“I wish more hotels were like this one!”

Residence Inn Columbus Downtown
Ranked #26 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I am really pretty picky about where I stay, and I can definitely say I was in no way disappointed with my stay. All the staff was wonderful, friendly & helpful. Rooms gorgeous and spacious. Very cool upscale environment and seconds away from some great restaurants and bars. Absolutely perfect.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 2, 2010

What a nice change. They took this old landmark in the Buckeye Building and converted two-three storey lobby into a welcome center including free breakfast buffet in the VAULT AREA.

I got Room 514 which had a view of the next buildings roof. Not scenic but was never there. The fifth floor, not sure about other room floors, has these weird two wooden steps up to go into the room (kitchen level) and then two steps down to living/work/'bedroom area and then (stay with me) two steps up to the bathroom. If you were handicapped, older or drunk, it would not be easy to navigate. Good aerobic exercise going up and down. Kind of Rube Goldberg arrangement, but what the hey.

Everything spotless. Great bedding. Free internet. It was about $129. Close to Mitchell's Steakhouse.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2010

I have stayed here several times, generally for a week at a time. All the staff have been extremely helpful and courteous. The person who serves the evening receptions twice a week is exceptionally gracious. Everything has always been clean. It's very quiet and comfortable. It's the only place I stay in downtown Columbus now.
The hotel is a converted bank, and the beautiful high ceiling remain in the dining section. Breakfast is served in the former vault and the vault door also remains. Lovely historic touch.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
dheinlein, Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2010

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and for your comments; we’re so glad you enjoy your time here and it’s our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thanks too for recognizing Elena, we agree that she’s fantastic and feel lucky to have her. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2010

OH, I wish I knew about this place when I had to stay in Columbus last November for a conference. Very spacious, well-appointed, immaculately clean hotel room, with a full kitchen. Felt more like an apt. than a hotel room. The complimentary breakfast was a nice touch. The only downside was trying to spot the hotel while driving at night--the sign isn't large or bright enough. No problems, no drama. That's what you want when you are traveling.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
dheinlein, Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2010

We love our hotel and are thrilled you had a great experience here, thanks so much for the review. Can’t wait to see you next time you’re in Columbus!

Reviewed April 4, 2010

The parents and friends of our team that played in the OHSAA boys basketball final four stayed at this hotel in March 2010 and our experience was poor. We rented the banquet room and after our game we had a large group in the room and the hotel lounge. The bartender spent the entire time chasing our young children away from the bar area, she got the manager when our group exceeded the 30 person maximum for "fire code". Forcing us to make our friends and family leave the area to comply. The hotel only provides valet parking at $20 per day that is not adequtely disclosed on their website or by staff when making the reservation. There were issues with locating cars of those who did pay for this service. In addition, jewelry accidently left behind disappeared.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed March 9, 2010

My partner and I stayed at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown in early March, 2010. We were in town for the annual Arnold Sports Festival. The rooms were well appointed, with nice touches. The breakfast was OK, not great, but adequate. The location was great.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I spend a lot of time traveling on business and it's nice to find a place that feels more like a home than a hotel. Each time I've stayed here, the staff has been very friendly and helpful. I'll definitely pick this hotel on my next trip to Columbus.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business