“consistent with other Hyatt Place experiences”

Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Ranked #16 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed July 8, 2013

convenient to the highway and many Columbus area activities (e.g. CBus zoo). Rooms are nice, big and quiet. Breakfast was crowded and hectic as there were little league teams staying there this weekend, meaning loads of kids running around.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

LisaD,

Thank you for being a loyal Hyatt Place guest. I see you mentioned the teams we had your weekend and still were able to score us 4 stars. Hopefully when you visit again we can show you a 5 star experience.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is the second time staying at this hotel, both visits were family related and I was able to use Hyatt points. This is a converted AmeriSuites and they are all the same as Hyatt Place locations. Property was clean, staff attentive, everything is good. The only negative is that the bathrooms are so small that the door hardly clears the toilet.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

OldLawnGnome,

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the return visits. You mentioned the bathrooms being small and I am grateful you returned despite that design flaw with the door. It is mentioned often as a area of concern and we are planning a complete renovation of all the bathrooms which will make it easier to negotiate.
By the way Love your name.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed her on our return trip. The room is nice. Breakfast was nice. We left early so I can't comment on the later half of breakfast. Lots of restaurants in the area. The room was clean . The bathroom was kinda small, in comparison to other Hyatt's.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Jackeo231,

Nice to hear you had a good visit. Hopefully we will see you again when you can spend more time exploring Columbus. Great town. I see you commented on the restaurants in the area. We have 10 in our foot print here and over 20 within 3 miles.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Third night in a hotel traveling from LA to Philadelphia covering 2295 miles arrived at HP at 10:00p.m. Amber greeted me at the front desk with a warm smile and sincere attention to my situation. She 'wore a different hat' and made an incredible turkey club sandwhich ... Colleagues, Felicia and Jason provided genuine conversation and unique information about HP that I was not aware of- I was one of a few patrons in the lobby. breakfast is complimentary and the dishware remind me of crate&barrel. In the room, furniture is ideal and the tv actually works with great reception; earlier in the week I had stayed at a Fairfield Inn and Doubletree- tv's there were ancient!

Room Tip: Was given a room on the fifth floor- I didn't hear a thing! Parking lot was full so I am assumin...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Vin-sanity9
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear, Vin-sanity9,

Thank you for the fantastic review. We could not get a better compliment than saying you're stay was home-like. Amber and Felecia are both new and doing a great job. Jason has been a main stay of our property for 6 or 7 years. I continue to be amazed at the quality of service he delivers while working the overnight shift. Our TV's are a great selling tool as we offer the best experience in the industry.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night, on Friday June 15th. We were in town (live two hours north of Columbus) to see the play "Wicked" and didnt want to drive home late at night.

We arrived to Columbus in late morning, before check-in, so we went to Easton Mall, and I was happy that this hotel was only a short drive from there. My first impression of the hotel as we approached was that it looked decent, looked to be in a nice area, albeit busy. The pool is smaller (but so are most hotel pools) but it had a lot of guests using it, which is nice.

The hotel is centrally located amongst many restaurants and a couple other hotels.

I wish I could remember her name but the best impression of the hotel came at check-in. We were given great service, very friendly front desk, it was two younger ladies and one gentleman. Management can determine who was working Friday June 15th at about 4pm to determine who I am speaking of. We were offered a tour, but politely declined as this was just a stay-over and not a vacation or lengthy stay.

We were on the top floor, away from the elevator so everything was quiet, which was nice. I also appreciated that I was given the option by front desk of any floor I wanted, and when I chose top floor, they asked if I wanted to be close to the elevator or away from it. We chose away.

The room itself was nice, except the bathroom. The bed was a king and very comfortable, the flat screen TV was large and nice, and it swivels so you can angle it towards the bedroom or towards the "living room" depending on where you are. The A/C worked well and kept the room nice and cool.

As mentioned, the only complaint was the bathroom. It was very small, the door, when closing, LITERALLY misses the toilet seat by about a tenth of an inch. The toilet paper, and to be honest I have only been in one or two hotels that had decent TP, was putrid. If you have to wipe, it is rough and very thin, so might rip. I know good TP can be expensive but management, is there a "middle ground" you can afford to purchase? I know it seems small but that is a bigger deal to people than you would think because if the room looks nice but they have to dread using the restroom, that leaves a lasting impression. In addition, our bathtub was leaking, only a drop every five to ten seconds, not even audible when in bed, but annoying when using the toilet or sink.

The free breakfast in the morning was very good. We were told it was a "continental" breakfast but in most hotels that is fruit and toast and coffee. This breakfast had oatmeal, eggs, french toast, bacon, sausage, cereal, bagels, orange juice, apple juice, etc. Thank god they had french toast, which was delicious by the way, because my absolute favorite hotel breakfast food is waffles and this hotel does not have a waffle maker. But the french toast certainly made up for it.

Check out was a breeze. I booked this hotel through Priceline so I got a pretty good deal and I appreciated never feeling like I was a "second tier" guest because of it. The staff never mentioned it, as I said, we got to choose the room we wanted, everything was good.

I also did utilize the gym which is small, but efficient for a quick workout. Some freeweights and a couple treadmills. I did 30 mins on the treadmill and some free weight work and got a nice sweat going. The treadmills even have a TV screen on them so you can watch whatever you want instead of one general TV for everyone in the gym.

My only knocks on the hotel are the bathroom (leak and terrible toilet paper) and how busy the street is right outside the hotel. If you need to get back to 270, good luck. You cant turn left except to go to the light, but the light was backed up for about a mile, not even kidding. I finally gave up because we moved ten feet for every light cycle and I went and turned right onto Rt 23 (away from highway) in an attempt to turn around. It took about five minutes to even turn right onto the street and I literally had to drive about a mile to find a turn-a-round spot.

But the positives far outweigh the small negatives and I will definitely look to stay here again the next time I need to stay in Columbus. The customer service is great, the breakfast is great, the room is good, and the price was excellent when using a third company site. I would recommend this hotel for any Columbus stay you might need.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shaun H
PatrickGM7490, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Shhaun H,

Thank you for your great review. I had two of our friendliest young gallery hosts working that night. We couldn't go wrong with either one so I am going to make sure to give them both a high five. I do have some good news in regards to the bathrooms. They are due for a complete renovation the 1st quarter of 2014. They promise to add some extra room which we could always use.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

80 people were fed 3 meals in meeting room 1 under very difficult cicumstances. We are strictly kosher and the hotel is not set up to accommodate kosher sedrvice. With a lot of planning on our part, we managed to plan it all out. Amber was our only helper. We offered to hire another person to help her, but at the last minute, no one was available. She worked like a trojan and was unfailingly pleasant, even though she was answering to a number of people. She is manager material. It happened to be her birthday, so we all sang happy birthday to her. A part of our family lives in Columbus and will recommend the Hyatt Place to everyone-especially if Amber is available!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank faith g

Faith G,

I have gotten so many positive reviews about Amber since she started with us last month. What a great find for our property. I know she was surprised and pleased that she was serenaded with Happy Birthday. A very nice gesture. We can not express how much we enjoyed your group. We were glad that we couild accomadate your family and hope to see you soon back in Columbus.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were part of a group of 40 rooms spending 3 nights at the hyatt place worthington.Staff exceptionally nice and accommodating. Rooms spacious and clean. All requests were taken care of immediately. Plan your next stay at this property, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ephy100

Ephy100,

Thank you for your fantastic review. We had a great time with your group and hope to see you again soon!

614-507-4462