“nice dinner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Due Amici

Due Amici
Reserve with OpenTable
Due Amici is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 2,153 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd and High
Transit: Please visit www.cota.com for bus times and routes.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“nice dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

a business colleague and I had a nice dinner, a good glass of wine and the place seemed very lively on a Weds nite.

Visited October 2012

Chillicothe, Ohio
“Had a nice time at Du Amici, wish they'd reword the menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Met up with a group of friends at Du Amici on a Thursday night. I was surprised at how busy they were! They were accomodating at least 3 other large parties of 10 or more, and we were a group of 8.
Our server was new, and she did ok. Not wonderful, but she tried very hard. She communicated to us how busy the kitchen was and that we might want to order some appetizers because the wait for our meal would be a while. We ordered the gnocchi, the artichoke dip, and the stuffed peppers. The gnocchi sounded great on paper, but fell a little short of expectations. They were good, but not incredibly flavorful. The spiniach and artichoke dip with thin slices of bread was delish, possibly the best I've ever had. My husband really enjoyed the stuffed peppers, but they were too spicey for my taste.

Dinner was very good. Members of our party got the Ohio and Marherita pizzas (both very tastey, the Ohio pizza was exceptionally different and very flavorful), the 5 cheese lasagna (AMAZING, the best I've ever sampled, my husband cleaned his plate), diavolo (good), and the walleye (the 3 who got this raved about it).

The only thing that got me was the wording on the menu. The menu wasn't very wordy, and made things sound completely different than what you got. For example, the description for the 5 cheese lasagna was "Spinach & artichoke, mozzarela, parmesan, ricotta, provolone, asiago, and carrot sweetened pomadoro." However, this description doesn't help envision how it is actually served. The spinach was actually fresh spinach and it was piled on top of the large square of lasagna and a drizzle of balsamic was on top. If I didn't like balsamic vinegar or fresh spinach, I would not have been happy. The description makes me think of the spinach and artichoke dip perhaps cooked in the layers, which wasn't the case.

Another example was the stuffed peppers, which said "House made sausage, red wine tomato sauce, onion, ricotta salata." Sounds good. However, the stuffed peppers were not the traditional bell peppers, but a spicey long pepper instead, (my husband theorized Hungarian hot wax peppers). Had the description told me about the peppers, I wouldn't have ordered them.

So I wish they would reword their menu to more accurately reflect what the food consists of. Otherwise, this experience was very nice. We'll be back. :)

• Visited November 2012
Powell
“Going back to Martinis”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a rare date night with my wife here this past Saturday night. The hostess and wait staff were very good. I ordered the caprese salad, but some tomatoes were under-ripe. My wife had a different salad, and asked for no goat cheese. After a few bites, she tasted goat cheese, which had obviously been put on and then removed. Her skimpy chicken carbonara ($24), was so-so. My $38, supposedly 8-oz filet, with exactly 13 well-cooked sea beans, and a small handful of overcooked red potatoes was ordered medium rare, but ended up being nearly raw in the middle. They were busy, and I didn't want to make a fuss, so I choked down as much as I could before having them cook the center again. Apologies were made, but no offer of giving me something off for the error. We definitely will never eat here again. Going back to Martinis. I don't mind spending a lot for a great meal, but they have a lot of nerve charging $38 for a steak without a chef who knows how to judge the doneness of a steak. Simply unacceptable.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Columbus, Ohio
“Attempts at excellence fall short”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The menu is enticing but thee food is ony average. The owner seems to do a better jobv with his stalls at the North Market. ALthough the menu features many classic dishes familar to Italian Americans, this is not mama's food. I prefer to buy the ingredients at Pastaria Secunda at the North Market and assemble them at home.

Visited January 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Solid choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We love to go here for a great meal and good wine/drinks. Service is outstanding. Have been about 5 times and never had a bad meal. Menu is a little limited, but the specials do not disappoint.

Visited August 2012

Been to Due Amici? Share your experiences!