“Great style, large room, great location”

Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Ranked #14 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Salem, Virginia
“Great style, large room, great location”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Love the contemporary style of the Hyatt hotels and the larger hotel rooms. Lots of room even in the double bed room. Large couch and seating area. Nice fitness center with dumbbells up to 50 lbs and high end cardio equipment. (Unfortunately there is no weight bench in this fitness center). Great breakfast with lots of options. Very quite on the first floor. Nice pool and well manicured grounds. Mini-Starbucks on site is a major plus, got to have a great cup of joe in the am. Tons of shopping and high end restaurants nearby. I stay at Marriott hotels most of the time but have been choosing Hyatt because of the style, amenities, and the price is lower than the Marriott locations in many of the cities in my territory. Will definitely stay here again when I'm back in Columbus for business.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear David A,

Thank you for you're review of our property. I am very happy that you mentioned you would be back if work takes you to Columbus again. I apologize about the workout bench. It was broken during your stay. It has been replaced so I hope you get a chance to enjoy it in the future.

Patrick Quinn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Leesburg, Ohio
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a night out for her birthday. We had a good overall experience. The hotel was a short walk to Ruth's Chris where we ate dinner. The king with sofa room was large with a layout that used the space efficiently. The room had a living area with large sofa that was separated by a small partition from the sleeping area. The room was furnished quite nicely except the sofa was beginning to show some wear and tear. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The hotel and room was very clean. What I really liked was the convenience of access to a small bar in the lobby for a drink, a bakery case, an offering of Starbucks drinks (although limited), and a decent food menu 24 hours a day; it was perfect for a late night snack or drink if you didn't want to go out. We would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Craig C,

Thank you for you're comments. Happy Birthday to the Mrs. We appreciate the feedback and I will be looking into the sofa in the room you stayed in.

Placitas, New Mexico
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Walk into this hotel and be dazzled. A black bamboo bowl, filled with green Granny Smith apples,
presents itself. Simple art decorates the lobby, subdued lighting. It takes the weariness of travel away. Nice selection of food, pastries available all the time. A mini Starbucks is in the lobby; afternoon lattes. The rooms are large and tasteful laid out.I had a space with a mini fridge; a micro wave would make it even better. Very quiet place, great beds.
The pricing I thought was excellent; a little nicer place with all the conveniences in the lobby.
Oh, this location is very nice, walking distances to a variety of good restaurants, movie theater

Dear Alice w ,

I really appreciate you're review. You presented beautifully what the Hyatt Place concept is. I hope we get a chance to see you again. One item I would like to share is regarding the microwaves. We do have several that are available on request so be sure to ask when you check in or call ahead and reserve one.

Warm rereads,

Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My daughter was married this past weekend. Hyatt was so accommodating. They gave us great rates for preregistering wedding guests. We had welcome bags, they delivered to all the rooms. The bonus is the free breakfast. So many choices for all palettes.

The staff is friendly and helpful. This was my second stay at this hotel. It won't be my last!!!

Room Tip: If you can choose two queens over the king do so, the dressing area has more drawer space.
Dear Pam51404,

Thank you for the great review and congratulations on the wedding. I hope everyone had a fantastic time. I am very happy to pass along positive comments to my sales team and I will certainly be sharing your review.

Best wishes for the happy couple!

Patrick
Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights. Here's what I experienced:

- Good location, not far from Polaris shopping and highways.
- Friendly staff, especially at check-in.
- Good morning breakfast.
- Nice large screen TV but it's odd viewing it from an angle from either side of the room. Unfortunately a lot of the TV channels are not in HD so they have poor resolution.
- Room was dated. Needs updating badly. Stains on the carpet. Nothing looks "fresh".
- Housekeeping wasn't the greatest, they didn't always replace tissues, ignored my full melted ice bucket on the floor, etc.
- The mattress pad was uncomfortable to sleep on, It was wrinkled/old and left indents on the skin of my back.
- Room had 8 feather only pillows---why not 4 feather and 4 foam?
- Pool is outdoors, so it's only available during the summer.
- Air conditioner beside bed runs all the time, so it's noisy in your room all the time, unless you shut it off completely. That makes it hard to sleep. I called the front desk twice about this and they were clueless. They didn't get back to me on any solution or alternative.
- I'm a Hyatt Diamond member, there was no benefit other than a free beverage, which I never received.

Patrick the GM needs to tell the owner/HQ to overhaul the property badly.

1 Thank MarkNiagara
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear MarkNiagara,

I am sorry you're stay was unacceptable. Several of the items you had mention are certainly in my control and it seems we failed in those regards. I checked you're account and we did add the 500 bonus points on the stay for the diamond member amenity. I truly apologize.

Indianapolis
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Hyatt Place is just such a great hotel. This is the 2nd time I've stayed at this property and it did not disappoint. Love the layout of the rooms - very functional and comfortable. Breakfast is good with lots of options including hot sandwiches. Location is also ideal, with many restaurants nearby. Would stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear A.T.,

I agree. Even if I wasn't working at a Hyatt Place I would still choose this brand ahead of any other. It really hits all the right notes with me and I can see by your review that it does with you as well.

I hope that you can introduce yourself to me next time around.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here for one night! Excellent customer service. Large rooms!!! The breakfast buffet in the morning had great options. Ordered food from the hotels restaurant and it was so delicious. Fresh made pizza and quesadillas. Enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear mburnsi2,

Thank you so much for the great review! I especially appreciate the comments about the customer service. We try very hard to show our best face at all times and it is gratifying to hear that this is happening when a manager is not there to see it. Loved the comments about the food. We really surprise a lot of our guests with the quality of the 24/7 offerings.

Best regards,