“Wonderful Dining Experience”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Good chicken wing appetizer. The chicken was delicious and spiced in a way I've never tasted before. Salad had the best vinaigrette dressing ever! Tasty sangria and the nacho appetizer with pulled pork and chicken was fabulous . I love this place. Wish we had one in Maryland. Excellent service too,

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I have eaten here about half a dozen times. I always het a salad while my husband always orders something different. The food is always good as is the service. They run promotions and discounts so we never pay full price. Those are some of the reasons we really like Smokey Bones.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Service is solid, quick and timely. The steak are high quality, Burgers are great!
I would definitely go back again. Waitress was friendly and sincere.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The food portions were quite large and our server was great. We had a large party and our server took great care to keep us satisfied.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Sometimes not knowing anything about a film or a restaurant for example, is the best way to go in with a completely open mind and without any preconceptions. Last week I drove my cousin's daughters to a Pop concert at the "Nationwide" Arena, and as my cousin and myself were hungry, and had a few hours to kill in Columbus, we came here.

Smokey Bones BBQ is a chain of BBQ restaurants that seem to be East Coast / Mid West based, but the fact that they are "chain" please please don't let that put you off. Don't think of "chain" and think of some generic burger, fast food type eatery here, as this is very very far from what these restaurants are.

Apart from my cousin and myself, two other guys came and ate with us, friends of my cousin's that work in Columbus during the week and then head back to Akron at the weekends. They recommended Smokey Bones, and eat here quite often. As the waitress, who was very friendly, went round the table taking out orders, we all went for the "Baby Back Ribs" and all I can say is thank God I followed their lead.

Honestly these were some of the best ribs I've ever eaten. I've eaten BBQ in North and South Carolina, in Georgia, in Chicago and a number of other places, but these, these were great, in fact really great. Okay they were about $20 for the full rack, but I'm a big boy and I could hardly finish what I had on my plate. The sides were good, but again this place is about the BBQ so forget these and leave room for what counts.

Apart from the ribs, I saw on a neighboring table that someone had Pulled Pork and Beef Brisket, both of which looked real good as well.

Its a good job that I don't live close by as I would need to buy a season ticket to this place if I did, plus I'd be the size of a small hippo.