“Remodeled and ready for the business traveler at the Worthington Courtyard”

Courtyard Columbus Worthington
Ranked #73 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I spent a week at the Worthington Courtyard earlier this month. They treated me like a travel magazine editor. I was very impressed with the newly opened and recently remodeled rooms on the 4th floor of the hotel. The 3rd floor is under reno right now. This hotel knows how to treat the busy business traveler. I phoned ahead while inbound Sunday afternoon from the highway. I explained my arrival time and a terrific, quiet 4th floor room was waiting when I arrived. They offer a hot breakfast that is quick and delicious from the lobby bar each morning. The morning scramble with potatoes and "turkey" canadian bacon is excellent. Then try the oatmeal with fresh fruit the next morning. They brew Starbucks coffee and you don't want to skip the dark roast if you like your coffee hot and black.

The chicken ceasar salad is a perfect dinner item if you are traveling along and don't' feel up to hitting one of the 4 high end supper clubs located a shout from the hotel: The Ruth's Chris Steakhouse looks great - plan to try that sometime. The Alexanders Steak house IS first class - I had the filet and it was perfect.

The complementary USA today plus standard coffee are available in the lobby if you are in a hurry each morning. I needed some shirts laundered and handed these to Doug before 8 am as I left for the office and they were hanging in my closet when I returned at end of the day. $7.50 for two shirts on my hotel bill was convenient and very reasonable.

The remodeled rooms include very nice bed with perfect linens - not too heavy and very comfortable, desk and dresser combo with hidden mini fridge. The desk includes very bright work light with multiple plugins at its base for your pc and phone charger. The bed includes a wooden headboard with built-in lamps that also have plug in receptacles that allow you to plug in cell phone charger that you use as morning alarm. Very nice feature. I'm impressed with the VP that came up with that idea. The bathroom includes marble tile in shower and porcelain tiles on floor plus granite counter at sink - nice trim.
If you are headed to the north side of Columbus, then stay at the Worthington Courtyard, its a hit.

Room Tip: Ask for a 4th floor room at the west end of the hotel and away from the elevator. There is easy acc...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Judy L, Manager at Courtyard Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for the great feedback. We are so very EXCITED about our renovations and how refreshing, relaxing yet productive our rooms are for our guest.

Our new Bistro Cafe' is a great addition to the Courtyard brand image and is an inviting concept for our guest to be productive with the easy access to the internet and our expanded business center along with our boarding pass kiosk. The interactive GO Board is also a Courtyard branded item that is exclusive just for Marriott Courtyard.

I do agree that we are nestled in among numerous fine dining restaurants and you have a great selection in which to make your dinner arrangements or if you prefer you can alway pick to stay in the hotel to take advantage of our dinner and drink options in the Bistro.

Thank you for staying with us and we do hope that the next time you are in the Worthington/Polaris area you allow us to be of service. We appreciate your business and your feedback is always welcome. Marriott does listen to their guest and what they have to say and that is how the Courtyard brand came into existance.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am in the process of relocating to Columbus, OH, and have been staying at the Courtard every other week for the past two months. They do an excellent job - clean lobby, clean rooms, modern feel. The food from the bistro is good, and though the choices are limited, this is probably a good thing because it allows them to do what they do very well. There are plenty of restaurant choices within walking distance, too.

I recently stayed on the newly remodeled 4th floor, and it looks great. Clean, bright, and modern.

The staff deserve particular praise. They remember my name each time they see me, and they treat me like they are truly happy to have me there (this is true of the front desk staff and the bistro staff). This isn't terribly common at hotel chains.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Judy L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback regarding you stays at the Courtyard Worthington.

We are taking great pride in our newly decorated rooms and I am happy you got the opportunity to experience one of the rooms during your recent stay.

Thank you for your repeat business and I am happy to hear that the staff treats you like a member of our family.

Your commitment and dedication to our Courtyard and Marriott is very important to us and we appreciate your continued support and business..

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Worthington provided a decent stay during my October 2012 visit. The check in process went pretty smoothly and the room was clean. The beds were comfortble though the pillows left something to be desired; either too thick or too thin, no in between. The temp was good as well. There are dining options around so that is a plus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Judy L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding you recent stay at the Courtyard in Worthington, OH.

