“Best Tasting Menu in Downtown Columbus!”
Review of Latitude 41

Latitude 41
Reserve with OpenTable
Latitude 41 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #285 of 2,263 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gay Street
Description: Latitude 41 (Evolution by Celebrity Chef Dean J. Max) manifests his exquisite & unique land food creations in Columbus. Columbus is prime for his Culinary Expertise & phenomenal service execution.
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Our experience at Latitude 41 was a night worth remembering. Our party of 4 decided on the 6 Course Tasting Menu and we found out to everyones delight it was the right choice. Two of us were vegetarian but the chefs came up with magical creations that made us all ooh and aah. My favorites were the yummy Beet salad, the delectable Strawberry Gazpacho, and the divine desserts. The ginger-Pineapple dish makes me crave it!!
Thanks for the great evening:)
Easily one of the top places if not the best in Columbus!

3  Thank ShankarBexley_Ohio
There are newer reviews for Latitude 41

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Occasionally a person stumbles across a rare discovery, much like finding a pearl inside an oyster. The oyster is common. Even ugly. The pearl on the other hand is unique and quite beautiful. Such was the experience my wife and I shared with our friends last Saturday. Unbeknownst to us, a new chef (Adam Cobb) had just begun his role at Latitude 41. Yes, that’s the Renaissance Hotel “lobby restaurant”, but for those that have turned-up their noses at such an establishment, please be advised that it is worth a second look. I can honestly say that the evening was one of the finest dining experiences I have had in quite some time.
I would offer this suggestion: go for the chef’s sampler menu and let them decide what to serve you. Simply let them know of any food allergies or things you simply won’t eat and they’ll work around your tastes. The four of us chose the four course sampler for $40 per person (we opted to complement each course with wine which is an additional $15 option…and well worth it). There is a six course option, but I’m not sure I had room for two more items.
We started with a delicious leek soup and a delightful salad featuring a vanilla balsamic vinaigrette dressing and sliced pears. Then, out came the spicy muscles in a yummy broth…about a dozen…cooked to perfection. The 3rd course, wait shouldn’t this be the 4th course?, was soft-shell crab over a bed of black rice cooked with bacon or some other salty meat or at least this is how I recall that particular course. (The consensus among the four of us was that this was the weakest link in our chain of wonderful dishes.) Then, out came a sliced portion of hangar steak cooked sous vide (an under water technique that a non-foodie like me found most unusual and effective) and then briefly grilled to perfection, served with a taste of fingerling potatoes, pearl onions and a bit of asparagus for accent. After enjoying all our courses and wines we were more than satisfied. But wait, here comes the dessert sampler of four or five sweet sensations. By this time I was in a food coma, but I recall thinking I liked the spongy toffee cake best…or was it Jeni’s salty caramel ice cream or the raspberry/vanilla mousse or the other selections? Whew!
Please note that not everyone at the table needs to go with the wine option and our server, Charles, more than made sure we were dining at a pace that worked for us. We relaxed over the evening while other diners scurried off to the symphony. Loved Latitude 41 and we shall return soon. Well done Chef Cobb!

4  Thank morebreadplease
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Staying at the Renaissance and figured I'd check it out for breakfast. The service and the complimentary smoothie 'shot' was excellent. Beyond that I don't have much good news to report. The egg white frittata sounded amazing but was way overcooked. Call me crazy but I don't think one should need a steak knife to cut eggs. The potato dish looked great but was undercooked.

Sigh.

But it is a nice LOOKING restaurant!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I went to Latitude 41 with my family just last night, so I wanted to write this while the experience was fresh in my mind. We chose this place because we had been a few other times and had a GREAT experience. We appreciated the variety on the menu, creative cocktails, and amazing service.

This time, we took my partner's parents, grandmother, sister, and nephew. We were hoping for the same experience. The food almost hit the mark, but the service certainly did not. I will speak about the food below, but a few comments on the service. I'm not sure if they were short some people last night, but there was no one at the bar. The servers had to make their own drinks, which meant that we waited a long, long time for that. In addition, one member of our party had to go up to the bar to get a pitcher of water because our glasses sat empty for so long. The server did attempt to make accommodations, but it just took him a long time to get around to fulfilling them.

I had the tomato flatbread, brussels sprouts (2 orders!!!), and a green salad. My partner got the cauliflower risotto (a tad underseasoned, but good) and the pear salad (we are vegetarians). Two people in our party got the beef tenderloin, and one out of two was cooked to order. We sent one back to be cooked medium-well, and even after the second time, it was not. Two others ordered the roasted walu, and they were both pleased with how it turned out. (Unfortunately, they both have stomach distress now...whoopsie.)

I will give Latitude 41 another try, because I believe that this was just an off night. I'm not sure I can say the same for the other members of my party.

1  Thank ohiofoodie35
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I love this place. The servers are "good". The food is excellent. Hate the fact it's in a Marriot. The lobster mac and cheese is delightful.

1  Thank TheDishingDiva