“top choice for Columbus stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Ranked #7 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This is my second time staying at Hampton inn & Suites Polaris location. The hotel is the same as i remembered it. Same great big room and i enjoyed their breakfast offering there. The hotel itself still looks clean and new with no sign of wear. It's nearby many retail and food establishments (Polaris Mall) and there are a lot to choose from. Their fitness center is bigger than some of the Hampton that i have stayed in. Love that their cardio machines have individual TV and earbuds are provided and rarely busy. It's also nearby Urban Active if you like to exercise at nearby gym as i do.
During rush hour, there are lots of traffic on the main road, but it wasn't bad. I will definitely be back at this location next time i'm in town. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Leilani07
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us again! The team here works hard to make sure every experience for each guest is positive. You have a lot choices here in Polaris so this is a huge compliment for us.
We hope you can come back soon!

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We were in town for a visit to The Columbus Zoo and decided to stay at this Hampton Inn. Check in was easy, the king room was decent sized. There was an unsightly stain on the chair but rather than complain, we decided to just ignore the chair. The bathroom was huge with a stall shower. Plenty of warm water, just wish there was more than one tiny shelf in the shower. The place was packed so there was noise both at night and early in the morning but that is unavoidable when a hotel is running at capacity. The morning staff (front desk and breakfast staff) were super friendly and wanted to make sure we were happy. We walked by the gym and pool and they both looked nice, but we didn't use either facility. Bottom line is that it is a standard Hampton Inn in a very busy, central location with plenty of food and entertainment options available.

Room Tip: Our room was above the front entrance and accounted for some of the noise we experienced at night. M...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer M
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Thank you so much for chosing us during your visit to the Columbus Zoo. It is such an asset to our hotel being so close and such an easy drive to the zoo. I apologize that we missed this housekeeping issue in your room, we never want that to happen. I 've shared your comments with our team so that we can do a better job catching these important details.
I do hope you can come back for the summer and the opening of the Zoo's waterpark!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a good choice in the Northern Columbus area. The front desk staff was very welcoming and helpful. The hotel had a power outage that damaged the pool pump and a member of the front desk staff took the time to call me early on the day that I would be arriving on my cell phone to inform me that the pool would be closed and offered to move me to a different hotel. As I was just looking for a place to sleep and shower, this was not a problem for me so I stayed anyway.
The hotel is nice, bed very comfortable and bathroom very large and functional. Breakfast was good.
One thing that I noticed in this hotel was that the room seemed much darker than most Hampton Inns I have stayed in. I believe it was due to the dark colors of the walls and furniture.
One inconvenience is that you can only turn into the road the hotel is on from one direction. I had to travel to a different parking lot and then come back to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank exitramp

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel here. I am glad to report that the hotel fully recovered from that terrible storm, very quickly. Our desk and reservation agents are always happy to help with directions to help you navigate the growing Polaris area.
Take care and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at the end of March for a weekend get-away in a king bed suite. The room was clean and had plenty of space. The comfy bed, sofa, and swiveling TV made for a relaxing stay, as did the variety of nearby restaurants and stores. Breakfast was typical Hampton fare, but was maintained wonderfully by the attendants. Additionally, the fitness machines had personal TVs with headphones supplied - a nice touch. The only negative was a fire alarm at 5:30 am on the second night. It turned out to be nothing, but it ruined a deep sleep. I felt badly for the families with children and night manager.

Room Tip: The suite is a good value, especially if you book and pay in advance as we did.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ryan212121
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your weekend getaway and that you chose to spend it with us. Polaris is close to so many great things, it is perfect when you are looking for a couple days away.
I hope you feel free to contact me the next time you are in town. We always have great suggestions, guides and coupons for this area.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a king room at this hotel 4/14 overnight. The bed was comfy and the room was a decent size. The kicker was the bathroom - it was great! A beautiful, large vanity area and a good sized walk in shower! Check in was easy and the staff was very courteous and friendly. The only downside was the morning breakfast. The bacon was swimming in grease and the coffee/o.j. was subpar, but the cereals, fruit and muffins were good. Next time, we'll probably go to Panera for breakfast. We didn't get to use the pool facilities this go round but will next time as we will definitely stay here again! It was a great room, great location, and a great staff experience!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paula V
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

I am really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back. We do want to do a better job with our breakfast offering. I will share you comments with our managers and food service team members so that we can work on this.
We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stay at this hotel everytime I make a business trip to Columbus (which has already been multiple stays this year). The staff is great and are always accomodating. Anna and Mindi always do their best to make me feel at home which is always something to look forward to based upon my extensive travel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Columbus area!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Shane P

Thank you so much for the postive feedback! I hope you will continue to let us know how we can keep you coming back! We will continue to do our best to make us your first choice in Polaris!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

This has been the best hotel I have stayed at. The staff is extremely friendly, especially Anna. They know how to take care of the customers and I will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank funkydude23

We do appreciate the time you took to share your experience at our hotel with the tripadvisor community! Our team members are truly dedicated to making you feel welcome and well cared for. Please always feel free to let us know how we can better accomodate you.