“UNETHICAL REFUND POLICY”

Ranked #18 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Kingston, Jamaica
“UNETHICAL REFUND POLICY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Please do not go to this Hotel.
I book 1 room with two bed for 1 adult and a child for 8 days. Due to unforeseen circumstances we could not make the trip, we are from Jamaica. I booked online, and there was no option in clear sight (must be in the fine prints) that gives the option of selecting Non-refundable or otherwise. I cancelled the reservation, only to be told I cannot get a cent back of my nearly $1,000.00. Is this for real. It is very hard to save for a vacation these day, most people cannot afford to give away $1,000.00 these day, I know I can't. PLEASE BE AWARE .

Room Tip: Do Not Go........Dishonest Please Read The Fine Print.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Janice W.,

You had called but did not call back and as the phone number we had for you was not in service we had no way of contacting you. I wish we had a chance to speak. It is never our intention to take anyone’s money. The website you visited pops up and ask twice if you are sure you want to make the reservation. It is not in the fine print. The charge will not go through unless you click the yes button. Having said that, we have refunded all of your money except a charge for one night. I believe this is fair since you booked the lower non-refundable rate. I hope you would now consider revising your comments as we are hard working people like yourself and the rules which you booked your room are standard practice in the hotel industry.

Patrick Quinn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New Richmond, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Spent the night with a friend, my daughter (age 7) and my friends niece (age 11). We had almost booked at another hotel. The price difference was $12. I was immediatly impressed when I walked in (it was a lot swankier then expected). I was a bit nervous dragging two tired kids through the lobby but the front desk staff was very welcoming to all of us. The room was awesome with a refrigerator. There was a divided area and the room big enough that we could all spread out. The beds were very comfortable, The hotel was very quiet and well located. Breakfast in the am was ample and filling. The only snag we ran into was the tv. The menu is confusing and we almost paid for a kids show that we accessed through "free on demand". Once we figured it out the tv was intermittenly fuzzy (almost like we were watching with an antennae). However We would definitley stay here again and highly reccommend to family and friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Christy C.,
I am very glad you could give us such a good grade. I am proud to represent the highest graded brand of its type according to J.D. Power.
Warm regards
Columbus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great room, great breakfast, great location close to Ruth's Chris and many other great restaurants! We always stay here for the above mentioned reasons. So easy to get to and from the big game. It is always clean and the staff is always so very helpful. Why stay with anyone else?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank Michael Denniso... D
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Mr. Michael Denniso,

Great review much appreciated. We are on the bus line which would bring you right into the campus and with 15 restaurants in our little foot print here at crosswoods it's a great place to relax away from the hub bub of downtown.

Hope to see you again soon. We're all shooting for 25 in a row!

GO BUCKEYES!

Patrick
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during Labor Day weekend to attend our daughter's wedding weekend activities. The hotel provided shuttle service to and from the wedding at a nearby Sue Orton Day Camp, allowing us to celebrate safely.
The breakfast buffer was generous and well presented, scrambled eggs, sausage, multiple carbs, minimal fresh fruit options, yogurt, steel-cut oatmeal. A Starbucks mini-cafe is in the lobby to satisfy the fiend in me.
Hotel staff, particularly the special events coordinator were highly motivated to meet every need.
Parking is free and generous. Common areas are small, but private room-suites are spacious and comfortable for gathering.

• Stayed September 2013
PatrickGM7490, Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Janick2010,

Thank you for the great review. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amentities that we provide. I will definitely pass along the kind words to our sales department and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Columbus!

greenup, il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Traveling with a group of 40 to Washington, D.C. And stayed here overnight. The service was excellent and the rooms were great. All of our travelers were talking about the size and niceness of the rooms.

• Stayed September 2013
Scott B,

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Place Worthington. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our spacious rooms. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Columbus!

Valhalla, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington for a brief stay while we visited our daughter who lives nearby. We have stayed at other HP's prior and this one was very similar. Our room was incredibly spacious with a large sitting area (we had a king bed). The bathroom was very small (the door nearly cleared the toilet), but the sink area outside the bathroom, though a strange set up, proved helpful while one was in the shower, the other could use the sink area. Other posters complained of an uncomfortable bed, we found ours to be fine. However, the AC unit was very noisy and rattled all night as it turned on and off. Also, it didn't quite keep up with the humidity.

The complimentary breakfast was ok. If found the waffles to be over cooked and very hard. The breakfast sandwiches are a better option. One morning we opted to walk to the Bob Evans for more variety.

The hotel is very clean and the staff very nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chris41,

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Place Worthington. We're very glad that you enjoyed your stay and your spacious room. I apologize that your AC unit was noisy but I'm glad to hear that you'll stay with us again. Give me a call personally when you're heading back into town and I will ensure your stay is perfect.

Best Regards,

Concord, Ohio, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed one night in the Columbus/Worthington Hyatt Place and were quite disappointed with the stay. We are diehard Hyatt people, being Vacation Club owners, and almost always stay in a Hyatt property when traveling. While the room itself was spacious with a separate room with a work station and a couch, the important stuff like a comfortable bed and a reasonable bathroom were lacking. The air conditioning system was one of those through-the-wall units that was right next to the bed. It cycled on and off all night and I think I woke up every time it turned on and off. In addition, when it blew cold air, it blew it right at the lucky person (me) who was sleeping next to the unit. The bathroom was smaller than most European baths that I have experienced. In addition, the sink/make up area was outside of the bathroom and had one large fluorescent light that illuminated the entire room making it impossible for someone who was still sleeping to continue sleeping while their companion was making up.
On the positive side, the comp breakfast was very good and the unit was clean and well located to the OSU campus. Honestly, though, I don't think I'd stay there again because of that uncomfy bed and especially that annoying air conditioning unit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dale L,

I was able to look up your room and had my engineer and inspector both look at the issues you brought to our attention. We did replace the air unit in the room and the old one is being refurbished. The Bed did get flipped and we applogize that we waited until this was mentioned before we took care of this simple fix.

I was glad you were able to enjoy other parts of your stay and please call me if you are in town again I would love the oppourtunity to change your mind.

Warm regards,