“Poor stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Ranked #7 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Hotel claims it is new, but, it is newly remodeled. Tub was chipped and stained, plaster on bathroom ceiling was falling down, had to make 3 attempts to get extra set of bedding, room carpet was stained, etc.; not a positive experience overall.

• Stayed: July 2013
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

We very much appreciate your feedback from your recent stay. I can assure you that your comments have been reviewed our senior management. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel, amenties and service. Feedback like yours help us identify areas that need improvements.
I am so sorry we feel short of your expectations during your stay. I promise your concerns will be addressed. I do hope that you would reconsider staying with us in the future if your travels do bring you back to our area.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel was Nice and Clean and close to restaurants and things to do. I highly recommend the Columbus Zoo and Water Park. The breakfast was good for a quick bite, but not the best breakfast food, having said that it is free, and you get what you pay for hahaha... Great Coffee though. The Staff were all very courteous and accommodating. I would stay here again if I ever need to go to Columbus in the future. I would recommend a suite with a refrigerator for a family though, it has more room to spread out.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback and tips. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your weekend with us!
We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

As Mary Poppins says: "Practically perfect in every way." That's how I felt about my most recent stay at Hampton Inn and Suites at Columbus Polaris. Our check-in was greeted with a smile and every question or concern answered. I've never had a check-in go so smoothly. Everyone was super nice and helpful. Even though we didn't get our requested top floor room, our room was located away from the elevators as we wished. It was quiet and we heard absolutely no noise from above the whole four-day stay. The only downside to the room was the air conditioner noise, the arctic blast sound, that I expect to hear at almost every hotel.

The room was well appointed with a sink, microwave and refrigerator along with a pull-out, hide-a-bed in the sofa. Another pleasant surprise was finding out that roll-aways were no charge as well! Unheard of. My kids never slept so well in separate beds. It was super helpful to our bottom line to have so many amenities included in the price of the hotel. I never felt like there was a "gotcha" waiting around the corner at the Hampton Inn Suites. I even went down to workout in the gym and found disposable earbuds for use as I had come down to workout without mine. Who does this?! They do.

The pool was absolutely lovely and my family spent many hours down there relaxing and enjoying the spa and pool. Check-out was easy and uneventful. The price I was quoted was exactly what was on my bill.

My only complaint about this establishment was the quality of the breakfast. We're also vegetarian so there were a few mornings where we couldn't eat any of the warm food aside from bagels and waffles, but we could always find something to eat and it was certainly enough to get our day started. The kitchen staff was delightful and hard working; if we needed something, they were there to help us and bust out a smile in addition.

I have stayed at various hotels in the Columbus area when I come back to visit friends and family, I will always check the availability at Hampton Inn and Suites at Columbus Polaris from now on before booking!

The room was well appointed with a sink, microwave and refrigerator along with a pull-out hide-a-bed in the sofa. Roll-aways were no charge as well! Unheard of. My kids never slept so well. It was super helpful to have so many amenities included in the price of the hotel. I never felt like there was a "gotcha" waiting around the corner at the Hampton Inn Suites. I even went down to workout in the gym and found disposable earbuds for use as I had come down to workout without them. Who does this?! They do.

My only complaint about this establishment was the quality of the breakfast. We're also vegetarian so there were a few mornings where we couldn't eat any of the warm food aside from bagels and waffles. But we could always find something to eat and it was certainly enough to get our day started. The kitchen staff was delightful and hard working; if we needed something, they were there to help us and bust out a smile in addition.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room away from the elevators. The stairs were super convenient for us and bur...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for this very nice review. We are so please you enjoyed your stay with us and we value your feedback.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I really didn't expect this! I arrived in the middle of the night to find a friendly face, clean hotel and a great room; all for a super price. I'll be back next time I'm I'm the area. The location is convenient to most things in Columbus.

• Stayed: June 2013

We are so glad that you'll be back as our guest. I hope that you will always feel free to give us your valued feedback.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I would rate this Hampton Inn as an average property.

Pros:
Great location very close to the Polaris shopping district.
Quiet- didn't hear noise from adjacent rooms or the hallway.
Comfy bed.
Lots of counter space in the bathroom.
Good breakfast.

Cons:
Room decor was kind of drab. Shower tile looked especially dated. Floral vine wallpaper in bathroom was not upscale-looking at all.
Mildew in one corner of tub/shower and in the corner where tub, wall and floor meet (commom places for mildew to form- shouldn't housekeeping be cleaning these spots with a shot of bleach or Tilex??)
Towels are THIN and ROUGH.
No towels on the shelf in workout room at 7 am...why weren't they prepared for the day??
Small workout room- only 2 treadmills, 1 eliptical, and 1 bike. And one of the treadmills was out of order. Temperature was warm, even though we adjusted the thermostat.
Debris on bottom of pool even though we went early in the morning.

Not a bad hotel by any means, but not worth the 4-5 stars most guests are giving it lately. Maybe my measuring stick is too strict???

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We truly appreciate your candid feedback from your most recent stay at our hotel. I can assure you that your comments have been reviewed by senior management. We are always looking for ways to improve our property and comments like yours help us identify areas that need improvements. We do apologize for falling short of your expectations during your stay and assure your concerns will be addressed. I do hope that you would reconsider staying with us in the future if your travels do bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very clean, staff helpful. Pool was great for grandson. Nice to be able to have nice breakfast without leaving the hotel. We were given directions to OSU by front desk. All employees were helpful when asked about locations for restaurants our first night.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for posting your feedback, we appreciate your comments. Hopefully you can come again to be our guest.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Columbus Ohio and couldn't have asked for more. The staff was pleasant and courteous, the room, bedding, etc outstanding. Convenient location, tasty breakfast, it was overall a winner!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you can come back soon!