“Exceeded Expectations”

Residence Inn Columbus Downtown
Ranked #27 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed February 14, 2011

The location was great and staff was welcoming and helpful; but what I really loved was the room itself. Extraordinarily comfortable, spacious, well-decorated, and more luxurious than I was expecting. I was ready to move in! The view wasn't great, but it's a downtown hotel; buildings are close together, that's the way it is. We slept late and missed breakfast, but there were other good dining options nearby. I only wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Victoria H
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Columbus Downtown

Reviewed February 14, 2011

This is an interesting old bank building, turned hotel. A little odd to have a wide open lobby not being used, but Marriott has obviously tried to be creative with the decor and it's tastefully done. Hotel is only 3 yrs old. Nice downtown location so you can walk to the Palace, Capitol, etc. theaters. Also easy to jump on freeways from there.
Not the best bed (taco bed), but the front desk was glad to know that and said they'd make note of it so it could be corrected.
We had a loud party staying on our floor. Kept us up half the night. The front desk gave us half off our second night. Great service, as always, at a Marriott.
Parking not worth the price. You can pay $5/day at a lot just behind the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Beautifully decorated rooms include a full kitchenette, with a stainless fridge and dishwasher, granite counters, nice living-room seating area. Very quiet - never heard any neighbors while I was in my room. The staff are extremely helpful. Great location for convention goers. Short walk to the Greater Columbus Convention Center on High St. Cab ride is between $5 and $6, which we did take advantage of because the sidewalks on High St. were icy. Overall, this is a very nice place to stay for the money!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2011

This hotel occupies a former bank building in the commercial / government part of the city centre. On arrival check - in was quick and first sight of (twin bedroom) accommodation very reassuring. Good size , very clean and played well with our party of five. Staff here are generally very friendly and helpful and the (inclusive) breakfast is of a very high quality. Immediate area offers a few good bars and restaurants (try Due Amici and the Tip Top bar , both virtually opposite the hotel) and a short stroll away finds the Arena district with plenty more - Gordon Biersch proved very popular with our crowd. Not an area for shopping , though. We were here to attend a wedding and as such the location worked well for us and I can only add to the chorus of approval for this hotel . A gem.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
sfinnell, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2011

Dear: guilfordtravel59
Wow! Thanks so much for the glowing review. We are glad you enjoyed our historic building with modern stylings. Their’s nothing like the “suite” life! We also think Tip Top are great eats. We hope to see you soon.

Robert Kennedy

Reviewed January 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed on NYE 2010. We live locally and just wanted to get away for an evening. We decided on your hotel because of the reviews that had been written and because we saw nothing in regards to bed bugs. We attended the Bluejackets game and kicked around the arena district for the night, so the walk to and from wasn't to far. The hotel was staff was very polite, our room was very nice and the cleanest room we'd ever stayed in anywhere. We'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Happy New Year! We’re happy you kicked in the new year with us. Thanks for your nice review & our housekeeping staff with love to hear your praises about room cleanliness. Hope to see you soon!

Robert kennedy

Reviewed November 25, 2010

Staff was pleasant and helpful. Internet service was flawless, good variety of breakfast foods in morning. Unique setting in old bank, enjoyed the architecture of building. The only minus is the $20 a night valet parking. A nice experience overall.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
dheinlein, Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

Thanks for your review travelinglady60! So glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the historic qualities of the hotel. Hope to see you again next time you’re in Columbus!

Best,

Rob Kennedy, General Manager

Reviewed November 23, 2010

This hotel was a fantastic. It was great. It was the best price I have paid for a hotel room ever for what I got for it. WOW WOW WOW.

The bed.. my god was like being held in your mother's arms. I cannot remember a better bed ever. It is better than my own bed.

There are only a few niggles... no windows opened. I am australian .. I need fresh air, And there was the incident with the steak I was cooking .. where because their was no extraction fan I may have set off the fire alarm... for some time...

Breakfast..was in review probably the best out of a very bad bunch of five weeks travel in country that has forgotten what food is and should be. But I will give a honest Australian assessment of it. One day there was this thing with white sauce (I understand it was 'country gravy' and crumbled 'sausage' ... good lord .. you feed this to people? My dog would have objected. And she god rest her doggy soul would have eaten anything. The coffee really let them down. What is with this drip rubbish.. get an expresso machine.. you don't need an operator... Real milk comes from cows. People put it in coffee. Real milk does not come from powder, nor is it 2% ? The only thing I could eat was my bagel .. every morning. The butter was not even yellow, so I had to have cream cheese. SIGH.

The staff were tops. The building was fab. Very strange renovation on the ground floor. needs to be redone.... urgently. Why couldn't I just park directly in the car park instead of having to tip and pay valet charges? The room service menu for the resturant across the road was out of date.

The internet was free .. big ticks .. and it was not rubbish unlike some nameless overpriced hotels in New York and Washington

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear Allison Jane,

Thank you so much for your review! We’re glad you chose our hotel on your visit to Columbus and that you slept well. My apologies that you didn’t enjoy breakfast, and thank you for letting us know about the room service menu. Hope to see you again if you return to Columbus!

Take care,