room but she brightened our arrival. She also suggested that even though it was late, we should try to get up early enough to have the complementary breakfast.

Our room was very nicely equipped and most importantly, it was clean.

I got up in time to have the breakfast recommended by Flo. And I was very glad it did. Instead of the usual freebie breakfast of most hotels, I was able to have a cooked to order omelet and plenty of great coffee to get my day of driving started.

We had such a positive experience that when we found ourselves within easy reach and only a slight detour on th return trip, we stayed again at the Columbus Embassy Suites. Since it was late due to our detour to Columbus, we were once again treated to the welcoming charm of Flo. AND get this! When I entered the lobby she smiled said hi and when I said do you remember me, she said yes, Mr. Wright.

Our stay was once again outstanding. As a business owner I know the value of great customer service. Flo is awesome and an asset to your hotel. I also want to mention how friendly everyone at the front desk during check out and the ladies making my made to order breakfast were.

Well done, we'll be staying again any time we find ourselves within reach of the Columbus Embassy Suites. And no, I don't work for them or know any of the people to do work there. I just found my stay that good.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family