“Verdi Restaurant & Pizzeria”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Verdi Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #1,380 of 2,255 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Pizza
Columbus, Ohio
“Verdi Restaurant & Pizzeria”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Wedding soup delicious as was the lasagna. However I asked for Chicken Picatta and it was made with PORK, not chicken. I like pork, but it was not good. I did like that it came with angel hair pasta though. However I could barely taste the lemon but I added some. Place very small, service ok, salads small and very boring.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Nikki50226

Lewis Center, Ohio
“Awful Service”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My husband and I went here last week to eat. It was about 2 in the afternoon. Even though the sign said open and the hours posted on the door said they should be open- they were closed. My daughter and I tried to go today since we got a restaraunt.com certificate for it. It advertised pizza and pasta buffet beginning at 11. We arrived at 11:30 and there was not a single item out. it looked like the only employee working had just arrived. Well, sometimes things happen, so we thought we would just order a pizza. We ordered and told him we had a restaraunt.com certificate. It was a valid certificate, but he would not honor it. Third strike and we were out of there. He was downright rude about it even though we did nothing wrong. He said they were cheating. Whatever. I would have loved to eat there, but the undependable hours and lack of hospitality will keep me away forever.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ginr22
Ohio
“Be patient, it will be worth the wait”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I find the food at Verdi to always be excellent, really the best Italian entrees I've had in Columbus. While there is no doubt that the service is less than stellar (often slow and not the most attentive) and the bread that comes with dinner as well as the salad are lame, I go in (and go back) with the right mind set because the entrees are just that good. My wife loves their gnocchi, while I always seem to end up ordering the seafood marcecata. Always plentiful, always darn tasty. It's been a short bit since we've been in and just read that they remodeled and have a patio open now. If you are a New York style pizza fan, again outstanding in a city that lacks this type of pizza.

So be patient, don't leave because you will be very happy you stayed.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Buckeye_Seth
Columbus, Ohio
“Amazing food (slightly sub par service)”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Had a coupon and had been wanting to try for a while. Definitely worth the wait.

The food was incredible. We loved almost everything.We ordered crab cakes for an appetizer. Then I ordered shrimp scampi and wedding soup and my hubby got shrimp alfredo with a side salad. His salad was brought out immediately. Then around 5 minutes later our crab cakes came out. And then my soup right after the app. The crab cakes were delicious, perfectly browned and very flavorful. The wedding soup was maybe the best I've ever had. The salad was pretty lame, just lettuce and cheese with a couple chunks of tomato.

Dinner was out of this world good. I can't swear that the pasta was homemade but it certainly tasted like it was! If it wasn't, it was the best dried pasta on the planet! Wine and beer selection was good. Dessert choices were slim but picked the Tiramisu and it was wonderful! I've been thinking about it since, I'm ready to drive back just for another piece!!

The service the whole meal left something to be desired. It's not exactly a romantic environment, just the bare minimum decoration wise. I think the owner waited on us but not certain. He was knowledgeable about the menu but slow with refills. Pricing was very reasonable.

We will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank lasvegasjunkie
Central Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food-modest prices”
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Verdis is not fancy-you will not see costumed waiters-but the owner/chef, who speaks English as a second language and is a little hard to understand, takes pride in his food, and he serves up distinctive, delicious dishes. The small but clean restaurant is not suited for big parties, but for remarkable food at about $40 for two with wine, it is hard to beat.

1 Thank MattMor