“Nice hotel for business travel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Ranked #7 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 3, 2011

This happened to be very conveniently located to the business I needed to do. It's 10 or so minutes from the airport located right off the freeway and next to the "fashion mall" as well as about 100 restaurants. I was told Columbus is a popular test market for new restaurants and there certainly is many of them.

My room was clean and comfortable. Fairly standard amenities, I liked the free wireless, the fitness center was small, but in good condition. I never checked out the pool. The free breakfast was fine, and the service was good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

We are really pleased to have met these expectations! Getting feedback like this to share with our team is a huge treat. They all work really hard behind the scenes to accomplish this kind of experience for all of our guests.
We hope you can stay with us again,
Take care,

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed over after an awards dinner. The check in was fast and efficient. The hotel was quite busy because of a large group (not with us) we got an upgrade to a suite. An unexpected bonus! The suite was quite spacious, very clean and well appointed. All of the staff that we dealt with were very friendly. The hotel is easy to find off of I-71.The parking is free and convenient. It was only about a 15 minute drive to our event in Downtown Columbus. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have stayed in Columbus many times but this is the first time we've stayed in the Polaris area. This hotel has a great location with tons of restaurants and easy access to I-71! We will stay here again for sure! The hotel is newer and everything was clean and nice, breakfast was good quality, and service was friendly. Parking seemed somewhat limited although I'm pretty sure the hotel was booked full those nights. Seems like a safe area too, which can be hard to find in Columbus these days.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

I expected a top experience here given the prior reviews and these were all met or exceded. Friendly desk staff, spotless rooms and public areas, and courteous breakfast room staff. I appreciated that they still had coffee and food available even after the 10AM sign posted. Ample newspapers, and good free WiFi (I speed tested it at 6.5 download and 6.7 upload, quite good for public WiFi) made this lodging comfortable. Beds were comfortable, soft but very supportive. The hotel was full and I paid over $140, nearly the price of the Hilton in the area. We were alarmed when we got in at 1AM on a delayed flight and was told that the hotel was full. The night clerk seemed confused that we used the online check in at the airport that evening and we had the last room and room number confirmed in advance No problem, the surprised clerk gave us the keys, not expecting any more check-ins that night.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This was our first trip to Columbus and we had no clue where to stay. We got this hotel suggestion from the columbus zoo's website. We were very impressed with this hotel. The Staff was
VERY nice and helpful. The room was very welcoming and spotless. I am a very big "Germ Freak" and do not like staying in hotels, but I felt very comfortable there. The bedding was very fresh and clean, I normally use my own bedding but I didnt feel the need to. The hotel location was perfect. TIt was practically on the same road as the Columbus Zoo, and there were a very wide variety of stores and resaurants to go to. Polaris is a very beautiful area and we were very impressed! We will definatly be going back and staying at this Hampton.

Room Tip: The king Suite was a very Beautiful room with plenty of living space if you are staying for a few ni...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

I can wait to share you comments with our housekeeping team! We work very hard so that every guest during each stay can have this kind of experince with us. We really appreciate your feedback.
Take care and we will look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

If you are looking for a hotel with downtown access without the downtown prices, the Hampton Inn & Suites Polaris fits the bill. I stay at Hampton Inns quite frequently because of the quality, complimentary breakfast, available fitness center, and complimentary WiFi. Most of my travel is for business and these are necessary for one who is on the road.

The location on Polaris gives you access to Polaris Mall and the Polaris shopping strip (good shopping and lots of restaurants). This can be a bit of a downside as traffic is heavy most times of the day. If you are not familiar with the area, finding the Hampton Inn when traveling on 71-S can be difficult. You have to exit at Gemini Place, which takes you around the mall and to Polaris Road. The Hampton Inn Polaris is on Pulsar Place, which feels like an access road. Good directions are a must until you find the hotel for the first time.

I would stay here again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thanks so much for you informative review. I very much appreciate you sharing you directional tip from 71 Southbound exit #121.
We hope to see you again soon!
Take care,

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel on two occasions and will make reservations again there. The location is wonderful, close to a myriad of shops and restaurants and right off of I-71. It's a little hard to spot, at first, because it sits behind a Wingate Hotel, but because of that location, it is quiet without the traffic noise. Our room was a lovely king room with a huge bathroom, all very clean and fresh looking. The desk clerks were especially helpful in giving us maps of the area for shopping and eating places and one even did a quick internet search for us. The hotel does offer an office area with two computers for the public, a nice exercise area and a pool. You won't be disappointed in the breakfast here - lots of variety in foods and a large eating space. The breakfast was well-attended, too, so areas were constantly refreshed. The first time we were here, there was a mix-up in our reservation so we were upgraded to a suite; now THAT was nice. We love this place. It's our go-to hotel for Columbus visits.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

It is a real pat on the back when we have return guests! It is our pleasure to earn this privledge! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your knowledge of our area and our property with the TripAdvisor community.
I hope that you will always let us know how we can best care for you while you are in Columbus.
Take care and see you soon!