“Pleasantly Surprised”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #32 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My husband & I have lived in the Columbus area for several years and really didn't notice this hotel! We booked a room because friends also attending the same office party were staying here. I didn't do any research, the price was good so I just booked online. We were really pleased when we saw the room! The bed was comfortable and there were a lot of nice features to mention including the flat screens, fridge and large sitting area. Everything in the hotel was very well-maintained. The breakfast looked and smelled really good but we didn't have time to eat. After speaking to family & friends we hear that they have had similar experiences with other Embassy Suites. If we get the opportunity while traveling we will stay at another!

Room Tip: The earlier the better for the breakfast buffet!! The line gets long fast.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Erin P
FOM2700, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear Erin P,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and writing a wonderful review! We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us on your first visit! We hope to see you back many more times to come!

~The Embassy Suites Staff

Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Stayed here overnight for 1 night as part of a conference. To tell you my bias, I actually drove from the hotel the conference was held at to stay at an Embassy Suites as they do a good job.

The room was big with a nice couch, chair, table, flatscreen, sink, fridge, microwave, etc in one room and in the back the bedroom with a king bed. Nice furnature that was comfortable and the bed was great to sleep on. Flat screen TV's with a decent selection of channels.

Only quirky thing was the bathroom seemed a little small. I'd hate to be traveling with my family and all have to have two people in there at a time . . . but it was fine for me.

They do a great job with their breakfast and didn't get a chance to try the evening reception. Staff was friendly and helpful. Free internet now . . . what more could you ask for?

It's a little off the beaten trail so you're probably not going to walk to catch something to eat other than at the hotel itself however there was plenty of establishments within a quick drive (1/2- 1 mile).

I would certainly stay here again if I needed a room in the Northern part of Columbus.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank gobluechris
Reviewed November 3, 2011

The only bad thing I can say was the bathroom was too small. This place was great. Good free breakfast...made to order omelets, hot oatmeal, etc. Free unlimited cocktails from 5-7! Great courtyard, nice size room. And best of all it was inexpensive!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I went to Colubus for a wedding. We chose Embassy Suites Hotel based on past experience and that it was close to shopping and the wedding venue. The suite was well laid out and the kingsize bed was comfortable. The happy hour cocktail time was terriffic and the breakfasts were superb with made to order omlettes and a nice breakfast buffet.

The staff was friendly, the pool and excercise rooms were nice. All in all, a fine place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2011

The hotel is located off I-270, and you can see it, but there you have to go into the office park to find it. There is not a lot located around this hotel. It's adjacent to office buildings. If you are looking for a hotel that is downtown and in walking distance to restaurants, stores, and clubs this is not the place. You really need
a vehicle.

The rooms are large with a living room with a pull out couch and a door separating the rooms, a large bathroom and a bedroom with a small balcony.
Both rooms have televisions. The living room has a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker.

The health club is large and well equipped. The outdoor pool and hot tub is adjacent and nice.

I had several meals at the hotel and they were all good. There is a good breakfast buffet in the morning with everything you could want. There also is an evening manager’s cocktail party with munchies.

This hotel is good. I enjoyed it this time and will return again.

What I liked:
Everything

What I didn’t like:
Nothing

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank intheairagain
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for business travel and our meetings were held on site at the hotel too. The rooms were exceptionally clean, my roommate found the workout facilities top notch for her workout needs, including the pool. The food served for breakfast and lunch was very fresh and tasty. The free breakfast included omlets prepared right there, along with pancakes and waffles. The night we arrived, we ate in the Atrium Grille, service was courteous and prompt!

Room Tip: Doesn't matter where your room is located in this property, if thers lots of people in the atriu...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed here for two nights with our teenage daughters. The room was clean and modern - two large flat-screen TVs. Every single staff member we encountered was polite and gracious to a fault.

• Stayed: October 2011
FOM2700, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2011

Dear FES,

Thank you very much for the kind review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great experience with our staff members! I know we certainly enjoyed having you and your family here and we hope to see you back very soon!