“Consistently - One of the Best!”

Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Ranked #14 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 23, 2014

I travel on business 4 nights every week, stay in a lot of hotels and see a lot of competition
This location is by far the best. The staff is very accommodating, helpful and friendly.
The rooms are always clean, and we'll maintained.

So impressed that I arranged for this hotel to be put at the top of the list of hotel selections in our company travel department

Mgmt: Patrick, Liz and Simone are always on top of things. Details matter to this team!
Sales department: Jen and Shelley - always assure reservation process is seamless
Front desk staff: Jason, Chelsea, Dawn, Ben, Christina and the entire crew (sorry, too many names to remember) are all outstanding

Jim R.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 764jimr
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Dear Jim R,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. It was extremely positive towards the entire staff and I plan on thanking each of them personally for making you one of our most loyal guests.

Warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington

Reviewed August 14, 2014

This was our first stay at your hotel and it was very nice. The staff, especially Chelsa, was very helpful. The room was nice and clean. Loved the bed slept like a baby. The only other thing I would like to comment on is the bathroom. You almost had to stand in the tub to close the door. Also there were no drawers to store ypur clothes. I don't like to live out of my suitcase. Other than that everything else was great,, including the breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear jwhcbg,

Thank you for the good review. The mention of Chelsie's name got a scrach off ticket and she was happy to win $2.00. Thank you again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The lobby of the Hyatt Place in the Worthington area of Columbus is very attractive. However, our room needed some sprucing up: the carpet was noticeably stained, the walls were scuffed and the couch sagged badly in the middle. The room was clean upon arrival. We had difficulty regulating the temperature as the air conditioning was cold and turning it down resulted in having the heat come on.

Breakfast was disappointing as the Danish pastries were nearly stale and the hot entrees were not appetizing. Same was true 10 days ago at a different Hyatt.

There is major road construction going on nearby, but the detours are clearly marked and the staff is very knowledgeable about rerouting travelers.

All in all, it was fine for one night.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: The low numbered rooms are at the end of the hotel facing the road construction. Construction contin...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Resident Dinosaur,

I am truly sorry that you had such an unpleasant stay. You have mentioned many items and I am going to go over each one with my staff. I hope that if you have the chance to visit Columbus again we can show you who we really want to be not what you have described. My sincere apologies.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Throughout my entire three day stay here, the staff was great. Had terrible time with getting the card-reading door lock to function properly. In short order, the maintenance guys replaced the entire lock assembly, so no more problems. There was some kind of construction going on above my floor and the hammering sound traveled thru the walls/ceiling. The first night was until about 8PM. I was told they could try to move me to another room but I was already settled in,. The next morning, I commented about it to the front desk. The manager discounted the room by 50%. The second night, the workers stopped earlier. Wi-Fi was initially slow, but perked up after a while. Complimentary breakfast was one of the better ones I've had. Like a number of other hotels in the immediate area, it is in walking distance of excellent restaurants.

Room Tip: 3rd floor and higher have little noise from the street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Phillip B,

Thank you for your thoughtful review. I apologize that we had work going on during your stay we were upgrading the plumbing in several of the rooms but thankfully that is over now and It sounds like we took care of the additional issues immediately.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Love the contemporary style of the Hyatt hotels and the larger hotel rooms. Lots of room even in the double bed room. Large couch and seating area. Nice fitness center with dumbbells up to 50 lbs and high end cardio equipment. (Unfortunately there is no weight bench in this fitness center). Great breakfast with lots of options. Very quite on the first floor. Nice pool and well manicured grounds. Mini-Starbucks on site is a major plus, got to have a great cup of joe in the am. Tons of shopping and high end restaurants nearby. I stay at Marriott hotels most of the time but have been choosing Hyatt because of the style, amenities, and the price is lower than the Marriott locations in many of the cities in my territory. Will definitely stay here again when I'm back in Columbus for business.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear David A,

Thank you for you're review of our property. I am very happy that you mentioned you would be back if work takes you to Columbus again. I apologize about the workout bench. It was broken during your stay. It has been replaced so I hope you get a chance to enjoy it in the future.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a night out for her birthday. We had a good overall experience. The hotel was a short walk to Ruth's Chris where we ate dinner. The king with sofa room was large with a layout that used the space efficiently. The room had a living area with large sofa that was separated by a small partition from the sleeping area. The room was furnished quite nicely except the sofa was beginning to show some wear and tear. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The hotel and room was very clean. What I really liked was the convenience of access to a small bar in the lobby for a drink, a bakery case, an offering of Starbucks drinks (although limited), and a decent food menu 24 hours a day; it was perfect for a late night snack or drink if you didn't want to go out. We would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Craig C,

Thank you for you're comments. Happy Birthday to the Mrs. We appreciate the feedback and I will be looking into the sofa in the room you stayed in.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Walk into this hotel and be dazzled. A black bamboo bowl, filled with green Granny Smith apples,
presents itself. Simple art decorates the lobby, subdued lighting. It takes the weariness of travel away. Nice selection of food, pastries available all the time. A mini Starbucks is in the lobby; afternoon lattes. The rooms are large and tasteful laid out.I had a space with a mini fridge; a micro wave would make it even better. Very quiet place, great beds.
The pricing I thought was excellent; a little nicer place with all the conveniences in the lobby.
Oh, this location is very nice, walking distances to a variety of good restaurants, movie theater

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Alice w ,

I really appreciate you're review. You presented beautifully what the Hyatt Place concept is. I hope we get a chance to see you again. One item I would like to share is regarding the microwaves. We do have several that are available on request so be sure to ask when you check in or call ahead and reserve one.

Warm rereads,