All reviews bank building vault door gay street bourbon bar valet parking full kitchen the breakfast area unique hotel breakfast is served valet service front desk staff bedroom suite rooms are spacious short north restaurants and bars would definitely stay here again free breakfast
Reviewed August 2, 2012

my husband and i traveled to columbus for the first round of the NCAA men's basketball tournament. we have some friends in the city that told us the general area we needed to be in so we could be close to the arena. i am so glad that we picked this hotel! all the rooms are suites (including full kitchen, couch area and a big bathroom). it was clean and modern. the lobby was beautiful, and you could tell this old building had a lot of history.
the hotel served a complimentary breakfast, including eggs and sausage, fresh fruit, bagels, oatmeal and several different juices. it was wonderful.
the only downside to the entire trip, was that our car got broken into in the parking garage. luckily all they took were a few of my husband's shirts that were hanging in the back. when we told the hotel staff, they were as helpful as they could be (even though they have no association with the parking garage) they brought the car around for us, and vacuumed all the glass out of the car. they taped up the window the best they could, kept the car out front for us and watched our bags at the front desk (we had one more game to go to after check out).
overall, great experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Sarah T,

It’s nice to hear from you on TripAdvisor. Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel and staff. We’re glad that you and your husband liked our hotel and that it was a great location for the NCAA tournament. I’m pleased to know that our staff was able to help you with the issue concerning your vehicle. We invite you to come and stay with us again the next time you’re in Columbus.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed two nights at this property in Jul12. The hotel is set in an old building and rooms are adequately well done. decent complimentary breakfast, functional exercise room and friendly front desk staff provide essential comfort. Housekeeping is not up to the mark (we found cutlery left unclean after the housekeeper's visit to the room) and on the second day morning, I had to cope with exceptionally hot water from both hot and cold outlets in the bathroom shower!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
TeamConcord, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Dear aylur, thank you for the feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We are happy your enjoyed your visit with us and that overall you left with a great impression. We do realize we missed a few opportunities to make your stay perfect and our housekeeping staff has been made aware of their missteps. Please come see us again soon so we can have a chance to provide you with the perfect experience you deserve. Thanks again for being our guest.

Best,
Robert Kennedy

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The hotel is as described by previous posts. The main service areas were earlier a bank, with ultra high ceiling and even an intact safe door (opening in to breakfast buffet), and the rooms appear renovated and well appointed. Has king size beds and a neat kitchenette. Next door is a good cafe and it is walkable to german village but really close to the restaurants of arena. I did feel the property needs to improve its housekeeping - of course the rooms are spic and span, bathrooms cannot be cleaner, but service items of the kitchen are not all cleaned (they left a few of our coffee cups still resting on the side table) and they ignored the sofa bed (did not reset it). Now that could be and I believe would be an isolated experience, but want to express it so that it can be set right for future travelers. I must add, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Vfmtraveler,

Thank you for the taking the time to write about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you had a nice stay with us and will stay here again. I apologize for the missed housekeeping duties and will make mention of it in our next staff meeting. It is nice to hear from you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I recently visited Columbus for business and decided to try out the Residence Inn on E. Gay Street. I found the staff to be welcoming and the stay to be very comfortable.

Before checking in, I called the hotel to make sure that i was on a high floor and away from the elevator. They were able to grant my request. I did have an issue with the room that I was given and I was immediately offered another room .. no questions asked.

The room (studio with a king bed) was spacious and I love the suite concept. I found the AC to never quite get to the temperature that I preferred, but I like my room to be very very cold. So it was not an issue that I addressed with management. The room was clean and the bed was really comfortable.

I booked using Marriott's site and was able to get valet parking included for $10.00 a night instead of $20.00 a night. I appreciated that very much!

I did take advantage of the complimentary breakfast in the morning. It was a nice surprise. Eggs, sausage, homemade waffles, variety of cereals and fruits.

There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. I had a pizza and a drink from Due Amici accross the street. It was very good. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I recently made a trip to Columbus on business and found this location to be great. It is located in an old bank which makes for a neat setting. It was within walking distance to a few restaurants which was a plus and the staff was very friendly and eager to please. I had booked a studio suite, but was upgraded to a one bedroom due to being a platinum member. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

David W,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel and for recommending us. I will pass along all of your comments to our team during our next weekly meeting. We look forward to seeing you again!