“Huge free breakfast, sleeping & sitting area with additional sink & fridge excellent all around value!”

Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Ranked #15 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Huge selection full free breakfast, double bed room has a sitting area with additional large sectional sleeper couch sink & fridge, great water pressure. Clean hotel, friendly service.
Elevators are extremely slow.
Overall great value at a cheap rate!

• Stayed: October 2013
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Kmoxie,

Thank you for the great review. I do hear what you said about the elevators, I am not sure which days you stayed but if there are several sports teams the elevators could have been running non stop. The rooms are a great surprise to many people and even our pull out couch has a 6" matress. I have not gotten one complaint in 5 years about the pull out being uncomfortable.

Thank you again for the 5 stars!!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I've stayed at numerous different Hyatt Place locations so I know what they're about. They're also the first property I look for when travelling so I like them generally. I've previously stayed at this particular location, and I must say this most recent stay was the worst Hyatt Place experience I've had. The staff was fine (outside of the fact that they didn't fulfill my request of the highest floor/not near an elevator. Annoying as a Hyatt Gold Passport member.), but the property itself needs some work - "rode hard and put away wet" comes to mind.

The property also need to replace their "cribs" (it was actually a playard) - the first one we received had holes in it large enough for limbs, or in the case of an infant, their head, to fit through. If you are travelling with a small child be sure to bring your own sheets and blankets.

Breakfast was ok. Free so I can't complain.

Price for the time we stayed was quite high based on my previous experience with Hyatt Place. Not sure why either, the OSU football team was out of town so demand shouldn't have been as high as would be expected in Columbus during football season.

I might give other Hyatt Place locations a second chance but not this property. The next time we're in Columbus we will stay elsewhere.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Bosox fan,

I am sorry to hear that we have lost a potential guest but happy to hear you are still willing to give Hyatt Place another chance. I have personally checked all the cribs for safety and thank you for pointing out your concerns. The weekend you stayed we had the presidents cup in town and most of the hotels had been sold out that's why the rates were higher than you would have preferred.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for five nights. The room is spacious and the 42" flat screen TV is great. The bathroom is ridiculously small. There is a coffee maker, little refrigerator and additional small sink area but no microwave. The place is clean, the beds are comfortable, and the staff are friendly. Although, I'm not sure it is as nice as a Hyatt should be but it is sufficient. There is an outside pool only. Located along side of the hotel, in the parking lot, it is fenced in (cheaply see through) and could use a little more privacy. The breakfast is the best free breakfast for a chain hotel ever! Fresh fruit salad, delicious biscuit bacon egg and cheese sandwich, yummy bagel with spinach cheese omelette on top, fresh oatmeal and lots of fresh juices to choose from. Clean breakfast area, restocked quickly. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance(and the hotel has a menu too). There is even a great movie theater you can walk to as well.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DanNlisa
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

DanNlisa,

Thank you for your review. There are some many restaurants you could stay for two weeks and still have places to go. The comments about the pool give us something to work on, being the end of the season we are in the process of closing it and it could have looked better for sure.

We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast and hope to see you in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We booked this hotel for 2 nights using Hotels.com and got a really good rate. Our room was on the first floor, close to the exit for the pool. Fortunately, swimming season was over, or the room would have been really noisy. The room was very spacious, a great flat screen TV, not so easy to use remote to get to cable channels, and a good bed. The staff was very helpful when we checked in one day early. They combined the two reservations easily, and made the three night stay a breeze. The only downside was that the cell pone reception in the room was lousy. Lots of guests out in the parking lot on their phones. The breakfast was OK- not great. The coffee was a bit weak, too. Otherwise, a great location for Worthington, Polaris, Delaware, and the zoo. Don't stay on the first floor during swimming season.

Room Tip: Cell phone service is spotty in the rooms. Use the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GAfromLA
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

GAfromLA,

Thank you for the 4 ****Stars. The flat screen is a big favorite with our guests. We do have a 10pm pool closing when in season (Memorial day-Labor day). We are always willing to accept requests for a high floor corner room. I am not sure what might have gone on with the cell service as I have Verizon and AT&T and both work really well. I wonder if there was an outage during your stay.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had a one night stay here, visiting colleges with my son. The hotel is located close to many nice restaurants. We were greeted by two wonderful staff at the front desk. They changed my room from double to king with no problem. I was asked if I wanted the lobby tour, which I responded yes. This took about 60 seconds and covered the breakfast servicing area, the small bar, the business office ( 2 PC's and a printer) and separate lounging areas.

The room was updated, clean and large with separate areas for a desk, bar with sink, large couch, bed and bathroom. I found the lighting in the vanity/sink area to be barely adequate for shaving. The TV was a large >40 inch flat screen with inputs for various A/V equipment. The A/C is the under the window, thru the wall type which for some might be too loud. Free WiFi and parking was a plus. The furnishings were modern and in good condition.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Traveling dishman,

Thank you for your review. The Columbus metro area is home to some of the finest universities in the country and I hope your son had a productive visit. Your review covered a great many of the amenities and services we offer. I was glad to see you would stay again and I am hoping we see you in the future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Please do not go to this Hotel.
I book 1 room with two bed for 1 adult and a child for 8 days. Due to unforeseen circumstances we could not make the trip, we are from Jamaica. I booked online, and there was no option in clear sight (must be in the fine prints) that gives the option of selecting Non-refundable or otherwise. I cancelled the reservation, only to be told I cannot get a cent back of my nearly $1,000.00. Is this for real. It is very hard to save for a vacation these day, most people cannot afford to give away $1,000.00 these day, I know I can't. PLEASE BE AWARE .

Room Tip: Do Not Go........Dishonest Please Read The Fine Print.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Janice W.,

You had called but did not call back and as the phone number we had for you was not in service we had no way of contacting you. I wish we had a chance to speak. It is never our intention to take anyone’s money. The website you visited pops up and ask twice if you are sure you want to make the reservation. It is not in the fine print. The charge will not go through unless you click the yes button. Having said that, we have refunded all of your money except a charge for one night. I believe this is fair since you booked the lower non-refundable rate. I hope you would now consider revising your comments as we are hard working people like yourself and the rules which you booked your room are standard practice in the hotel industry.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Spent the night with a friend, my daughter (age 7) and my friends niece (age 11). We had almost booked at another hotel. The price difference was $12. I was immediatly impressed when I walked in (it was a lot swankier then expected). I was a bit nervous dragging two tired kids through the lobby but the front desk staff was very welcoming to all of us. The room was awesome with a refrigerator. There was a divided area and the room big enough that we could all spread out. The beds were very comfortable, The hotel was very quiet and well located. Breakfast in the am was ample and filling. The only snag we ran into was the tv. The menu is confusing and we almost paid for a kids show that we accessed through "free on demand". Once we figured it out the tv was intermittenly fuzzy (almost like we were watching with an antennae). However We would definitley stay here again and highly reccommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Christy C.,
I am very glad you could give us such a good grade. I am proud to represent the highest graded brand of its type according to J.D. Power.
Warm regards