“Nice Surprise”

Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Ranked #15 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Arrived late in the evening June 1st, tired after traveling and a family Graduation. Greeted with an offer to provide food for us if needed. More than helpful, the Night clerk could not have been more welcoming.
The room was a good size, typical Hyatt Place style, easily accomodated my husband, myself and adult son.
Clean and welcoming.
Next morning we had a good Breakfast before hitting the road once again. It is meant to be a Continental Breakfast but they also offered scrambled egg and plenty of selection.
The Customer Service was what made this Hotel stand out, it was a nice surprise.
I would definitely stay here again if traveling through the Columbus area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Traveling out of town can be exhausting, It is great that you were warmly greeted and made to feel at home. We look forward to your next visit to Columbus/Worthington.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The bathroom counter was so gross I put a towel down on top of it. Mold in the bathtub, broken stopper, poorly made bed, urine stains all over the toilet, the TV remote was missing the cover to the battery compartment. Stayed one night and got the heck out of there! Hyatt, what are thinking?

Room Tip: The air conditioners are located literally 14" away from the bed. Only stay here when the weath...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TTGG
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Hyatt Place in Columbus . The staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay . Hotel lobby and hallways are clean and my room was pretty big and very clean as well . Love the fact that my room had a widescreen 46 inch plasma TV a separate living room area and small bar with a refrigerator . Lots of vanity space and clean bathroom . I would definitely recommend this hotel for business trips or when traveling with family . They have free continental breakfast from 6:30 to 9:30 am ( english muffins , bagels , fruits , oatmeal, toast, yogurt, cereals , milk & juices ) . Location is great as its 20 min from downtown Columbus and plenty of restaurants in the area .

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Being away for 16 days is a long time and we do everything in our power to make your visit as comfortable as can be. We look forward to your return to Columbus/Worthington.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have been in Columbus for 16 days for business and staying at the Hyatt Place. The staff is wonderful. My room was always clean. The staff has totally helped us navigate the city and helped my co-worker and I find places to visit on the weekend and great restaurants to try. They have a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a few miles. I love the room, so spacious and nice, great 42" flat screen. I can say that if my company brings me back to Columbus I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Great alternative to staying DT because you are only 20 minutes (average traffic time included) away. A good GPS will guide you in, effortlessly. The hotel property is in close proximity to popular chain restaurants. My room was clean, modern decor, however, several large carpet stains were visable. Big TV with sleep timer on remote. Clean bathroom. Lots of vanity space. If you want to shop in Polaris, it's very close as well, maube about 10 minutes away. Friendly staff. Breakfast is free. Toast, bagels fruit, yogurt, coffee, juice pastries, oatmeal, and cereal. Other breakfast items, eggs, pancakes, etc., available for additional cost. I will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 5, 2012

For starters, this property is perfectly fine for a business or leisure stay. The guest rooms and common areas appear to be clean and well maintained, and the hotel is reasonably well priced. The staff is friendly. I would not dissuade someone from staying there. I just offer the following anecdote as failure of management of this hotel to put procedures in place to resolve guest problems in a timely and satisfactory manner.

My kvetch is this: My family and I checked in later in the day on the day of sell out (lots of youth soccer players around). We had booked a suite with two beds, but were informed, upon check in, that due to a "glitch" in their booking system, we had been assigned a handicapped room, which had one bed and a pull out couch. We understood, and did not want to make a big deal out of it. These things happen. However, my feeling was that since we were not getting what we bargained for (smaller room, no second bed) that the property ought to accommodate us with a lower rate. If I had asked for an upgrade from the room we had reserved, they rightfully and most assuredly would have demanded a higher rate. However, the front desk associate said that she did not have the authority to change the rate. We had to leave very early the next day, so I left my number for the manager to call so that we could discuss this. Seven days and counting -- no call.

My thought is this: Good hotel management means that you empower your line staff to make decisions to satisfy a customer there and then if you don't have management staff on property. If it's a matter that the associate truly should not be able to make a decision on (and I would argue that adjusting a rate 20% is not in that category), then a manager should promptly follow through to address the problem. If that does not occur, then the guest, who is already the aggrieved party, to spend time and energy pursuing management for a solution. This is hospitality folks. Put procedures in place to resolve these things.

Room Tip: Unless you are handicapped, avoid the handicapped rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JohnEGraf
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Staff was exceptionally friendly and suites were clean. The bed area was comfortable and the couch area was too. The flat screen TV between the two was nice. Suites have a separate work and wet bar area for relaxing. Bathroom is a little small, but adequate though. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Really nice italian restaurant next door and fish restaurant next to the that with seafood that's flown in daily. Ruth Chris' Steakhouse, Bob Evans, and a mexican restaurant withing a stone's throw away. Near major highways; but need a GPS to figure how to get in and out of place the first few times. Hotel could put single travelers away from families though as some people tend to allow their children to run and talk loudly up and down the hall at 11 p.m.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo