“Up to Abuelo's Standards, which are great!”
Review of Abuelo's

Abuelo's
Ranked #96 of 2,243 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Our new extended Happy Hour includes Sunday 11 am - 6 pm and Saturday 11 am - 6 pm. We continue to include great offerings M-F 3pm - 7 pm though! Catering is also an option, our staff are adept at delivering a professional, hassle-free and delicious meal. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
Rock Hill, Sc, Usa
“Up to Abuelo's Standards, which are great!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Abuelo's is one of my favorite restaurants and I was pleased to find one in Easton. I was seated quickly and served immediately. At about 6 PM it was about 30% occupied but it was clear that they were staffed for a full room so service was good. I was there just a short while due to great service and my appetite for their food. In that time about 30 more people arrived and I'm not sure that any left. Still ample room. Even though they have a great menu I don't often stray from my enchiladas.

Visited July 2012

Arlington, Texas
“What a disaster”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We ate at Abuelo's on a week night with a large party. They assigned us 3 servers; one was a complete airhead, one was a jerk, and one was on his first day on the job. We waited 20 minutes to order drinks which came out wrong. After ordering, it took well over an hour to get our food. The queso came out with a large hair in it (to which the waiter was unresponsive.) The manager came out with our food and set it on a tray next to our table and walked off! After waiting to be served by our absent waiters, we served ourselves off the tray. My food came out wrong, and when I (finally located him and) asked the waiter about it, he said,"What do you want me to do about it?" At that point, I was so irritated, I just sent the plate back and didn't eat. We were never asked about or given drink/water refills, no one ever asked us how the food was (mediocre at best), and when we asked to talk to a manager, he conveniently disappeared. Horrible experience.

• Visited July 2012
Groveport, Ohio
“Lovely place to eat”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The restaurant reminds you of the ceilings in Vegas, the food is good, not too expensive. Have gone several times and like it everytime.

Visited April 2012
Bradenton, Florida
“We're Really Disappointed.”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Abuelo's has been our favorite Mexican restaurant for the past three years but corporate has recently changed the recipes and the quality of the food has dramatically declined. Salsas are pasty and tasteless, sauces taste like they emanate from a #10 can. Bring back the old recipes and we will return. If not - hasta la vista baby!

Visited June 2012
Millersburg, Ohio
“Great Restaurant, Great Food.”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We have visited Easton Town Center in Columbus many times and stopped at Abuelos for the first time last week. The atmosphere was inviting, comfortable and I felt like I was in a Mexican village. I saw so many good things on the menu that I had trouble choosing, but I saw that Enchiladas were the house specialty. Oh my gosh! The meal was delightful and tasty. Highly recommend this restaurant. I can't forget to mention the service...some of the best we've had at a restaurant.

• Visited May 2012