“Great Girls' weekend getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Columbus Downtown

Residence Inn Columbus Downtown
Ranked #28 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Lebanon, OH
“Great Girls' weekend getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel was awesome, the room was fab, but the best part was the service! Nate Wise was very accommodating and entertaining, and made sure our stay was nothing but the best. We came to Columbus for a girls getaway/Christmas shopping weekend, and the Residence Inn was in a great location for that. Shopping at Easton, dinner at the Elevator Brewery, and hanging out with Nate and the Residence Inn staff at the front made our weekend so memorable!

Room Tip: Pick the top floor!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
HeatherLebanon_OH,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you and your friends chose to stay with us at Residence Inn. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed our hotel and wonderful staff. I'll make sure to give Nate a special commendation for his outstanding service and appreciate you highlighting his work. I hope you had a great, memorable weekend with your friends and plan to schedule another getaway. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you again soon.
Robert Kennedy, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is THE most unusual Residence Inn I've ever stayed in. When I say unusual, I mean unusual in a good way!! This hotel is obviously a Residence Inn...but the building has been renovated, while retaining some if its very unique and appealing. Great stay in Downtown Columbus.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shannonwarmoth
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
bearclaw6672,
Thank you for writing a review. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our unique hotel and had a pleasant visit. We welcome you to visit us again the next time you're in Columbus.
Maricopa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

From the second I walked in the door to the moment I left, the staff here bent over backwards to please me. I asked about a convenience store when I arrived and they gave me walking directions for two... were closed (it was just after 8 pm on a weeknight so apparently all of downtown Columbus shuts down at that time). When they found out they'd sent me on a wild goose chase, they gave me complimentary snacks and beverages. In the morning when I needed to attend a trade show and found out that boxes had not made it from Fed Ex, they did everything in their power to get me those boxes! They even had their valet driver bring them to me at the convention center. Brian, Nate, Alex and Ashley...you are the most gracious hosts I have ever encountered.

So that's the staff, what about the digs? The building is an old bank, complete with vaults and marble and safe deposit rooms. Very cool architecture. I will stay here every time I come to Columbus!!!!

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank MaryJoBarry
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
MaryJoBarry,
It's great to hear from you. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, and we're delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit. We're grateful for your kind compliments about our staff. I'll make sure to give Brian, Nate, Alex, and Ashley a special commendation for their outstanding service. We're pleased that everything worked out well for you and hope you had a successful convention. Your gracious hosts will continue to provide their best service, so we hope you'll visit us again soon.
Alpharetta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

There are generally 2 types of Residence Inn's - ones that have undergone renovations and ones that haven't. The ones that have are pretty good properties. The ones that haven't - not so much. Then, there is this property. This is the best stay in Columbus by far. The housekeeping is the best in the city. The staff is friendly. The hotel is quaint and offers good amenities. The decor is outstanding and the beds are comfortable. This and the Lofts are the two best and the Drury is a distant 3rd. All others aren't even close.

I am a frequent traveller who forgoes getting the full points at the Renaissance because this Residence Inn is so good.

Room Tip: Lower floors tend to be more coveted, but occassionally there will be street noise in the middle of...
1 Thank buddy_and_lindsay
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
buddy_and_lindsay,

It's great to hear from you. We appreciate your kind review and great comments about our hotel and staff. I'm glad you found our decor pleasing as well as our staff friendly and helpful. All of your compliments are well received and appreciated. Please keep us as your choice hotel when traveling to Columbus! We look forward to your next visit.
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Overall, a nice, well-kept hotel that I would return to in the future. A studio suite was more than suficient for what I needed (i.e., a kitchen), but heck it was still nice to have. I didn't get a chance to have the breakfast, but did see the area that it is served. Quite cute. The design/decor of the lobby/first floor doesn't translate to the rooms though. Just something I noticed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
jonathand1018,

Thank you for your review. We're pleased to have had you as our guest, and glad you enjoyed your stay. The studio suites are spacious so I'm glad you were able to enjoy your suite even it it was for only one night. We're glad you liked our hotel and hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us.
Olney, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The person at Marriott who came up with the concept of turning wonderful old downtown bank buildings into hotels should be promoted, with a nice raise. This is the second time in a month I've stayed at one of these converted hotels. Both experiences were excellent (the other one was the SpringHill Suites in downtown Baltimore). The lobby here is charming. The old vault has been cleverly turned into the eating area (the breakfast food, by the way, was fresh, varied and tasty). The rooms are just great, with everything you expect in a Residence Inn suite along with some decorating touches and the nice, high-floor views you DON'T get at a boilerplate RI hotel off of an interstate highway. This particular hotel has some cool restaurants near it. And the Cafe Brioso coffee shop a few doors down is a can't miss morning stop.

1 Thank bagnato1
bagnato1,
Thank you for your kind review. It's always nice to hear excitement from our guests about our uniquely designed hotel and wonderful decor. We're glad you liked our property and hope you will return for another great visit.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is a grand historic building and renovated rooms which is not always the case. The rooms were tastefully decorated, my room had a view of the city which was enjoyable. The kitchenette was a big plus. The breakfast was included and it had everything you want from a buffet breakfast. I liked that the internet was free and the business room was accessible. I liked the lobby with a big screen. The biggest asset this property had the staff. Especially the front desk people were very helpful. I had a flat tire in front of the hotel, the valet people were especially helpful. The beds were very comfortable. I also liked the location, it was across a very nice Italian restaurant and a diner/bar open till 2:00 AM.

1 Thank Sibelcay
Sibelcay,

It's great to hear from you. We appreciate your kind review about your stay with us at Residence Inn Columbus Downtown. I'm glad you enjoyed our great hotel and found your suite to be spacious and comfortable. I'm pleased to know our staff was friendly as well as helpful with your flat tire. We hope you enjoyed our downtown area and found our city to be a great place to visit. Please plan to stay with us again soon.