“Ambiance, comfort and value”

Residence Inn Columbus Downtown
Ranked #27 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We planned a quick, overnight trip to Columbus and the Residence Inn was located in the perfect location. Another poster had an issue with the valet, but I have to say that everything about our stay was as close to perfection as you can get. Well, OK there isn't a lot of space at the street entrance, but that was a small thing (no pun intended). The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and made great dinner recommendations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Kathleen P,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your stay with us at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown. It's great to know that our central location perfectly suited your travel needs and you found our friendly service to meet your satisfaction. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for your overnight trip to Columbus, and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thanks again.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Columbus Downtown

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The hotel was fabulous, with wonderfully comfortable rooms. In a renovated bank, it was definitely a unique stay, with some of the old components remaining (you enter the breakfast area through the bank vault door).

However, I used valet parking and when my vehicle was returned, there was a sizable dent with multiple scratches on the rear driver's side. The valet didn't mention it when he brought my car back and opened the door for me, blocking my view of the damage. I noticed when I stopped for fuel, and I called the manager of the valet parking. He asked me to return to the hotel so we could fill out the necessary paperwork and take photographs for proof. He was very friendly and accommodating, but I am quite disappointed that I paid to put my vehicle in the care of a valet company where it was damaged and the employees were too dishonest to mention it to me. Please, check your car before you leave!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

MTSarahS,
Thank you for writing and sharing feedback from your visit. We appreciate you selecting our hotel during your travels, and we're glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay. I sincerely apologize for any frustrations and inconveniences you encountered with the valet. I'm pleased to hear the manager was friendly and accommodating in resolving the issue. We value you as our guest and hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I booked at the Residence Inn Downtown for our wedding night and for one of our blocks of rooms. We had a great experience. The hotel let us use an area of the hotel that is blocked off to take some pictures (which turned out great). We ended up getting quite a few rooms booked so they upgraded us at no charge to a 1 Bedroom suite from the Studio suite. They surprised us with mini bottles of champagne in our room and a handwritten note congratulating us on our wedding. All of our guests that stayed at the Residence had great experiences. The rooms were very clean and the location was perfect for our wedding events.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Alyssa B,
We appreciate you sharing feedback from your experience with us at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown. We're happy to have been a part of your special day, and we're glad our accommodations and amenities made for a great experience and wonderful stay. Attention to details and taking the extra steps for our guests are what lead us to thrive in hospitality. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for your wedding night and we wish you all the best. Congratulations to you both! Please plan to visit us again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My second at this hotel. Clean and friendly service. Suites are great price and provides plenty of room (includes kitchenette!). Hot breakfast available to all guests (eggs, bacon, oatmeal). Hotel provides free access to downtown fitness center (1/2 block away). Several good restaurants directly across the street. During my last visit, it started to rain and I had a short 10 minute walk to business office, the hotel staff provided a free, complimentary umbrella.
I travel to Columbus often, and will always stay here.

Room Tip: Suites prices are same cost as standard rooms at other hotels in downtown Columbus
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

rahwayrunner,
Thank you for your review and return visit with us at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed another stay and found our friendly service, spacious accommodations, and value added amenities to consistently meet your satisfaction. We appreciate your continued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The lobby/bar area of this hotel is a little strange at first, as it is in an old bank lobby. Ceilings are very high, and parts of the old bank are still there (teller counters and part of the breakfast area is inside the old safe). The rooms/suites are nice. Not big. Rooms are a little stuffy as windows don't open. Also, refrigerator was very loud. Not sure if it was just my room or the model of refrigerator they use.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael M
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

HiTownMan,
Thank you for writing a review. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we appreciate you choosing Residence Inn Columbus Downtown to serve your hotel needs. We apologize for the refrigerator noise that you experienced during your stay, and we appreciate you bringing this concern to our attention. I’ll be certain to address this issue with our maintenance staff to make the necessary repairs. We value you as our guest and we hope to have an opportunity to extend our hospitality to you again in the near future. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel and were pleasantly surprised. The building - formerly a bank and trust company - has been re-purposed into a Residence Inn. The lobby, common areas and elevator lobbies feature much of the building's original charm. The rooms are suites and feature bed(s), kitchen and living area. The rooms were spacious and clean.

Breakfast was hot and fresh, and above average compared to other Marriott properties. The breakfast was served in the former bank's vault. The vault door is still intact and very cool.

There was one issue with my trip which I resolved with an email to the manager, Robert Kennedy. I was impressed with his professionalism, understanding and speed of reply. The situation was made right by him, and I appreciate it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Rob D,
I am happy you brought your concerns to my attention and I am pleased I was able to assist with a resolution. My team and I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for 1 month mid August to Mid September 2013
Majority of rooms are studios in L shape separating the bed area from the living room/kitchen.
there is a laundry room on the 5th floor (1.25 wash - 1.25 dry)
Cleaning for my room was below average even compared to other residence inn's they have a hard time doing the sink or the tiled floor in the kitchen area.
Breakfast area is nice with a portion being the volt of the old bank where the hotel resides.
forget about the training facility (they have 5 cardio machines and offer you to go to a sweaty gym behind the hotel free of charge.
There are a few restaurants on Gay Street and café Napolitana (who caters the room service for the hotel) has nice pizzas.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

PhilippeOlivier,
Thank you for writing a review and for choosing to stay with us at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown. We appreciate your feedback as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. I apologize that the cleanliness of your room was not met with our excellence in service. I will be sure to discuss this review with our housekeeping staff and heighten our awareness of such issues. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again. Thank you once again for writing.