“What a disaster”

Abuelo's
Ranked #107 of 2,275 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Our new extended Happy Hour includes Sunday 11 am - 6 pm and Saturday 11 am - 6 pm. We continue to include great offerings M-F 3pm - 7 pm though! Catering is also an option, our staff are adept at delivering a professional, hassle-free and delicious meal. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We ate at Abuelo's on a week night with a large party. They assigned us 3 servers; one was a complete airhead, one was a jerk, and one was on his first day on the job. We waited 20 minutes to order drinks which came out wrong. After ordering, it took well over an hour to get our food. The queso came out with a large hair in it (to which the waiter was unresponsive.) The manager came out with our food and set it on a tray next to our table and walked off! After waiting to be served by our absent waiters, we served ourselves off the tray. My food came out wrong, and when I (finally located him and) asked the waiter about it, he said,"What do you want me to do about it?" At that point, I was so irritated, I just sent the plate back and didn't eat. We were never asked about or given drink/water refills, no one ever asked us how the food was (mediocre at best), and when we asked to talk to a manager, he conveniently disappeared. Horrible experience.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

The restaurant reminds you of the ceilings in Vegas, the food is good, not too expensive. Have gone several times and like it everytime.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Abuelo's has been our favorite Mexican restaurant for the past three years but corporate has recently changed the recipes and the quality of the food has dramatically declined. Salsas are pasty and tasteless, sauces taste like they emanate from a #10 can. Bring back the old recipes and we will return. If not - hasta la vista baby!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We have visited Easton Town Center in Columbus many times and stopped at Abuelos for the first time last week. The atmosphere was inviting, comfortable and I felt like I was in a Mexican village. I saw so many good things on the menu that I had trouble choosing, but I saw that Enchiladas were the house specialty. Oh my gosh! The meal was delightful and tasty. Highly recommend this restaurant. I can't forget to mention the service...some of the best we've had at a restaurant.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have eaten many times at Abuelo's and enjoyed the food every time. Their food is very well-prepared, very high quality and reasonably priced. I've tried many of the other Mexican restaurants in the area but in my opinion this is the best in Columbus.