“Place is garbage”

Genghis Grill
Cuisines: Asian, Grill, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Genghis Grill-The Mongolian Stir Fry is a build your own bowl,fast casual,asian stir-fry concept.The atmosphere is colorful,lively,and a lot of fun! It's actually not a cuisine, but an INTERACTIVE style of exhibition cooking modeled after a centuries-old legend. At Genghis Grill, you can build your bowl from over 80+ fresh, delicious ingredients. Watch as our grillmasters cook on a large, sizzling circular grill.
“Place is garbage”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Went to Genghis grill on my lunch break from work. Was sat promptly from the hostess rather quickly. He took us through the menu, and the concept of the restaurant. They have an ordering device at the table that allows you to order apps and drinks. I attempted to order 2 waters however it did not work. No problem, I understand new tech has issues. We've yet to be greeted by our server, or have any drinks, 5 mins has passed since we've sat. We then walked up to the area where you can create your own bowl. Thinking maybe we just walk up, and create our own dish so that we can eat, considering we have to be back to work. Once we walked up we were told by a server we had to wait for our server before we could do that. We sat back down and waited 10 more minutes. Still no greet, 15-20 minutes has gone by since we walked into the door. We left after realizing we wouldn't have enough time to eat and be back to work in time. I will not ever go back to that place, especially considering they just opened, so you would think they would try to be on top of their game. Place is garbage.

• Visited August 2014

Westerville, Ohio
“Good Food, Fun for Families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

For Mongolian BBQ style meals, this new eatery in the Polaris area is pretty good. They don't offer an all you can eat like their competitors do. Instead, they offer different bowl sizes which worked out nicely for our family. That seems more economical too. THe food was fresh and tasted great. I think they could have used a few more descriptors on the food that was out, or more staff standing behind the food bar to answer questions. Service was very attentive. I'd definitely go back.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank TraceyC719
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big Mistake”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

We went to Genghis Grill tonight for my husbands birthday. The restaurant just opened 2 days ago. We were expecting good food and a good time especially since it just opened. My husband took one look at the meat selections, he felt like they looked like they had been sitting there awhile, and turned around and ordered just fried rice. It was so salty he could only eat a small amount and it had a bitter taste, I am not sure if it was the tomatoes or something else they put in it. My daughter and myself went ahead and made our own bowls. They have staff that serves the meat and sauces. You gather your own vegetables. If you are taller than 5'2" expect to bend backwards to reach the vegetables. The selection of sauces is small, so be sure you really like what you are putting on the food because it isn't like Mongolian Barbecue where you can try different combinations. You pay by the size of the bowl, I picked a large bowl ($13.99) because I wanted leftovers for lunch the next day. Needless to say I wasn't fond of my sauce so I was stuck with a large amount of not so great food. My husband only ate a few bites of his rice, so when we left he was going to stop and get a burger somewhere (great birthday dinner) but started to not feel well so we just went home. My daughter liked her food. $55 for our meal was disappointing, we won't go back. If you are looking for stir fry, stick with Mongolian Barbecue, the prices are similar and it is all you can eat, so if you don't like what you concocted, you can just get something else.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWESOME COOKS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

The cooks do your food right in front of you with a few tricks too! Mongolian BBQ ain't got nothin on genghis

1 Thank Jake2580