“A unique and fun atmosphere, professional service, and you always feel welcome”
Review of Gresso's

Gresso's
Ranked #726 of 2,235 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I've been here many, many times. I've never been disappointed. If you love sports, dogs, beer, and an easy-going, laid back environment that treats you like family, look no further than Gresso's. Whether I've sat down at a table for the World Cup, NBA playoffs, college football, or MLS matches,

I have always been greeted and served relatively quick. Sometimes it takes longer than others, but for some reason being in German Village tends to make any small matter not really matter at all. **Although last time I stopped in, the waitress did miss a few things on my order. Each time I informed her, it was taken as no big deal and fixed right away. It might be worth mentioning that this scenario, and it happens everywhere, can sometimes be taken with the same easy-going attitude that makes Gresso's so appealing to me. This is not a negative for me, but might not be a positive for everyone.

The selection of food is what you'd expect from a bar/restaurant of this breed. I have brought many friends here on random nights during the week just to show them something different. They always call a few weeks later and want to head back for a second taste.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank DriftingIslander

Columbus, Ohio
“Our Favorite for Football Watching”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a great place to go to watch college football whether you are a Buckeye or not. Gressos is very welcoming to fans of other teams who live in the Central Ohio area. Both WVa and Penn State fans make their game day homes here. The service is pretty good, and the food is better than the usual bar food, especially for those from the Ohio Valley region. You will find pizza from Steubenville and pierogis here. They also have good hummus and gyros. The location is a converted old house just south of German Village on High St. There is enough street parking in the neighborhood (not always true in German Village)--we have never had a problem parking. My wife now looks forward to going to see games here whereas she was not as thrilled about other locations our alumni club had used in the past. Gresso, the owner, is a great host.

• Visited October 2011
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Great atmosphere. Better than your...”
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Great atmosphere. Better than your typical bar food and a great outdoor patio. Enjoy the German Village neighborhood for an after dinner stroll.

Columbus
“Awesome place”
Reviewed July 5, 2009

If you are looking for a great patio to relax and listen to some live music, drink some good brew and even grab a bite to eat, then this is your place. They have a good number of micro-brews available. Listed as the best patio in Columbus, I would have to say that i agree. The staff is really friendly and call you by name from the second you sit down. Just the best I've seen here in Columbus. Highly recommended.

COLUMBUS
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great experience”
Reviewed June 18, 2009

First time at gresso's we were over whelmed with the personal service we received from the staff and owner. I could not believe it, but our second time was even better and Carl who was our server the first time remembered our names. The food was great. And sitting outside with our dog on there patio with live music was fantastic.
GO TO GRESSO'S!!!!!