All reviewsbank buildingvault doorgay streetbourbon barvalet parkingfull kitchenthe breakfast areaunique hotelbreakfast is servedvalet servicefront desk staffbedroom suiterooms are spaciousshort northwould definitely stay here againrestaurants and barsfree breakfast
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Staff was pleasant and helpful. Internet service was flawless, good variety of breakfast foods in morning. Unique setting in old bank, enjoyed the architecture of building. The only minus is the $20 a night valet parking. A nice experience overall.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
dheinlein, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

Thanks for your review travelinglady60! So glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the historic qualities of the hotel. Hope to see you again next time you’re in Columbus!

Best,

Reviewed November 23, 2010

This hotel was a fantastic. It was great. It was the best price I have paid for a hotel room ever for what I got for it. WOW WOW WOW.

The bed.. my god was like being held in your mother's arms. I cannot remember a better bed ever. It is better than my own bed.

There are only a few niggles... no windows opened. I am australian .. I need fresh air, And there was the incident with the steak I was cooking .. where because their was no extraction fan I may have set off the fire alarm... for some time...

Breakfast..was in review probably the best out of a very bad bunch of five weeks travel in country that has forgotten what food is and should be. But I will give a honest Australian assessment of it. One day there was this thing with white sauce (I understand it was 'country gravy' and crumbled 'sausage' ... good lord .. you feed this to people? My dog would have objected. And she god rest her doggy soul would have eaten anything. The coffee really let them down. What is with this drip rubbish.. get an expresso machine.. you don't need an operator... Real milk comes from cows. People put it in coffee. Real milk does not come from powder, nor is it 2% ? The only thing I could eat was my bagel .. every morning. The butter was not even yellow, so I had to have cream cheese. SIGH.

The staff were tops. The building was fab. Very strange renovation on the ground floor. needs to be redone.... urgently. Why couldn't I just park directly in the car park instead of having to tip and pay valet charges? The room service menu for the resturant across the road was out of date.

The internet was free .. big ticks .. and it was not rubbish unlike some nameless overpriced hotels in New York and Washington

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear Allison Jane,

Thank you so much for your review! We’re glad you chose our hotel on your visit to Columbus and that you slept well. My apologies that you didn’t enjoy breakfast, and thank you for letting us know about the room service menu. Hope to see you again if you return to Columbus!

Take care,

Reviewed November 6, 2010

I had a quick in & out trip to Columbus, and the Residence Inn was exactly what I wanted. I'm a Marriott fan and I like the expected when I am on the road. This hotel is in a converted bank building which makes it cool. The breakfast bar is in the old vault/safe deposit box room - cool. This isn't a glamorous place, but it is comfortable and easy. My room was comfortable and all that I would expect from a nice Marriott Courtyard. I recommend staying there and would do so again if traveling to Columbus.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
dheinlein, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2010

Dear mjmsf,

Thanks very much for the review and recommendation. We’re glad we lived up to expectation and agree with you that having breakfast in the original bank vault is pretty cool! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Columbus.

Regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2010

I loved this hotel. The photos don't do it justice. The lobby was amazing, if a bit empty (they are waiting for a restaurant to lease out the main lobby space), as was the eating area in the old vault. Free breakfast was perfect after a night of drinking - biscuits and gravy one morning, scrambled eggs both days, sausage, bagels, fresh fruit. 100% pure OJ, yummy coffee.

Rooms were huge and clean, the room we had on teh 2nd floor had a few steps up to the front door, it really looked like a nice condo entrance. The bed was comfy, nice, new flatscreen that swivels, steps up to teh bathroom/closet area. It was really nice, and only $139 it was a steal. Bummed the price went up to $190/night on Sunday (we were there Fri/Sat, and it's cheaper then because their main clientele is business).

Parking was $20/night, we originally parked in the $5 lot just 100 feet away, but weren't clear on how long one is allowed to park your car here, ie overnight, so we just forked over $20/night.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
dheinlein, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

Thanks for your review Zoe-Chloe – so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Take care,

Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a Buckeyes game this fall. The hotel is new and very clean and the bank building in which it is housed adds a neat, historic touch. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were big and well furnished. It's a little bit of a walk to the Short North, but it wasn't hard to get a cab when needed. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Richfield_Resident,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your recommendation. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a great time at the game too. Hope to see you again next football season!

Yours truly,