“Best service in town, good food too!”
Review of Surly Girl Saloon - CLOSED

Surly Girl Saloon
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed August 12, 2012

An unexpected busy evening at Surly Girl was a wonderful experience. The staff was overwhelmed but handelded it very well. We came in with a family of four, two very hungry kids. Fritto pie appetizer stat, a little later with the delay, two free cupcakes. Life is too short not to enjoy dessert first sometimes:). Overall great experience. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Burt B
There are newer reviews for Surly Girl Saloon

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is one of the places I almost don't want to review because I don't want the word to get out. Whenever I am in town my brother and I always make a beeline for this place. The beers are cheap, the food is inventive but casual and the atmosphere just can't be beat--totally hipster but in an edgy, western bordello kind of way.

1  Thank cancemini4
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Surly Girl was packed on our very first visit late on a Thursday night. We got stuck in the back room with no server, had to go to the bar to order everything. That's ok, because waiting for a table out front was taking for ever.
Frito pie was a little over rated, but still good. I wish there was more chilli on it. The Surly Girl Pizza was awesome!!!! Drinks were good and a very good price. ($2 mixed drinks, and $1 PBR drafts during happy hour!). Our food came out over our whole party very slowly (over about 20 minutes for our whole party), but that may have been due to the lack of server.
The Short North district is very eclectic and alternative. We had a great time!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Fun, great people. Eclectic, homey, tasty menu. i always want to order 5 things!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

After hearing how great this place, especially for their ability to accommodate vegans, I had high hopes. But they were dashed. Vegan food- yes. Good food- no. For the price, the quality is way too low. The place seemed pretty dirty, as well, with a greasy film on everything and the scent of rotten dishrag on the table.

I am glad they have vegan options, but I would not choose this place for the food. If your primary objective is to drink and the cleanliness is acceptable to you, then SurlyGirl will do just fine.