“Absolutely the BEST Mexican food in Columbus at a value that is affordable for everyone” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Acapulco

El Acapulco
Ranked #1,275 of 2,214 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I ordered #36, the Ohio Special - a platter bursting with flavor, including a chicken enchilada, a chicken chimichanga, a cheese stuffed pablamo pepper and a chicken burrito. Each were bursting with all white meat chicken and smothered in a sauce. The flavor was out of this world and it came on the typical HOT plate that keeps you food warm, as you struggle to eat it all.
I hadn't eaten all day and this platter was the perfect choice for a hungry appetite. Of course, I crunched on fresh, warm chips and fresh salsa while I waited for my meal. I was seated by the cashier and every person who left the restaraunt expressed how wonderful their food was so I couldn't wait to get my meal. I have a habit of eating one thing at a time and could only finish the enchilada and 1/2 of the burito before I boxed the rest to enjoy later.
Will definately come back to El Acapulco as often as possible while in Columbus. It is so close to all the hotels in the area and convenient to get to. LOVED IT!

• Visited August 2013

Columbus, Ohio
“Good Food & Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great Mexican food, great drinks, nice patio to sit on and a wonderful staff! What more could you ask for?

• Visited June 2013
Xenia, Ohio
“Restaraunt Named for the Hometown of the Owner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've seen someone review this restaurant as not being authentically Mexican. I was seated by the owner, who told me about the fact that she comes from Acapulco, and that's why this restaurant has the name El Acapulco. The food is indeed genuine Mexican cuisine, and the owner specifically asked me after I had finished my meal if I liked the food (I did). I got the sense that this restaurant was her pride and joy. Since it was a gorgeous evening, I took advantage of the outdoor seating. The server was very friendly and efficient, and the meal was served very promptly. The one MINOR negative was that the inside of the menu had some food residue on it--likely from the complimentary salsa and tortilla chips that are brought out to tables while customers are still looking over the menu. I would recommend this place, as I did last time I was in the area about a year ago.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mount Vernon, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic, reasonably-priced Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Good atmosphere - friendly staff - family owned and operated. Authentic food with large plates and portions. The only bad thing was the booth we sat it, which wasn't very comfortable and the booths were too far from the table. My GF is a short Filipina and I moved the table close to her, which meant I had to basically sit on the very edge of my seat to reach the table. It was full when we went with a big birthday party, so we were stuck with that booth (right by the bar). If you sit at a regular table with chairs instead of a booth, you will probably find this to be a damn nice dining experience.

Visited May 2013
Oregon, Ohio
“Nice, but food could have been warmer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

The food was very tasty and the staff pleasant. We did arrive late Friday night but the food was lukewarm only.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ramirezmp

Been to El Acapulco? Share your experiences!