Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskroom layoutsitting arealarge tvmorning breakfastsoccer tournamentbagelshot itemshot breakfasttwo double bedsfree breakfastwould stay here againstayed one nightother hotelscoffee makeroff the highwaygreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Dirty room, rude front desk staff, and rude manager. The staff was not even aware of their own policies. Diamond members get a late check out of 4pm. They decided to argue with us about it, as if a diamond member isn't aware of their own benefits? Very disappointing stay, I'm glad it was only one night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lorenita2005
PatrickGM7490, Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

I sincerely apologize for the lack of knowledge that was apparent during your stay. Diamond members are our elite tier guests. Please contact me directly so that I may recover from this service breakdown.
Warm Regards,
Alyson Ziskowski
Asst. General Manager
614-846-4355 ext. 5105

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We just stayed here recently for 3 nights. The location is convenient and close to all highways but the photos on the hotel's website are very misleading. The rooms are clean, but quite dated and the bathroom is so small that its hard to open/close the door with someone in it.

On the second day, we had no housekeeping service. I called the desk at 4pm and was assured that the housekeeping staff was not finished and they just didn't get to my room yet. We left for the evening and returned at 11pm and the room was still not cleaned. I called the front desk to ask for some fresh towels and was told the staff could not leave the desk and if I wanted towels I had to go down to the desk to get them so I did and received no explanation or apology.

The air conditioning unit in our room was the size of a couch and sounded like a helicopter was landing in our room. Also, it only had 3 dials (low, medium and high) and even on low it got really cold and when you turned it off for an hour it got really hot. In general, not a very comfortable stay. I'm not familiar with Columbus but I'm sure there are better options!

3  Thank YYZviajante

I apologize that your stay with us wasn't a comfortable one for you and your family. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and provide a home away from home. Please contact me directly if you will ever be in the Columbus area again. 614-846-4355 ext. 5105
Warm Regards,
Alyson Ziskowski
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My entire extended family gathered here this past week for a wedding. The hotel was easy to find and had a decent parking lot although if you have a car or a van, you practically ripped the bumper off each time you pulled into the entrance. The lobby was nice for our large family of around 40 people with several different sitting areas. The front desk was hard to spot and the computer screen is under the countertop and not at an angle so it leaves all of the personal information in plain view to everyone. The elevators were extremely slow. The room was very nice with a with a 'kitchen' area with a mini fridge and sink. The couch was perfect for two of my little ones to sleep on without having to make the pull out bed. The 'vanity' area had a nice size countertop with sink and huge mirror which was directly across from one of the beds-not a feature I appreciated. The bathroom was the SMALLEST bathroom I have ever seen. You pretty much have to stand on the toilet to open and close the door, and the door will not open or close with the bath mat on the floor. The breakfast downstairs was terrible. There was cereal, some bagel sandwiches, some fruit, and bagels and bread that were soggy. Teh toaster and the coffee wwere not even in the breakfast room which made it awkward to try to fix your plate. The coffee is only available during breakfast hours and when it's gone, it's gone with no apologies or offers to replenish. Some of the employess were very nice and knowledgeable and some were very rude and were obviously bothered by any questions. There are NO papers in the romo to tell you about the local area. The housekeepers made one bed and left he other alone (I'm guessing because my kids stuffed animals were still ont it, but other hotels still make the bed), and left us with 3 towels when we had 6 people in the room. I had a dirty washcloth and two dirty glasses while we were there. As my husband was doing the final check of the room, he found disgusting amounts of food that was not ours underneath the couch. Our number tag fell off the wall on our first morning there and remained off for our entire 5 day stay without anyone fixing it, even when we left the housekeepers tip underneath it on the counter. The pool wasn't bad. It is outside and a decent size. The pool deck furniture was very nice and the towels were always stocked, however, the filter did not appear to be running and there was a lot of debris in the pool even before the terrible thunderstorm we had while we were there. The temperature was in the upper 90s and after a very bad storm passed through, it took the staff nearly 24 hours to reopen the pool, so we feel we got shortchanged on the ammenities. There are restaurants within walking distance, although there are absolutely no sidewalks anywhere which makes it pretty dangerous. Overall , it wasn't horrible, but I certainly will never stay there or at another Hyatt again.

2  Thank NominivanFamof5
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel’s services, amenities, and location. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to Hyatt Place. It assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and that you do not discount all Hyatt and Hyatt Places as they are in all types of locations and offer a variety of services depending on the brand. We hope to see you during your next visit to Columbus.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Very nice hotel, modern furnishings ,good breakfast ,family friendly nice small bar area -nice staff,comfortable room-nice pool ,but very chilly-It also has starbucks coffee and delicious food items in the to go store.I would stay here again.

Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit at the Hyatt Place. We welcome families and want you to feel at home. We look forward to your next visit to Columbus/Worthington.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Arrived late in the evening June 1st, tired after traveling and a family Graduation. Greeted with an offer to provide food for us if needed. More than helpful, the Night clerk could not have been more welcoming.
The room was a good size, typical Hyatt Place style, easily accomodated my husband, myself and adult son.
Clean and welcoming.
Next morning we had a good Breakfast before hitting the road once again. It is meant to be a Continental Breakfast but they also offered scrambled egg and plenty of selection.
The Customer Service was what made this Hotel stand out, it was a nice surprise.
I would definitely stay here again if traveling through the Columbus area.

Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Traveling out of town can be exhausting, It is great that you were warmly greeted and made to feel at home. We look forward to your next visit to Columbus/Worthington.