“Another top review, exceeded high expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Ranked #8 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Portland, Oregon
“Another top review, exceeded high expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

I expected a top experience here given the prior reviews and these were all met or exceded. Friendly desk staff, spotless rooms and public areas, and courteous breakfast room staff. I appreciated that they still had coffee and food available even after the 10AM sign posted. Ample newspapers, and good free WiFi (I speed tested it at 6.5 download and 6.7 upload, quite good for public WiFi) made this lodging comfortable. Beds were comfortable, soft but very supportive. The hotel was full and I paid over $140, nearly the price of the Hilton in the area. We were alarmed when we got in at 1AM on a delayed flight and was told that the hotel was full. The night clerk seemed confused that we used the online check in at the airport that evening and we had the last room and room number confirmed in advance No problem, the surprised clerk gave us the keys, not expecting any more check-ins that night.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

This was our first trip to Columbus and we had no clue where to stay. We got this hotel suggestion from the columbus zoo's website. We were very impressed with this hotel. The Staff was
VERY nice and helpful. The room was very welcoming and spotless. I am a very big "Germ Freak" and do not like staying in hotels, but I felt very comfortable there. The bedding was very fresh and clean, I normally use my own bedding but I didnt feel the need to. The hotel location was perfect. TIt was practically on the same road as the Columbus Zoo, and there were a very wide variety of stores and resaurants to go to. Polaris is a very beautiful area and we were very impressed! We will definatly be going back and staying at this Hampton.

Room Tip: The king Suite was a very Beautiful room with plenty of living space if you are staying for a few ni...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
I can wait to share you comments with our housekeeping team! We work very hard so that every guest during each stay can have this kind of experince with us. We really appreciate your feedback.
Take care and we will look forward to having you with us again.
NE Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

If you are looking for a hotel with downtown access without the downtown prices, the Hampton Inn & Suites Polaris fits the bill. I stay at Hampton Inns quite frequently because of the quality, complimentary breakfast, available fitness center, and complimentary WiFi. Most of my travel is for business and these are necessary for one who is on the road.

The location on Polaris gives you access to Polaris Mall and the Polaris shopping strip (good shopping and lots of restaurants). This can be a bit of a downside as traffic is heavy most times of the day. If you are not familiar with the area, finding the Hampton Inn when traveling on 71-S can be difficult. You have to exit at Gemini Place, which takes you around the mall and to Polaris Road. The Hampton Inn Polaris is on Pulsar Place, which feels like an access road. Good directions are a must until you find the hotel for the first time.

I would stay here again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for you informative review. I very much appreciate you sharing you directional tip from 71 Southbound exit #121.
We hope to see you again soon!
Defiance, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel on two occasions and will make reservations again there. The location is wonderful, close to a myriad of shops and restaurants and right off of I-71. It's a little hard to spot, at first, because it sits behind a Wingate Hotel, but because of that location, it is quiet without the traffic noise. Our room was a lovely king room with a huge bathroom, all very clean and fresh looking. The desk clerks were especially helpful in giving us maps of the area for shopping and eating places and one even did a quick internet search for us. The hotel does offer an office area with two computers for the public, a nice exercise area and a pool. You won't be disappointed in the breakfast here - lots of variety in foods and a large eating space. The breakfast was well-attended, too, so areas were constantly refreshed. The first time we were here, there was a mix-up in our reservation so we were upgraded to a suite; now THAT was nice. We love this place. It's our go-to hotel for Columbus visits.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
It is a real pat on the back when we have return guests! It is our pleasure to earn this privledge! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your knowledge of our area and our property with the TripAdvisor community.
I hope that you will always let us know how we can best care for you while you are in Columbus.
Take care and see you soon!
Anderson, IN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

It is a good lesson that one should check and re-check your personal items when you leave your room. We unfortunately left a two items in our room which was a cell phone charger and a very nice blouse. I called Housekeeping and left a message describing the cell phone charger. They called me back and said they found a charger and would mail it to me. When I received the charger over a week later, it was a very old dated charger that did not even work. Also, the charge on my credit card was $16.19 and I couldn't help but think as to why they didn't use a bubble pack envelope and send it regular mail. Regarding the second item, it was never found.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Karen P
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel service and amenties. We appreciate your time. I am very concerned to hear of the stuggles you encountered in regards to the return of your left items. I want to help you receive the correct items if I can. We keep all left guest items for 90 days. Please contact myself or Lawrence at the hotel so that we can work to get your left items back to you. Our phone number is 614-885-8400. I am so very sorry for these errors and I thank you very much for the antisipated opportunity to make it right.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Niles, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

This property was very clean and comfortable. The king bed was excellent. The room was very quiet. The hot tub was hot and the pool was just right. This was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so pleased to hear you had a restful time with us. We are very near shopping, OSU stadium and the Columbus Zoo. All fun things to do and visit during the winter months. I hope we will have the opporunity to have you as our guest again soon.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I truly enjoyed my stay here! Never have I seen such a friendly staff or cleaner rooms! The location was right next to many nice restaurants and the very cool North Market.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for your positive review of our property and team. We look forward to having you again as our guest.