“Will be back”

Ranked #56 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Hurricane, West Virginia
“Will be back”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Double queen bed suite with coffee maker, refrigerator,microwave and free Wi Fi.
Cook to order breakfast and evening free bar

Room was clean but smelled of cigarette smoke. I had requested a non smoking room but as the hotel was booked my reservation said smoking. Since I was aware I brought Lysol odor spray. When we checked in I was told there was a non smoking room avaiable. The door stated non smoking but the room smelled of smoke for 2 days. Betty offered to have the room sprayed but I believe it was in the curtains and carpets. I just did not want the hotel to think it was me smoking in the room.
Robert drove us to Bonefish Saturday night and Ruth Chris Sunday night . He was a gem!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
FOM2700, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Dear HurricaneGal_11,

Thank you very much for submitting your stay here as we greatly appreciate it! I am very happy to hear that we were able to change your room type to a non smoking suite during your stay with us and that our hotel staff took care of you while you were here! We are always here to help in any department, so please do not hesitate to let us know. I will also share your comments about the room with our housekeeping staff so that they may follow up as well. Please feel free to contact myself (The Front Office Manager), if I can be of assistance as well before you come back. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Mumbai
Reviewed June 28, 2011

A perfect location for business travellers. A very comfy hotel with facilities that are not too less and not too many. Good restaurant and decent breakfast menu. Nice rooms that are equipped with whatever a business traveller might need.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
FOM2700, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Dear HarshShah88,

Thank you very much for the kind review of our hotel in regards to your business travels! It was certainly a pleasure having you here and we were happy that we could meet all your needs from breakfast to the spacious suites. We hope to see you back in your many travels!

The Embassy Suites Team
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Room was big clean and comfortable with a separate sitting area. 2 flat screen TV's in each room. Great set-up with hallways open to the large 8 storey atrium. Loved the complete hot breakfast in the morning that was included, and also thought the free 'happy hour' at 5:30pm in the atrium was a very nice little extra. Not much to see or do within walking distance of the hotel, but easy access to the highway, and lots of restaurants and shopping within a 5-10 min. drive. Would stay there again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Central Ohio
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for one night on April 9, 2011. The rate was reasonable (roomsaver.com) $89. The hotel was crowded with soccer teams as well as Buffalo Sabre hockey fans.

It had been about 10 years since I have stayed in this hotel. It is a very beautiful hotel with nicely decorated rooms. In regards to the room, the bed was extremely comfortable and had updated linens and comforters on them. The living room area had a microwave, fridge and wetbar. The flat screen televisions were a nice touch though we didn't spend much time in the room.

The main problem with this hotel (and I have noticed at other Embassy Suites) is that it is on a central heating/cooling system. And the entire hotel was extremely warm. We had our air on in the room set for 65 degrees and it really didn't cool down the room. When we went to breakfast in the morning the atrium area was almost unbearable. Even other guests were commenting on how hot the hotel was. I don't believe they had adjusted the heating system to match the outside temperature thus making the hotel very warm.

I do agree that the Atrium is quite loud. But it is very beautiful and I noticed that the staff was constantly cleaning and making sure that tables were cleaned off and available for guests to be able to enjoy their breakfast in the beautiful scenery. There were plenty of tables for people to chose from unlike some other hotels where you may have to wait to eat if it is busy.

The breakfast has to be the best part of the stay. Though the buffet line was long the cooks were very quick to prepare your made to order omlet, which was delicious.

I would recommend this hotel to a friend because the value but would caution them about how warm the hotel is.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
FOM2700, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Dear friendlyflyer84,
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! I am very pleased to see you enjoyed the breakfast and the hotel, and that the staff was attentive in the public areas to make the guests comfortable. That is one of the things that makes our hotel a great place to stay! I am very sorry to hear that the temperature was a little warm during your stay. I know our Engineering Department works very hard to ensure the building's HVAC is in functioning order. I will share with them your concerns so we can see what we can do to correct the issue. Feel free to let us know anytime if we can assist in any way possible! We hope to see you soon!
Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2011

My wife and I take several 2-3 day trips with our kids. If there is an Embassy Suites close to where we are going, that is our hotel of choice. The value, ammenities, and staff are always great, and this stay in Columbus was no exception. We stayed March 29, 2011. The hotel is about a 15 minute drive from downtown, so just be aware of that if you need to be in downtown. However, I wouldn't let that hold you back from staying there. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the very friendly front dest staff and checkin was a breeze. The managers reception that evening was as always, a welcome little treat. The lady behind the bar, Vicky was her name, was one of the friendliest people I have ever met. My 7 year old wanted a sprite and Vicky said, "how about a cherry sprite". She fixed her right up with cherry and all. My daughter loved it. The room was very spacious and comfortable and gave us all the amenities we needed. There were a couple "minor" problems with the room which I let the front desk know about on checkout and I'm sure they have been addressed. The pool and hottub area were very nice and clean. There is a little waterfall in the pool which was very cool. My kids swam and really enjoyed it. Finally, of course you have the made to order breakfast. A great selection and a great way to start your day. Embassy Suites will have my business as long as they continue their wonderful way of business. Thanks again for another great stay,

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous and the rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast was great and the pool was nice. The problem with this hotel is the staff. There was one staff member that was nice (the shuttle driver), and that was it. Most of the staff was pretty much lifeless; hardly any otlf them acknowledged me unless I spoke directly to them. One staff member in particular was responsible for ruining my stay. Tiffany the front desk clerk was absolutely rude. She talked down to me while I was checking in and treated me like a bother every time I spoke to her. I was pool while she was in there folding pool towels. I asked her for one and she handed it to me with an awful scowl on her face. I did not appreciate her attitude. In addition to this, there were kids tuning around making incredible amounts of noise the second night. This was just a capped on a pretty disappointing stay. Its a shame though. It really is a great property in the physical sense.

• Stayed March 2011
FOM2700, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Dear Cherry_Red_10,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and experience with us in regards to your stay with us. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel, and we are always making improvements to make ourselves better. I would like to offer my personal apologies that we weren't exceptional during your stay with service as we hope to be. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff so we can make things better and hope to see you back again soon....we would really love to see you back!
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Columbus, Ohio with our swim team over the weekend and on Saturday our team wanted to have a pizza party for about 30 of our swimmers and parents. When it was up to me to find a place for the party, I went to the front desk and asked the manager in charge (Shannon) if she could help us out. Even with a wedding party and the Manager's reception going on, she made time to get me a Hospitality Suite and went out of her way to make our party a success. I can't thank her enough.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
FOM2700, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Dear rshet226, thank you very much for the kind review! It was certainly a pleasure having everyone with the swim team at the hotel for the weekend! We hope everyone had a great time, and we hope to see you all back very soon! Please visit us anytime!