“Football Weekend”

Ranked #7 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Tallmadge
“Football Weekend”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at this property after attending an OSU football game. We were able to check in early on our way to the game. This made it easy to come back to our room after the game which was much appreciated since it was after midnight. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet even though the hotel looked full. The complimentary breakfast was nice the next morning. We already booked this hotel for the next OSU night game in a few weeks!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our Hampton. We have a quite a few regular OSU fans that stay with us. We are so glad to hear you will return! I look forward to meeting you.
Deedee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was at this Hampton Inn for a business conference with My Agency and the accommodations were nice. There was a hiccup at the front desk upon check-in but everything else was just fine. Love those gummi bears.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
We love having you! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and the new HHonors my way choices! We hope you can be our guest again soon.
Weehawken, New Jersey
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here for a personal trip with my family. We generally stay at Hamptons or Holiday Inn Expresses to avoid surprises while traveling with our son. This Hampton Inn was very typical, which is a good thing. I only have a pro list, but it only receives four stars because there was nothing about the hotel or staff that made it exceptional for its price range.

Pros:
1. Friendly and professional staff.
2. Rooms were nice and clean.
3. This Hampton Inn has a nicer pool and hot tub than most Hampton Inns.
4. The hot breakfast was decent.
5. The location is convenient off of Interstate 71.

I recommend this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and PRO list! We appreciate your insights
Illinois
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Making a 3 night business trip to Columbus, the Hampton Inn & Suites was one of the few hotels in the north suburban area not booked up. Turned out to be a very good choice. The hotel is very easy to find, and located just east of I-71 in the Polaris Development in far north columbus.
The hotel was pretty packed, but so quiet you could hear a pin drop, day or night. My room - which was basically a very large junior sweet was immaculate, very well appointed, and laid out perfectly for a business traveler. The pool looked very nice, but I didn't manage to make it there or the workout room, unfortunately.
In addition to the hotel itself, the Polaris area is amazing. Probably over 50 restaurants, ranging from fast food, through various sit-down chains, to bars and some more local fine dining establishments. Would have been a lot of fun if I was traveling with a companion or two.
My only real complaint would be about breakfast, which was mostly carbs, with some really poorly done scrambled eggs, and one day a meat. I know the rooms are better than the Fairfield next door, but they could learn from their breakfast offerings. Hard for a loyal Hilton fan to say, but true, and a pity as it was one of the nicest breakfast rooms I've ever seen in a hotel like this.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you so much for you feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Stay tuned to breakfast loyal Hilton guest! Hampton is working on some new breakfast offerings; we are all excited to see what is new.
We hope you will choose us again during your next visit to Columbus
United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

So nice to have a hotel right across the street from where I had my training. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows so fluffy, I slept very well. I was kind of worried when I opened my room and there was a funky smell. Everything seemed so clean and in order, but it was not a fresh smell. It went away as I ran the air for a few hours and when I came back to my room I could not sense it as bad as the first time I walked in. Anyway, I checked all over and it all seemed to be clean and in order. I was just there for business, so I only spent time there to sleep and make myself ready for my training across the street. It was very convenient to have a hotel within walking distance. All the people that work at this hotel were extremely nice and polite and made me feel welcome and safe.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for posting about your stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. I have contacted you privately so that I can follow up regarding the room issue you had, just in case you didnt have time to report.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Impressed with look of hotel. Breakfast very good and room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. The Bly problem, and it was minor, was that our door was very difficult to open from both in and outside. This would be a five other than this problem. Pool and workout room were also very nice. My next stay in Columbus will definitely be here.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for chosing us again and sharing your review. I have emailed you privately to ask if you had time to report this maintanence item, We want to be sure to have it repaired.
Dayton, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2013

When we arrived, we were pleased to find we had been upgraded to a suite for our anniversary! The woman at the desk was so, so kind and helpful. Once we checked into our spacious, clean, and cool suite complete with desk, couch, and HUGE bathroom space, we changed into our swimming suits. We were able to relax in the clean and very nice hot tub and swimming pool area until 11 p.m.! Very late for a hotel... :-) Luckily, no kids were running around, so it was pretty romantic and relaxing. Once it was time for sleep... the bed was SO COMFORTABLE!! Breakfast was also a pleasant surprise. Other than the standard (but still yummy!) continental breakfast fare of bagels, pastries, yogurts, fruit and cereals.. there was also eggs, sausage, and a waffle-making station. A DELICIOUS waffle-making station. Checking out was a breeze and we were able to buy discounted tickets to the Zoo... great trip! :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your annaversary with us! Hopefully we will see you again next year.