“AWESOME”
Review of Lai Lai Restaurant - CLOSED

Lai Lai Restaurant
“AWESOME”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Awesome and so so yummy for yours and everyones tummy.LAI LAI as very very good food and very reasonable price.Can't go wrong at all.Must Try

• Visited September 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Never Disappoints”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I used to eat at Lai Lai, at two different locations in the Columbus area. Then they went out of business, and we were devastated. We moved to another city, and when coming back through Columbus, found that a restaurant with the same name had opened. I feared that the previous owners might have sold the name, but no, it was the same people. The menu is much the same, and the food is of the same high quality. I am not a fan of "chain Chinese" food, much preferring independent restaurants of this style. Lai Lai never disappoints.

The husband especially enjoys the Hot and Sour Soup. I'm a fan of the Chicken Corn Soup. Where I currently live, eggrolls are bland and boring concoctions of mostly cabbage. Lai Lai's eggrolls are wonderful -- never greasy and full of flavor. Between the two of us, we've had many of the entree dishes and never had a bad one.

• Visited January 2013
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Went with family for dinner. We had smoked duck, shrimp with cashews, bird's nest chicken, soups and appetizers. The food was all very good. The service was prompt and friendly. The decor was generic Chinese restaurant style, nothing exciting.

• Visited January 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“So nice - ate there twice”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We loved the food at Lai Lai on our very first visit. The Hunan Chicken was amazing and the Chicken Fried Rice was yummy! Two days later we found ourselves back at Lai Lai - we were only in town for four days or it might have been more - and the meal was every bit as good as the first.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Sandi M
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Not just typical Chinese”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I, while travelling, saw this restaurant listed in a hotel website. It didn't have its own website, but it had many good reviews from other sites. We gave it a try and weren't disappointed. The menu had the normal faire but also had some variations listed as "chef's specials." My wife had Szchechuan chicken and I had a combo of beef, shrimp, chicken w/vegetables in a brown sauce. They were both delicious. We started off with Pork egg rolls - another plus. Too much to eat, but we didn't leave it. We're taking it home - 600 miles. Service was excellent; thoughtful, friendly, courteous, and well timed.

• Visited August 2012