“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #7 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Berlin Center, United States
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This Hampton was in a great location. There are several restaurants nearby and Polaris shopping center was only a few minutes away. The was staff friendly and helpful. I requested a room that was not on the smoking floor and the staff accommodated that request. Our room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was awesome. It was one of the best I have had at an inn. We used the pool and hot tub which were very clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share you review of our hotel. We have put some new items on our breakfast, it is nice to hear our guests are enjoying them.
Deedee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Illinois
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My second stay at this property was even better than the previous. Room was just as large, spacious and well laid out as the last trip, and service was every bit as good as the last time.
Luckily I had a little more relaxed schedule this time around and was able to use the pool/hot tub which was very nice and much larger than you'd expect for a Hampton Inn. Would be a huge plus if I were going to be in the area with my kids.
The fitness room, while very nice and clean, is just too small for a hotel of this size, and it can be difficult to get on a machine. They do have great equipment, though.
Breakfast has improved markedly in the 3 months since my last visit. This might be a system wide Hampton improvement, but however it came about it was a very nice surprise.
I will certainly continue to stay here when in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
One of the best compliments we can receive is a return guest! I do recall telling you to stay tuned for the new Hampton Breakfast remix. We really have worked hard to improve this amenity. I am glad you like it!
Take care and we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Staff was courteous and accommodating. Room was clean and appealing. We recently stayed in a Hampton in Salem, Virginia, where we had the same room at the same price with a refrigerator & microwave. We were disappointed that the room in Columbus didn't have the same amenities. There was a cold draft around the area by heating unit. My feet got cold sitting at the desk. Would I stay here again? Yes. Would I recommend it? Yes.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel and amenties. All of our studio suite rooms do have a microwave and small fridge as well as a sofa bed and small sitting area. I hope that during your next stay we can book this room type for you.
Deede
Glenview
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The location is convenient - very close to shopping centers and only 10 highway miles from Columbus downtown.
We've booked a single room with two queen beds. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. The only problem we experienced was the heating system. The AC/heating unit is set up to keep the temperature according to the thermostat. So, if it's one degrees higher, A/C unit turns on automatically. As we stayed there in November, it cooled down the room immediately and we had to turn up the temperature to heat the room again. Also, blowing almost all the time AC/heating unit was quite annoying.
Otherwise, everything was excellent!
It was also extremely convenient to have continental breakfast right in the hotel and dinner in the Polaris Grill on the same plaza.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback! We value you comments. I would like to contact you privately to know the room number you stayed in. The operation of the heating unit as you described is not the norm. I want to be sure we can look into this right away. We do hope you will be our guest again soon.
Avon, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We came to Columbus for our daughter to spend a gift card she got for Christmas. Hotel was a great value. My kids wished they could have went swimming, the pool looked fun. Would stay here again, breakfast wasn't the greatest.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you can come back and enjoy the pool with your family. We are working hard on making enhancements to our complimentary breakfast offereings. Your feedback is important to these changes.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Love the large two queen beds and sleeper sofa suite. Some other Hampton Inns have double beds but this one still has queen sized beds and suite also has sleeper sofa. Room spacious not cramped. Also has microwave and refrigerator. Close to shopping and many restaurants. Right off of Route 71 and just north of Route 270.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of our rooms with the Trip Advisor community. We are so glad you enjoyed our suite room with two queen beds. We hope you will be our guest again soon.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was my family's third stay at the Hampton in Polaris. We use it as a base of operations when we visit our son at Otterbein Univ. For this trip, I booked a two queen studio suite for the kids and a king studio suite for myself. The check-in process was fast and very friendly; they gave me access to my room at 11:00 a.m. with no additional charge. We were across the hall from each other. Both rooms were huge and immaculate. Both rooms offered a small fridge, microwave and a complimentary bag of popcorn! Beds were very comfortable. Even though the hotel was full, the hallways were virtually silent at night, so we all slept well. Everything worked (outlets, lights, tv, wifi). Breakfast was fine; it's hard to make scrambled eggs for 200 people, right! Coffee was excellent. Polaris got 7 inches of snow the day after I arrived. The staff loaned me an extra ice scraper so the kids and I could clean the car in half the time. I used the fitness center all three days. It was clean, peaceful and well-equipped. Business center offers free printing! After my son graduates, we will miss this hotel and its excellent staff very much.

Room Tip: Pond side rooms on higher floors have a nice view.