“Great place to stay”

Ranked #56 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Elyria, Ohio
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Clean large rooms.Happy hour -Free. Very nice breakfast -FREE. I dont know how they do it. Staff friendly. Great location for us. Wifi slow. But other than that it was just great. A very good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Stayed at this property for 2 nights while in the Columbus area. Hotel is nice and was a great location for easy access to freeways. My suite was very nice, clean and quiet. My only complaint is in regards to the Business Center. One evening I used the center to check-in for a flight and wanted to print my boarding passes. There are two computers, but only 1 hooked up to a printer. That printer was out of ink, so I waited until the gentleman wrapped up with the current customer and then asked if someone could change it. He said he would have a colleague take care of that. I went back to the Business Center to wait only to find out that the computer had timed out (while I waited to be helped at the front desk) and I had to check-in for my flight a second time. I waited for 15 minutes and nobody came in. I finally gave up and decided I would try again in a few hours. I came back after being gone for 2 hours and the ink had not been replaced. When asked at the front desk, the same gentleman said that they couldn't find ink, but the other printer was up & running. So, I tried checking in a third time on the second computer, but that printer was not hooked up properly. I was so frustrated by that point, I gave up and decided I would print my boarding passes at the airport the next day. I hope my three attempts at printing the boarding passes didn't end up on another printer at the hotel. At the airport the next day, I had to check in for a 4th time - I was worried that would put up a red flag, but it did not.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank orduck01
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Have stayed here a couple of times. Good hotel. Nice rooms with a large sitting room and a large bedroom, well equipped with fridge and microwave, good breakfast spread, free drinks in the evening. Undergoing renovation - part of the lobby was cordoned off and carpeting was being changed when i was there. Good shuttle service to nearby offices and malls. Prompt check in and out.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Newark, Ohio
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Staff was very friendly and helpful with a few minor problems in room. First was a problem with one of the TV remotes and we thought it was batteries. Maintenance replaced the batteries in no time and apparently failed to check the operation of it. Still didn't work but there were 2 TV and the other remote did work. Found out next day that the LED inside remote was missing. Minor problem. Next was that one window would not close and it was a little cold in room. They did send someone right away and it was totally repaired. My wife an I went to use the indoor pool around 9:30PM ( was open to Midnight) only to find pool closed due to someone getting sick in pool. OK things happen like that. All in all the room was nice, clean and comfortable. The made to order breakfast was good but a tad bit cold. Did have a major problem with customer service from TRAVELOCITY and would not recommend using that site. I have used them for years and would not recommend them ever again. Don't believe their commercials about price guarantee. Use one of the other sites to book this hotel or any other trips and services. The Hotel was not to blame for the problem with the travel site. Would recommend this Hotel highly.

Room Tip: "Don't use Travelocity."
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dcnew99
FOM2700, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear dcnew99,

Thank you very much for your response in regards to your recent stay with us. I am very sorry you had a few minor maintenance issues with your room. I am glad we were able to get those items repaired for you. We appreciate you letting us know your concerns and we will certainly follow up as needed. We hope to see you back very soon!
Fort Pierce
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in February 2012. Hotel staff was especially friendly. Room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Loved the complimentary happy hour and complimentary breakfast was nice too. Had an early flight to catch, so I missed breakfast...starts at 6:30am.
Would recommend this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: try to get rooms on opposite side of highway...had a little bit of highway noise in room 808
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
FOM2700, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Dear l1961,

Thank you very much for the kind review of our hotel! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and the hotel facilites! We really hope to see you back very soon! Also please check with the hotel as well as we are always having special events for our guests weekly-Such as our Chef making a featured entree, or fun family items!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed at this Embassy Suites with my son in late January 2012. The hotel itself is decent with the minor exceptions of the ongoing construction to help renovate the lobby areas.

Our room was nice and clean - albeit alittle on the cramped side. We discovered when we first checked in that the bathroom countertop was completely wet . After wiping it down, I noticed it was completely wet and now pouring onto the floor only 30 minutes later. I called the frontdesk and they agreed to move us with no hassles. They even offered free food from the restaurant if we so desired - but we declined since it was 10:30 at night. The rest of the stay went off without a hitch.

The breakfast next morning was actually really good - made-to-order omelets and a decent buffet - all included in the price - which is typical for Embassy Suites.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear prouddaddy75,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! I am very sorry you had the issues with the faucet. I hope we were able to take care of you and assist in making the rest of your stay enjoyable! We are almost finished with our renovations, so please come back for a visit! We would certainly love to have you and your son back soon!
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed at this property for two nights. The property is currently under heavy renovation, to include guest floors as well as public areas. Therefore, it's in a bit of disarray at the moment. I don't know the timeline of completion but I would definitely recommend that you inquire if you don't want to deal with it (I didn't know prior to arrival).
To the property itself...there are adequate amenities to make it a desirable location to stay while in the area. There was a restaurant/bar, to include room service, free hot breakfast and manager's reception, a pool and a fitness room. They also have a free shuttle to/from the airport which is helpful since it's located about 11 miles away. Also, if you schedule it ahead of time, the shuttle will also take you to nearby locations (to include your group, if applicable), such as nearby restaurants (we went to Bravo for a business dinner) and a shopping mall.
The property is very convenient to the highway, good restaurants and lots of corporate facilities.

Room Tip: I recommend a room at the end of the hallway (regardless of your floor) b/c they're not open dir...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank EddieInIndy
Dear EddieInIndy,

Thank you very much for your review! I am very glad you enjoyed the shuttle service and all the great perks that come with our hotel for our valued guests. We are almost complete with our updates at the hotel, and we are looking forward to our guests enjoying the facility! We certainly hope to have you back soon, so you can see the new look of the hotel, we would love to have you here!