“Comfortable stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #41 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at the Embassy Suites for 2 nights in late July '11 for a business trip. The location was convenient and I found the accomodations to be clean and comfortable. The rooms were very spacious the room had a living area with sitting, desk & flat screen TV, a small hallway with kitchenette (microwave, fridge) bathroom that lead into the bedroom with another flat screen, closet, and a comfy king sized bed. The only downside was that my room was on the highway side. The traffic seemed to pick up around 4am each morning which undoubtedly woke me up. If you stay I'd ask for a room on the other side of the hotel. There was a large atrium with 4 glass elevators, complimentary breakfast each morning with made to order omelets, bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurts, eggs, danishes, juice, coffee, etc... There was also a complimentary managers reception that provided wine, beer, mixed drinks and snacks. We saw but did not take advantage of the fitness center, pool, restaurant/bar. I would definately recommend this hotel for a family visit or business trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank drgnfly30
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus

Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stopped here on our way home at 11:30 p.m. and the entrance was loaded with people outside. Room was &179.00 and we got little sleep because of people running down halls playing around at 1 a.m. We kept thinking they would go to bed and this went on for hours. Then the A/C took hours to cool down the room. The "cooked to order breakfast" took 30 minutes to get an omlet. The hotel is beautiful and the beds are very comfortable. But we were shocked at how the hotel allowed people to run up the halls. We would have had a better stay at the Hampton Inn and it would have been a lot cheaper. I called management 2 days later because I was upset we spent so much money to be unrested and frustrated with a hot room and long wait for breakfast. They are sending a certificate to try them again. Now when will I be passing through again to use it? Not!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jszap
FOM2700, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2011

Dear jszap,

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your thoughts and we certainly do hope you take us up on our offer to come back and visit us here in Columbus as we highly value you and your family here at our hotel.

Though the hotel was very busy with events the weekend you stayed, it was certainly not the norm that we have issues with noise very late as we do try to establish a quiet time. We also want everyone to be able to enjoy themselves but get a good night's rest. Please feel free to contact me anytime if I can be of assistance anytime. We look forward to having you back and making your next stay a great one!

The Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Double queen bed suite with coffee maker, refrigerator,microwave and free Wi Fi.
Cook to order breakfast and evening free bar

Room was clean but smelled of cigarette smoke. I had requested a non smoking room but as the hotel was booked my reservation said smoking. Since I was aware I brought Lysol odor spray. When we checked in I was told there was a non smoking room avaiable. The door stated non smoking but the room smelled of smoke for 2 days. Betty offered to have the room sprayed but I believe it was in the curtains and carpets. I just did not want the hotel to think it was me smoking in the room.
Robert drove us to Bonefish Saturday night and Ruth Chris Sunday night . He was a gem!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear HurricaneGal_11,

Thank you very much for submitting your stay here as we greatly appreciate it! I am very happy to hear that we were able to change your room type to a non smoking suite during your stay with us and that our hotel staff took care of you while you were here! We are always here to help in any department, so please do not hesitate to let us know. I will also share your comments about the room with our housekeeping staff so that they may follow up as well. Please feel free to contact myself (The Front Office Manager), if I can be of assistance as well before you come back. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2011

A perfect location for business travellers. A very comfy hotel with facilities that are not too less and not too many. Good restaurant and decent breakfast menu. Nice rooms that are equipped with whatever a business traveller might need.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
FOM2700, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Dear HarshShah88,

Thank you very much for the kind review of our hotel in regards to your business travels! It was certainly a pleasure having you here and we were happy that we could meet all your needs from breakfast to the spacious suites. We hope to see you back in your many travels!

The Embassy Suites Team

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Room was big clean and comfortable with a separate sitting area. 2 flat screen TV's in each room. Great set-up with hallways open to the large 8 storey atrium. Loved the complete hot breakfast in the morning that was included, and also thought the free 'happy hour' at 5:30pm in the atrium was a very nice little extra. Not much to see or do within walking distance of the hotel, but easy access to the highway, and lots of restaurants and shopping within a 5-10 min. drive. Would stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for one night on April 9, 2011. The rate was reasonable (roomsaver.com) $89. The hotel was crowded with soccer teams as well as Buffalo Sabre hockey fans.

It had been about 10 years since I have stayed in this hotel. It is a very beautiful hotel with nicely decorated rooms. In regards to the room, the bed was extremely comfortable and had updated linens and comforters on them. The living room area had a microwave, fridge and wetbar. The flat screen televisions were a nice touch though we didn't spend much time in the room.

The main problem with this hotel (and I have noticed at other Embassy Suites) is that it is on a central heating/cooling system. And the entire hotel was extremely warm. We had our air on in the room set for 65 degrees and it really didn't cool down the room. When we went to breakfast in the morning the atrium area was almost unbearable. Even other guests were commenting on how hot the hotel was. I don't believe they had adjusted the heating system to match the outside temperature thus making the hotel very warm.

I do agree that the Atrium is quite loud. But it is very beautiful and I noticed that the staff was constantly cleaning and making sure that tables were cleaned off and available for guests to be able to enjoy their breakfast in the beautiful scenery. There were plenty of tables for people to chose from unlike some other hotels where you may have to wait to eat if it is busy.

The breakfast has to be the best part of the stay. Though the buffet line was long the cooks were very quick to prepare your made to order omlet, which was delicious.

I would recommend this hotel to a friend because the value but would caution them about how warm the hotel is.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
FOM2700, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2011

Dear friendlyflyer84,
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! I am very pleased to see you enjoyed the breakfast and the hotel, and that the staff was attentive in the public areas to make the guests comfortable. That is one of the things that makes our hotel a great place to stay! I am very sorry to hear that the temperature was a little warm during your stay. I know our Engineering Department works very hard to ensure the building's HVAC is in functioning order. I will share with them your concerns so we can see what we can do to correct the issue. Feel free to let us know anytime if we can assist in any way possible! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2011

My wife and I take several 2-3 day trips with our kids. If there is an Embassy Suites close to where we are going, that is our hotel of choice. The value, ammenities, and staff are always great, and this stay in Columbus was no exception. We stayed March 29, 2011. The hotel is about a 15 minute drive from downtown, so just be aware of that if you need to be in downtown. However, I wouldn't let that hold you back from staying there. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the very friendly front dest staff and checkin was a breeze. The managers reception that evening was as always, a welcome little treat. The lady behind the bar, Vicky was her name, was one of the friendliest people I have ever met. My 7 year old wanted a sprite and Vicky said, "how about a cherry sprite". She fixed her right up with cherry and all. My daughter loved it. The room was very spacious and comfortable and gave us all the amenities we needed. There were a couple "minor" problems with the room which I let the front desk know about on checkout and I'm sure they have been addressed. The pool and hottub area were very nice and clean. There is a little waterfall in the pool which was very cool. My kids swam and really enjoyed it. Finally, of course you have the made to order breakfast. A great selection and a great way to start your day. Embassy Suites will have my business as long as they continue their wonderful way of business. Thanks again for another great stay,

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family