Stayed at this hotel for a 3 day weekend w/ girlfriends in September - our first at this location. The hotel is a renovated bank building which made for some charming architecture (vault door leads into breakfast buffet room where an old safe and safety deposit boxes still stand) and welcome stay. Were able to check in earlier and our room was very clean w/ retro-decor, spacious and ready to go when we arrived at approx. 1:30 PM. Pleasantly surprised to see a fully-stocked kitchen & stainless steel appliances - we didn't use them but def a plus if your traveling with children. My only complaint was the bathroom did not have a fan or ventilation feature so we had to leave the door open between showers! Hotel was very quiet and is pet-friendly but only saw one pooch in a handbag on our way out to dinner. Breakfast buffet was the standard fare with hot and cold foods, waffles, eggs, pastries and juices.
Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Hotel did not seem crowded for a weekend with lots of events going on. Valet parking is $20 (check your bill - we were charged twice) but a parking lot was a few steps away in a safe area and much cheaper. We "valeted" our vehicles the first night and "parked" for the second night. I felt very safe in leaving my car there and generally in the whole area.
Directly across the street we ate two FABULOUS eateries! The quaint TipTop which served us up some delicious fried green tomatos and pot roast sandwiches in a thrift-shop-chic atmosphere. Had dinner at Due Amici the following night and was impressed by staff and delicious Italian cuisine. Best spinach artichoke dip on the planet!
All in all I would not hesitate for a moment to stay here again. There are restaurants abound and centrally located to the Port Columbus airport. My girlfriends and I would come back here in a minute!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Columbus Downtown hotel offers contemporary all-suite accommodations in the exquisitely renovated Historic Buckeye Building. This high-rise hotel in Downtown Columbus will impress you from the moment you arrive with the lobby's soaring 40-foot ceiling. Specializing in extended-stays, our Columbus hotel features newly renovated, spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens, living and work areas, luxury bedding and free Wi-Fi. In the morning, indulge in a variety of healthy and hearty favorites from our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. During downtime, work up a sweat in our state-of-the-art fitness center featuring free weights and cardio equipment with TV screens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Marriott so you can book your Residence Inn Columbus Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Columbus Downtown Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Columbus Downtown Ohio