We do listen to what our guest has to say and we are currently in the process of replacing all pillows in the hotel with larger pillows that will be more comfortable for an improved nights rest. We do hope that you will stay with us again if you are in the Columbus area and allow us to be of service to you.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Normally I'm wary of the Marriott Courtyard, but this property is being refurbished, so has the new lobby area (with coffee shop), that feels very upscale and modern.

The rooms are clean, and fine (nothing fancy, but fine for a night traveling on business), and nice toiletries too.

A pleasant surprise, I'd stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Judy L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regard your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Worthington, OH.

It is pleasant to hear that our renovations of our rooms did not interfere with you stay and you were able to have a good experience. I do hope that the next time you are in the area that you are able to stay again and enjoy our newly decorated rooms and the new amenities that will certainly enhance your experience.

It was our pleasure to be of service to you and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the very near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a typical Courtyard by Marriott but is in an excellent location for business and dining. I am a fan of Courtyard's as they offer very acceptable lodging at an affordable price with the benefit of Marriott Rewards points. This hotel is very clean and nicely tucked in between some excellent restaurants like the Columbus Fish Market, Ruth's Chris and Hyde Park Grille.

Room Tip: The most quiet rooms are away from the I-270 freeway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Judy L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Worthington, OH. We certainly appreciate hearing from you and welcome your feedback.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully you were able to take advantage of the wonderful restaurants that surround our hotel. It is very hard to recommend any particular restaurant as they are all rated very high.

We do hope the next time you are in the Worthington area that you will allow us to be of service to you again. We will be undergoing rooms renovations in the very near future and hopefully you will have the opportunity to enjoy our newly refreshed rooms.

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

This is your standard Courtyard. Lobby has been remodeled to reflect the new design. Room is standard. Exactly what you expect. Older property that has been kept up.

Big plus are the dining options near by. A number of restaurants ranging from high end steak houses to sports bars. Odd that they are all right there as there are no retail shopping in the immediate area.

Good solid Courtyard.

• Stayed: December 2012
Judy L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard Columbus/Worthington, OH.

We appreciate hearing back from our guests and the experience they encountered while in the hotel. Your feedback is very important and we do listen and react accordingly. We do hope that the next time you are in the Columbus area you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you.

As a side note, the hotel will be going through a rooms renovation and updating and we hope you will have the opportunity to come back and visit us and enjoy our new rooms.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here for 8 nights on a business trip, so had no choice in the matter. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a male receptionist in jeans and a football shirt who moseyed over from the bar area to check me in. At the weekend, he was replaced by more professional looking staff, but it was a strange opening sight. The room was okay sized for American standards with a decent sized bathroom. The elevator was slower than molasses.

On the plus side, the room came with some decent sports channels, every booth table in the always-empty bar had its own personal tv and it's very handily placed for some nice sports bar and restaurants in the area. If you are going out locally, leave the car at the hotel, parking after dark can involve a walk depending on where your room is.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Judy L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to provide us feedback during your recent stay at the Courtyar by Marriott in Worthington. We do appreciate hearing from you regarding yor stay. It seems as though you checked in on our NFL night and Courtyard is an official sponsor of NFL and our associates are permitted to wear shirts supporting their favorite team. This is only permitted til the end of the NFL season which they will go back to their uniforms.

In 2013 the hotel will be having rooms renovation with a fresh new modern look that will be very updated and add comfort and welcome to all guest. Along with this we are scheduled to have a complete elevator modernization and update.

We are nestled among many wonderful restaurants that range from fast food to 5-star restaurants that are within walking distance. This is a great asset to this area that a guest does not have to drive to whatever their dining choice.

We do hope that the next time you are in area you will give us the opportunity of being of service to you. Thank you for your recent stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Residence Inn Columbus Worthington
Sheraton Suites Columbus
Sheraton Suites Columbus
#53 of 145 in Columbus
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
TownePlace Suites Columbus Worthington
Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington

Been to Courtyard Columbus Worthington? Share your experiences!