“Great Food”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have been to King Gyros numerous times and have never had a poor food experience. This restaurant is owned by a local family and it is not uncommon to see the couple, including their school aged children working the register. It has been a pleasure to watch the business go from a small family venture, to a busy local food stop. The prices are reasonable, the service is top notch and the food is great.

There are newer reviews for King Gyros Greek Restaurant

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Found this place on whole waiting near the airport for a colleague to arrive. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but my is the food delicious. We ordered way to much to try as much as possible. Everything was tasty! Next time I am in Columbus, I will definitely eat there again... Yummy!!!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I personally believe that when traveling, local restaurants usually provide great food at reasonable prices with excellent service. King Gyros on South Hamilton road in Columbus meets all my criteria and will not disappoint. A new dinning room has opened providing a comfortable atmosphere to enjoy your meals. Menu items such as the new dip, simply makes you taste buds explode with joy, with citrus & spice flavors! Always a great smile with courtesy by any of the service personnel up front, but also the kitchen workers, who strive to serve the freshest and best tasting dishes. You might see the owner “Yanni”, who likes to meet his customers and always has great suggestions.

If I had only a favorite I would say, however I do like many items on their extensive menu with something for everyone, don’t let the name fool you! Genuine Greek Specialties and a great assortment of American favorites like Burgers & Fresh Cut Fries to Pita Bread Sandwiches, 9” SUPERSUBS and a Kids menu that includes Greek and American favorites.
Do not miss the tasty desserts available from old-fashioned baklava and Kataife to some of the best “brownies” in town.
Bottom line, I go there a few times a week and there is no other place I would rather eat!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have been to many of the Greek restaurants in the Columbus area and I think that the flavor of the meat doesn't compare to anything else. The Greek fries are great! They also have excellent baklava. My biggest complaint is that there is not a lot of space to sit down and eat inside. They are in the process of adding on..this will hopefully solve that problem. It is really a family owned business in Whitehall.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Great food...inexpensive!! The restaurant is small but they are expanding (which is MUCH needed as they don’t have bathrooms inside)!! I LOVE their gyros…just ask for the sauce on the side as they sometimes put a little too much on.

They DON’T have a liquor license here!! I’m not sure if you can BYOB…but you can always call and ask!